• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vontae "Shadow" Davis

Vontae "Copy Cat" Davis

Vontae "The Warden" Davis

Vontae "Masterlock" Davis

Vontae "Forgot your #1 WR was here" Davis

Or if none of those work, we can just go with our very own Mods name "21IsSuperman"

Vontae "Superman" Davis

:clap:

Master lock is pretty sweet!!

I always said Vontae's peak :)

I don't disagree that's Sherman's great but the irony of your comment appears to be lost. The one guy in the league who doesn't let his play speak for itself is Sherman.

When was the last time you heard Sherman say anything boastful in any way?  Be honest, don't make something up out of thin air.

The best CB tandem has to be the Cards, with the way Cromartie has been playing this year. Throw in Honey Badger and Deone and that might be the best secondary in football. So many people don't realize how much Earl Thomas means to Seattle. People don't throw deep to either side of the field because of him.

He was until he went down with an injury.  Davis is and has been the proverbial underachiever.

Claiborne was terrible this season, even before the injury. Ten catches, 225 yards (yeah, 22.5 yards/catch), 3 TDs, 1 INT, passer rating against of 121.5. One of the worst starting cornerbacks in the league this year, which is why he got benched.

Give it up.

Claiborne was terrible this season, even before the injury. Ten catches, 225 yards (yeah, 22.5 yards/catch), 3 TDs, 1 INT, passer rating against of 121.5. One of the worst starting cornerbacks in the league this year, which is why he got benched.

Give it up.

He was horrible last season as well in limited time... he gave up a lot of big yardage plays.

I don't like to overuse the word 'bust'... but as the 6th overall pick, a poor rookie season, a bad second season, a disasterous start to this season, and constant injury problems, he is starting the enter the bust conversation.

Absolutely laughable that this clown is claiming Claiborne to be a better CB than Davis... and removes what little credibility any of his posts could have been given.

I have been saying this sense Davis arrived in Indy.  I knew he would be the corner we needed, when he got to Indy he was young and not focused, everyone was saying cut him he is a bum/ thug he does not fit the Indy image. What do all of the naysayers think now?  Davis is one of the best corners in the league this year and I see him getting better.  Go Colts

When was the last time you heard Sherman say anything boastful in any way?  Be honest, don't make something up out of thin air.

1. "I was making sure everyone knew Crabtree was a mediocre receiver. And when you try the best corner in the game with a mediocre receiver, that's what happens. I appreciate that he knows that now." — on Michael Crabtree

2. I'm the best corner in the game. When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you gonna get. Don't you ever talk about me."

3. "What challenge?" — when asked about the "challenge" of playing against Roddy White

4. “I’m one of the best 22 players in the NFL. You’re going to brush it off, but I don’t think you’re the best 22 anything.” To skip Bayless

5. "Ur name will be irrelevant once u step back on the field bruh. Get ya picks up!" — to Darrelle Revis

Anyone know the amount of times he was targeted and how many yards he gave up today?

According to PFF, 5 targets, 2 catches for 25 yards, no TDs, 1 INT, passer rating against was 16.7. 

For the season, 20 targets, 8 catches for 79 yards, no TDs, 2 INT, passer rating against is 12.3 (which leads the league).

Vontae Davis has been no better. I know you guys love him, but you'd be talking trash about him if he played elsewhere.

8 catches on 20 targets 0 tds 2 ints Covering D.Thomas, Jeremy Maclin, Steve Smith. How could anyone talk trash about that. You are just sounding ignorant now

According to PFF, 5 targets, 2 catches for 25 yards, no TDs, 1 INT, passer rating against was 16.7.

For the season, 20 targets, 8 catches for 79 yards, no TDs, 2 INT, passer rating against is 12.3 (which leads the league).

Thank you very much, sir! He is fantastic. My friend, a redskins fan, was marvelling at his play against the ravens!

8 catches on 20 targets 0 tds 2 ints Covering D.Thomas, Jeremy Maclin, Steve Smith. How could anyone talk trash about that. You are just sounding ignorant now

He sounds ignorant because he is.

I think he's the type who can't stand admitting being wrong or is just so blinded by his false beliefs he can't see that he's wrong.

Vontae Davis has been no better. I know you guys love him, but you'd be talking trash about him if he played elsewhere.

Of course, most of the members on this board are fans of the Colts, if a player is not on the Colts then it's a given Colts fan will talk trash about them.

The pack mentality here is hilarious.

Please give some examples of how Davis has underachieved this year and what he could have done better.