Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade deadline

12isthenew18

Sign Shayne Skov: He's a rookie out of Stanford a projected 2-3 rounder some reason never picked up. Can cover a TE and we have D'qwell Jackson the slowest runner ever and somewhat injured Freeman. He'd be very very cheap.

Sign Richard Marshall. He was cut out of San Diego today but the colts outside of vontae and toler if one goes down it all does seeing that gordy hasn't shown up this year and they won't give purifoy a shot. 

Trade Landry for whatever you can get: A ham sandwich would be an upgrade. Unless we can find a way to use him in the box move him. See if we can send 6th and him for a 4th

Send for Dashon Goldson a 6th round pick: It's a sixth rounder no loss. we pay only 3m of his salary this year and then he has 4m dead money and 4m cap savings in 2015. He has no dead money in 2016. 

Sign Shayne Skov: He's a rookie out of Stanford a projected 2-3 rounder some reason never picked up. Can cover a TE and we have D'qwell Jackson the slowest runner ever and somewhat injured Freeman. He'd be very very cheap.

Sign Richard Marshall. He was cut out of San Diego today but the colts outside of vontae and toler if one goes down it all does seeing that gordy hasn't shown up this year and they won't give purifoy a shot.

Trade Landry for whatever you can get: A ham sandwich would be an upgrade. Unless we can find a way to use him in the box move him. See if we can send 6th and him for a 4th

Send for Dashon Goldson a 6th round pick: It's a sixth rounder no loss. we pay only 3m of his salary this year and then he has 4m dead money and 4m cap savings in 2015. He has no dead money in 2016.

I'd take Landry's missed tackles over Goldson's illegal hits & unsportsmanlike penalties

If Skov was projected as a 2nd to 3rd rounder and literally every team in the league passed on the opportunity to draft him, that means there's something going on.  He must not be as good as people make him seem.  I know he was a really popular player on our boards around draft time

Shayne was a projected 2nd/3rd rounder back in 2011 before he blew out his knee.    His knee has not been the same ever since.

Now,  he's been signed and released from the practice squads of two teams,  the 49ers and the Bucs. 

If we sign him,  he's a practice squad guy.    He's not going on to our 53-man roster.

I don't see us doing anything at the deadline but you never know. I personally like what Grig's has done and would rather hold on to our picks and keep building thru the draft. I like this team. We know Grig's isn't afraid to pull the trigger.

We could pick Rogers back up and trade him to a WR needy team I hear he has some Dez in him somewhere. He is a potential #`1 just sitting out there.

Bucs are shopping Barron.

I don't know much about him, I know he hasn't played that well this season. However, he is young and possibly it's just a scheme issue in Tampa? Would he fit our scheme here?

Anyone know anything about him?

I haven't watched any Bucs games to see how he is playing. Is he an upgrade over Adams, Brown, and Landry? Since we have a bye coming up, he would have 2 weeks to get familiar with the D before taking on the Pats. I wouldn't give up more than a 5th rounder for him though.

I haven't watched any Bucs games to see how he is playing. Is he an upgrade over Adams, Brown, and Landry? Since we have a bye coming up, he would have 2 weeks to get familiar with the D before taking on the Pats. I wouldn't give up more than a 5th rounder for him though.

I'm not sure, his issues could be scheme fit in Tampa Bay? I have no idea. The staff that drafted him no longer work there.

He's probably not an upgrade over Adams, as Adams has been playing pretty well. Brown is average (great STs guy) and Landry is terrible.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>BREAKING: The <a href="https://twitter.com/Cardinals">@Cardinals</a> have agreed in principal to trade Larry Fitzgerald to the <a href="https://twitter.com/Patriots">@Patriots</a> in return for a 3rd round pick in 2015.</p>— Adam Schefter (@adamschefiter) <a href="

BREAKING: The @Cardinals have agreed in principal to trade Larry Fitzgerald to the @Patriots in return for a 3rd round pick in 2015.

— Adam Schefter (@adamschefiter)

October 28, 2014
">October 28, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

extreme long shot but I wonder if Lavonte David  is available?

I doubt it unless someone offered a 1st rounder and maybe more. David is a superstar. He may be the best ILB in the NFL. I would love to have him though, and if I remember right we could have drafted him instead of Fleener.

Give up Fleener to San Fran because VD ain't performing and/or is hurt, give up A.Q.Shipley because Gilmore went down for San Fran. In return, get Aldon Smith in a trade.

There, I said it:

Coby Fleener and A.Q.Shipley and maybe a 7th rounder in addition to it for Aldon Smith

To me, that makes sense.

Give up Fleener to San Fran because VD ain't performing and/or is hurt, give up A.Q.Shipley because Gilmore went down for San Fran. In return, get Aldon Smith in a trade.

There, I said it:

Coby Fleener and A.Q.Shipley and maybe a 7th rounder in addition to it for Aldon Smith

To me, that makes sense.

I doubt it makes sense to the 49ers