Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Safety Situation Poll [Merge]

Bravo

Safety Situation  

111 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want the Colts to do to improve our Safety position?

• Trade a draft pick?
    • Trade a starting player?
    • Sign a free Agent?
    • Roll with what we have for now?

The team isnt gonna do anyrhing. They we use what they have to get by these 4 weeks. Now if landry was out for the season then they might make a move. All the talk about trading is down right crazy. Any right minded person wouldnt trade a pick or player to fill a void for four weeks. Just a waste

Sergio said he wanted to play some S since last year help the team more. I think he is going to get his chance. Unless Colt is ready to go. Hopefully we will get a look at Dewey too.

If there is someone coaches/Grig's thinks can help sitting on a couch somewhere bring them in. I think something is up with Clemons personally but who knows.  

Where is our Texans poster? Clemons goes from projected starter to cut and they bring Manning back for depth.... any insight?

I would say Grig's has his short list in case of injury as far as FA's go but we are rolling with what we have. Grig's has put out all the fires this yr. I am going to guess he has a handle on this.

We have a solid trio at CB and an offense capable of scoring in bunches. I think we will be just fine. At least we will know pretty quick because Flacco likes to air it out.

Over this week Uncle? What are you guessing 58.5?

I am a diehard Notre Dame fan (don't hold that against me :)).

I had the opportunity to watch Sergio quite a bit while he was at ND.  As a S, he is a sure tackler.

Sergio struggles in coverage though.  He doesn't have fluid hips and lacks lateral quickness.

Sergio does have outstanding straight line/top end speed. 

In sum, re: Sergio at S:

- Solid tackler (not necessarily a thumper but is fundamentally sound and not afraid of contact - not a bad thing considering we've seen Landry whiff quite a bit on his attempted highlight reel hits)

- Above average top end/straight line speed

- Stiff hips (he can be exposed by elite WRs and explosive double moves)

- Average lateral quickness

No trade no trae what so ever

the only reason to trade would be if we could find a team with a talented young safety that could not only help now, but be a starting safety for the future.  Sort of like the Vontae Davis situation.  However, I think it's highly unlikely we wind up finding that type of situation again.

I was leaning toward signing a free agent, but I'm not so sure we get a good enough upgrade with a (probably) washed up Clemons or an unproven Rambo (although I liked him coming out of college). By the time a new safety is comfortable with the playbook, Landry will have returned...

My inclination would be to stand pat and wait for Landry to come back. We will need to address safety in the draft or next off-season. It's not really a position of strength, regardless of the suspension.

What does next man up mean? Is it a slogan that the team uses when it's time to "whistle past the graveyard" cause the team has no choice but to play the backup? If the coaches preach daily prepare because you can be the next man up at any time, then at a next man up opportunity they pass over the second string player what does that say to the player? (coaches are not serious don't really mean it, it's a platitude) Last I would say, it's 4 games, make it work with Brown. 

This is why teams have back-ups and a practice squad... so if someone cannot play for a few weeks they don't have to do anything rash like trade away a draft pick or sign someone off the street and have to expect immediate production.

I'm not excited about Sergio Brown seeing extended time at safety either but people who are still condemning him for something that happened two years ago are beyond ridiculous.

I voted "sign a free agent" but I would be just as ok with run with the dog's ya' brung too....but I see no harm in adding depth if there is someone out there on a one year flyer given Landry's suspension and the fact we are kind of thin there anyway...Sergio has been injured, The Colt named Colt injured, Landry has a history of injuries Delano already gone, I see nothing wrong with another body.....

I am a diehard Notre Dame fan (don't hold that against me :)).

I had the opportunity to watch Sergio quite a bit while he was at ND. As a S, he is a sure tackler.

Sergio struggles in coverage though. He doesn't have fluid hips and lacks lateral quickness.

Sergio does have outstanding straight line/top end speed.

In sum, re: Sergio at S:

- Solid tackler (not necessarily a thumper but is fundamentally sound and not afraid of contact - not a bad thing considering we've seen Landry whiff quite a bit on his attempted highlight reel hits)

- Above average top end/straight line speed

- Stiff hips (he can be exposed by elite WRs and explosive double moves)

- Average lateral quickness

If that is the case then i would like to see Adams at FS and have Brown play SS. Having Brown in the backend playing deep really poses a problem vs the Smith team.

If that is the case then i would like to see Adams at FS and have Brown play SS. Having Brown in the backend playing deep really poses a problem vs the Smith team.

Brown on the field means...Hey Flacco! Go Deep! I don't know how you could possibly believe Smith would do anything less then make Sergio his personal whipping boy, Especially considering Sergio as all of 3 starts in his career, I hope Sergio proves me wrong of course as it is a win win situation for all involved but Im coming in with low expectations for him

Brown on the field means...Hey Flacco! Go Deep! I don't know how you could possibly believe Smith would do anything less then make Sergio his personal whipping boy, Especially considering Sergio as all of 3 starts in his career, I hope Sergio proves me wrong of course as it is a win win situation for all involved but Im coming in with low expectations for him

Oh i agree! I really didnt want Sergio to start. I will say Sergio is good at tackling so i say we put him at SS and use him in the box. Adams is the only safety right now I trust guarding the back end. I hope he proves me wrong also.