Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Callin 'em Out (Week 5)

Superman

Offense: TRich & Bradshaw, Ravens have a good rush D and if they can get something started then it will be a long day for Bal!

Defense: Werner, outside of Walden the OLB's have been have been invisible. Please Werner if you could pick it up in any game this one would be it!

Hakeem Nicks, I will clarify that by saying I don't think he is on the same page as Luck but he did have a full TC and OTA's with him...So its not like Nicks was just brought up off the street a few games into the season.

Also he appears to be more interested in doing an interview proclaiming himself the best WR in the league rather then playing like it......If he wants to claim he is the best wr in the league(And yes I get that you have to believe your the best even if your DHB for example)...Ok...I'd personally rather go about showing it then saying it but he isn't the first nor will be the last to do that so Ill go with it.......But there have been times I have questioned this guys effort on routes and slowing up on some

Hakeem Nicks, beat the DB covering you repeatedly, make a few big plays.

Nicks ranks VERY low on the list of priorities to beat this team. Sure, it would nice. But he could have exactly zero catches for zero yards and we could still blow the Ravens out the building. 

We need to cover their RB's and TE's, we need to suppress this attack. If we get handled, it will be by way of the aforementioned. 

Hakeem Nicks, I will clarify that by saying I don't think he is on the same page as Luck but he did have a full TC and OTA's with him...So its not like Nicks was just brought up off the street a few games into the season.

Also he appears to be more interested in doing an interview proclaiming himself the best WR in the league rather then playing like it......If he wants to claim he is the best wr in the league(And yes I get that you have to believe your the best even if your DHB for example)...Ok...I'd personally rather go about showing it then saying it but he isn't the first nor will be the last to do that so Ill go with it.......But there have been times I have questioned this guys effort on routes and slowing up on some

This annoys me. He spent ten minutes doing an interview. That says nothing about what he wants, what he's interested in, how hard he's working, etc.

In the end to beat the Ravens it really comes down to our defense.

The Ravens have a defense and offense capable if taking over a game and winning. While right now only our offense is capable of that.

Exactly. I see no reason to call out ANY offensive player. Our offense, they got this. 

Exactly. I see no reason to call out ANY offensive player. Our offense, they got this.

The only offensive players i would call out is TRich and Bradshaw, mainly because the Ravens have a good rush D. But still I really am not worried about that. They will play fine.

This annoys me. He spent ten minutes doing an interview. That says nothing about what he wants, what he's interested in, how hard he's working, etc.

Doing an interview is no problem, 10 minutes, 20 minutes or 30 minutes....Don't care......But doing one proclaiming your the best wr in the league and in my opinion slowing up on some routes isn't the way to show it. Now understandably his production wont be what it would be if he was the 1st or 2nd option on almost every play which he clearly isn't, Im not asking for multiple 100 yard games...That's unrealistic in my opinion with the weapons we have but I don't think its unreasonable to want more then 23 yards a game receiving out of him

Doing an interview is no problem, 10 minutes, 20 minutes or 30 minutes....Don't care......But doing one proclaiming your the best wr in the league and in my opinion slowing up on some routes isn't the way to show it. Now understandably his production wont be what it would be if he was the 1st or 2nd option on almost every play which he clearly isn't, Im not asking for multiple 100 yard games...That's unrealistic in my opinion with the weapons we have but I don't think its unreasonable to want more then 23 yards a game receiving out of him

I think that's petty. When the ball is going the other way, I don't care about him slowing down on a route. And I don't care what he says in an interview. 

I think that's petty. When the ball is going the other way, I don't care about him slowing down on a route. And I don't care what he says in an interview. 

I don't think coaches think that's petty since they grade players on every play

He played good against Den and Jax as a 3rd receiver. Got 36 and a TD against Den and 50 and a TD against Jax. Im not defending his claim of being the best WR, but as a 3rd he hasn't done too bad.

I don't think coaches think that's petty since they grade players on every play

It's petty of you to keep harping on it. And it's incredibly petty of you to even bring it up in the context of the interview, as if the interview means anything.

You could just say that you think he can and should play better and harder, and leave the interview out of it, because it's entirely unrelated.

It's petty of you to keep harping on it. And it's incredibly petty of you to even bring it up in the context of the interview, as if the interview means anything.

You could just say that you think he can and should play better and harder, and leave the interview out of it, because it's entirely unrelated.

I didn't harp on it, I stated my opinion as to why I thought he needed to step up a bit in my original statement and you responded to it . Could I have said Hakeen Nicks and left it at that? Of course but without giving a reason why Im not sure makes a lot of sense

I didn't harp on it, I stated my opinion as to why I thought he needed to step up a bit in my original statement and you responded to it . Could I have said Hakeen Nicks and left it at that? Of course but without giving a reason why Im not sure makes a lot of sense

Cool deal. I don't have a problem with looking for more from Nicks. But I don't think the interview is relevant, nor does it mean anything about how he's working or playing. Like I said, the whole "he seems to be more interested in" thing is silly to me.

Cool deal. I don't have a problem with looking for more from Nicks. But I don't think the interview is relevant, nor does it mean anything about how he's working or playing. Like I said, the whole "he seems to be more interested in" thing is silly to me.

It might be, I just think it was a poorly timed statement 4 weeks into the season and 94 yards later. To me that's like a Corner lit up for 100 yards in a game and him saying he is the best Corner in the game.....It don't add up, Again I have nothing wrong with him thinking he is(And he has shown he can produce in the league at a high level)...I actually love a player that has that mindset.....But show it and THEN talk about it or take the Muhammad Ali approach and say it before the game before ya go out and prove it for all I care.....But show it

I am calling out my boy Sergio you talked about wanting the opportunity to contribute more on D. Here it is my man make the most of it. Go Irish I know you will be pumped after the win on Saturday.

Werner it is you again you are so close to making plays let's starting finishing them off.

I am calling out whoever is wrapping the ankles come on man you using scotch tape?

A big welcome back to Freeman. 

Jones sorry I know you had to have this one circled on your calendar. It sure will be nice when you get back. The D has been rolling without two of it's best on the front 7. 

The fans. Be your normal roudy maniacs when Flacco is on the field and give him the jitters. When Luck is under centre, take a quiet sip of beer, or apple juice if you are under 12.

Yes BHC, show Jim Harbaugh that we pump nothing in but just natural enthusiasm. Also, get Nicks involved early & often because our offense not our defense will be called upon to get a W on Sunday.

Remember to throw to more than just Fleener, Hiton, & Wayne Chewbacca. Thank you. 

Keep spelling centre with an e & colour with U too BHC. I do love my grammar rebels you know. Nice! 

If Shipley isn't starting C, calling out whoever made that decision

Whoever is starting at Safety opposite Adams *Hopes it's Purifoy*

Defensive Line: Be nice to have a pass rush before Christmas comes

LB Corps: Thought this would be the bright spot of the defense given the talent and depth, highly disappointed thus far. Need to see way more improvement

Colts Fans at the Oil Drum Sunday: Bring the noise as if it was the last game you'll attend

:colts:

I'm calling out McNary.  He may not play if Freeman comes back but considering Freeman's injury was a hammy, there is a good chance he could sit quite a bit.  But Mcnary has done nothing except look lost out there on the field.  His pass coverage is horrible, his run stopping is near non existent, is slow to react, takes bad angles and doesn't pack a lot of force when he does stumble upon the ball carrier.

Offensively, I'm calling out GC.  First three games of the season he was solid if unspectacular. Against the Titans he was rather pedestrian.  I know he was going up against a great defensive player most of the game but he got beat way too much.  Time to shake off that performance and grade out in the 90+ percentage this game.