Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

are the broncos really 30 points better then the 49ers or.......

CR91

But they did run it up.

The last TD was a run from like SF's 20. Manning wasn't really even passing as much at that point. SF went in to roll over and die mode.

After that, Manning didn't play a snap for the entire fourth quarter. That's not running it up, that's letting the Broncos run over you. (Which I'm still not sold on, but their run game looks better without Montee "can't hold on to the" Ball)

did their defense really miss willis bowman aldon smith and bunch of players in their secondary? and before you say oh kaep has so many weapons and good o-line which is true, but I dont see kaep like someone that can lead a team like luck or wilson. I put him more at RG3 level

I don't know how Denver scored 42 points on anyone.    I read elsewhere here that Denver doesn't have an elite offense.

42 points in one game?    Impossible!!

:sarcasm:

Come on guys...I know everybody loves Peyton but we've seen blowouts by 1 team followed by losses by that same team in the playoff rematch many times, and Peyton doesn't always play his best in the playoffs. The fact that he played so well last postseason might indicate that he's on pace for a couple 1 and dones before he plays well again.

I don't think there will be a playoff rematch though. I'm not as down on Kaep or Harbaugh as others but the inexplicable hate bandwagon is to big now. If any other team would have have gotten their tails kicked I'd chalk it up as an example of what I first said.

Denver has a slightly better offense and, arguably, a better defense than Indy. If nothing else both offense and defense are close enough to be a wash.

I'd give us the edge by a mile in special teams, though. I think Indy is a more complete team than Denver, and we can hang with/beat them. Just depends which team plays harder and gets more breaks on any given night between us. We'll probably meet in the AFC title game, but I wouldn't sleep on NE and SD if only because of their QB's.

Denver is better by a lot but I do wish the two teams met now instead of week 1.

Kaep is overrated and will likely be Harbaugh's downfall.  He would have been wiser to stick with Alex Smith.  

Just like with RG3, once you take away the threat of the read option play these guys are pretty pedestrian.  

Harbaugh will be his own downfall with his attitude and collage mentality.

Kap got paid big huge money for no damn reason. All Kap did was mess up our contract with Luck! They mine as well pay Blaine Gabbert that money same results. The Ninets Defense when healthy would've made it probably a 20 point game. But that's it lol. Can't blame OLine or defense for this collapse they almost got beat by Austin davis

Kap got paid big huge money for no damn reason. All Kap did was mess up our contract with Luck! They mine as well pay Blaine Gabbert that money same results. The Ninets Defense when healthy would've made it probably a 20 point game. But that's it lol. Can't blame OLine or defense for this collapse they almost got beat by Austin davis

The Seahawks did get beat by Austin Davis. The kids is pretty good

You think Luck and Kaep are comparable?

did their defense really miss willis bowman aldon smith and bunch of players in their secondary? and before you say oh kaep has so many weapons and good o-line which is true, but I dont see kaep like someone that can lead a team like luck or wilson. I put him more at RG3 level

Kaep is overrated and will likely be Harbaugh's downfall. He would have been wiser to stick with Alex Smith.

Just like with RG3, once you take away the threat of the read option play these guys are pretty pedestrian.

Yep, Kapernick is holding the 49ers back. They better look to draft a QB or find a way to trade for someone

At this point, it wouldn't hurt to try Gabbert. He's not the best, but he's better in the pocket than Kap will ever be and that's what the 49ers offense needs

Yep, Kapernick is holding the 49ers back. They better look to draft a QB or find a way to trade for someone

At this point, it wouldn't hurt to try Gabbert. He's not the best, but he's better in the pocket than Kap will ever be and that's what the 49ers offense needs

Kaep has a QB rating of 94; Smith has a QB rating of 91.

Niners have many issues and many of them are defensively.

I wouldn't go that far.  Gabbert is just outright terrible and he shouldn't even be a backup. 

No they're not.

This was a blowout win. Teams always look worse on the receiving end of those than they really are, and the winners look better than they really are as well. 

Denver is a great team, don't get me wrong. Most complete team in the NFL right now. But it was one game where things went very badly for the 49ers and everything went right for the Broncos. Flip the script and change the 49ers to the Seahawks and you've got the Super Bowl, and no one here was saying that Denver was really that much worse than the Seattle back in February. 

No they're not.

This was a blowout win. Teams always look worse on the receiving end of those than they really are, and the winners look better than they really are as well. 

Denver is a great team, don't get me wrong. Most complete team in the NFL right now. But it was one game where things went very badly for the 49ers and everything went right for the Broncos. Flip the script and change the 49ers to the Seahawks and you've got the Super Bowl, and no one here was saying that Denver was really that much worse than the Seattle back in February.

actually a few were, Go P

No they're not.

It didn't go as badly for them as we think. They just had 1 turnover. Denver Defense played lights out and Manning did what he does.

I will give this though. Niners were missing some good starters on D but really wouldn't have made much of a difference.

Come on guys...I know everybody loves Peyton but we've seen blowouts by 1 team followed by losses by that same team in the playoff rematch many times, and Peyton doesn't always play his best in the playoffs. The fact that he played so well last postseason might indicate that he's on pace for a couple 1 and dones before he plays well again.

I don't think there will be a playoff rematch though. I'm not as down on Kaep or Harbaugh as others but the inexplicable hate bandwagon is to big now. If any other team would have have gotten their tails kicked I'd chalk it up as an example of what I first said.

LOL theres no science or math on this earth that supports that idea.

actually a few were, Go P

Only the crazies Uncle Mark!  ;)

It didn't go as badly for them as we think. They just had 1 turnover. Denver Defense played lights out and Manning did what he does.

I will give this though. Niners were missing some good starters on D but really wouldn't have made much of a difference.

Good point Shane. Didn't mean to take anything away from the recently-nasty Denver D. But it wasn't just about blatant mistakes like turnovers. Just a failure, overall, to execute very well, particularly on offense. It's always a little of both, I think. 

LOL...history?

history doesn't prove he would be 'on pace ' as you say, for a couple one and done's. it just proves he lost some games in the past. Its not proof that's why it happened if it  does happen in the future. Games have a million factors and multiple players.

media creating the theme that its his fault and you chirping it after reading it doesn't make it any form of a fact.

sports doesn't work that way but people believe the stupidest myths

Denver has a slightly better offense and, arguably, a better defense than Indy. If nothing else both offense and defense are close enough to be a wash.

I'd give us the edge by a mile in special teams, though. I think Indy is a more complete team than Denver, and we can hang with/beat them. Just depends which team plays harder and gets more breaks on any given night between us. We'll probably meet in the AFC title game, but I wouldn't sleep on NE and SD if only because of their QB's.

LOLOL at slightly better