Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay Says Colts Considering Trade Options [Merge]

COLTS449

I haven't seen it posted so I didn't know if you guys had seen yet. On NFL Trade Rumors their saying Irsay told reporters we're looking at trade options. It doesn't have any specific player mentioned though. I cant get the link to work, but go over to NFLTR and its 5 or 6 articles down.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According an NFL Trade Rumors article quoting Stephen Holder:

Colts owner Jim Irsay told reporters on Wednesday that they are considering potential trade options that could improve their roster and help their chances of making a deep playoff run.

“Obviously we’re taking it a game at a time, but this week Ryan and Chuck and I met and talked about anything we can do before the trade deadline (or) past the trade deadline in terms of having some young, ascending players who might be able to help us. . . and do whatever we can to get that edge,” Irsay said, via Stephen Holder of the Indianapolis Star. “Obviously health is going to play a big role in how we move forward. If we can stay relatively healthy, I think this team really has something special. That’s what I’m focused on. It’s exciting to see.”

Holder mentions that this could either be foreshadowing of something big to come, or it could be just idle chatter. However, Holder points out that GM Ryan Grigson has been trying to collect more draft picks, which could be indication that they are unlikely to swing a trade before the upcoming deadline.

Last year, Indianapolis sent the Browns a first-round pick for RB Trent Richardson, who hasn’t exactly lived up to expectations since he entered the league a few years ago.

The NFL trade deadline is 4 p.m. on Oct. 28, which is less than two weeks away. We’ll have more updates regarding potential trades as the news is available.

DB, OL, or OLB?   This could get interesting.  I just hope he doesn't trade someone who is doing very well for us right now.  

I don't see OL. Our depth is better than it has been in years and the young guys are playing well.

I think they'd be looking at Safety, first and foremost, and then possibly OLB. A young ILB with coverage skills would be nice too.

Getting a safety, shipping Laron out or shipping Laron for picks

Yes, please!!!!  Send LaRon packing and sign me in his place.  I'll play for a tenth of his $24 mil contract, while missing as many tackles and blowing as many coverage assignments.  Same results for a discounted price!

But seriously, get rid of LaRon

Yes, please!!!! Send LaRon packing and sign me in his place. I'll play for a tenth of his $24 mil contract, while missing as many tackles and blowing as many coverage assignments. Same results for a discounted price!

But seriously, get rid of LaRon

Know it's a small sample but Sergio Brown has played solidly IMO during Landry's absence

CJ Spiller was a hot rumor early in the season...    and Trent is just not really very good.    Serviceable at best, if Brad goes down?

I definitely think IF anything happens it will be for a RB or a rush backer.

I'd love to have Spiller, but I would be a bit surprised if Grigs went there.  On the other hand our running game does need a bit more of an explosive twitch to it.  I'd love to see him in this offense.  You never know with Grigs though!

I agree....    in fact I am looking more toward the next draft....

I am a HUGE OL / DL draft early guy...  BUT...     if Gurley, Gordon, AA, Coleman any were there late in the first round ...  POUNCE.   Spectacular RB group coming out...

I'd love to have Spiller, but If be a bit surprised is Grigs went there.  On the other hand our running game does need a bit more of an explosive twitch to it.  I'd love to see him in this offense.  You never know with Grigs though!

I agree....    in fact I am looking more toward the next draft....

I am a HUGE OL / DL draft early guy...  BUT...     if Gurley, Gordon, AA, Coleman any were there late in the first round ...  POUNCE.   Spectacular RB group coming out...

Definitely some good backs coming out next year in the draft.  I've been stuck on this Spiller thing for some months now though.  I think if we somehow got C.J. Spiller it would be the equivalent of when the Pats picked up Corey Dillon in terms of the effect it had on their running game.  I think Spiller would put up some numbers in this offense.  It's kind of hard to imagine after Grigs paying so much for Richardson, but C.J. wouldn't demand as much as T Rich and he's already used to playing in a running back by committee system. I just get excited thinking about a big back like that with 4.2 speed lined up behind Luck.