Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Will Be Okay (Colts @ Broncos)

PrincetonTiger

I always freak out because of what is occurring at the moment. And after seeing the second half, I still see that potential to be a very good team. We need better execution and playcalling. Hopefully we will get that fixed. Obviously steamed about the first half though. 

All in all, I think you have to feel good about our defense after the 2nd half. They're a young group missing their best player and they played tough on the road against the best QB in football. I think there were a lot of encouraging things on the field tonight. Let's hope the 2nd half Colts and the 1st half Eagles show up to Lucas Oil next Monday.

Also Pagano is an * for punting on fourth down with the game on the line that is just saying here you go you win fire him too soft.

What?!? Pagano went for it on multiple fourth downs! You're going to call for him to be fired for punting on some fourth downs? Have some faith in our defense! They played outstanding in the second half!

All in all, I think you have to feel good about our defense after the 2nd half. They're a young group missing their best player and they played tough on the road against the best QB in football. I think there were a lot of encouraging things on the field tonight. Let's hope the 2nd half Colts and the 1st half Eagles show up to Lucas Oil next Monday.

Corners good and safety bad, but they improved at the end.

Quick Pros and Cons

Cons:

1. Those Missed Opportunites- Chuck said it best, You don't have to really do the math to know it could have been a different ball game.

2. Penalties- You're gonna have these games, but we have a few come at terrible times.

3. Pass Rush- They turned up the heat a bit in the second half, but there's definitely something to be desired here...

4. Running Game- It's not a shocker or anything, but our rush attack isn't anything we can lean on. At least not yet.

Pro:

1. The Passing Game- We all know the weapons, and with the exception of Fleener (who will certainly bounce back) we looked good.

2. Turn Over Potential- I know this is maybe reaching a bit, but we a few near inceptions and forced fumbles, given some time against a less refined QB, and I think we'll see us come up with those plays more often.

3. Run Defense- I thought we looked pretty stout.  

4. Confidence- Once again this team looked almost cool, calm, and collected as we made our comeback

Overall, there's still lots of room for optimism, but the catch is we have to go right up against another high powered offense next week. Hopefully we can clean some things up in time, I don't know if my heart can take another close game like that so soon. Can't wait for the rest of the season.

He only threw that much tonight cause we were behind the whole game gotta play catch up cant run it much or you screw yourself out of time.

In the last two years,  we've played from behind roughly a dozen times and in exactly NONE of those games have the Colts ever ran the ball 14 times and passed the ball 53 times.

The reason we passed 53 times and ran only 14 times is not just about the score.    The offensive line isn't ready to run block yet.  It's not.    If it was,  we'd be running more.     You may run less when you're behind,  but you still run.    14 runs is not normal.

The o-line is a work in progress.    And it's not where we want it to be yet......

Hopefully it will be soon.....

In the last two years,  we've played from behind roughly a dozen times and in exactly NONE of those games have the Colts ever ran the ball 14 times and passed the ball 53 times.

The reason we passed 53 times and ran only 14 times is not just about the score.    The offensive line isn't ready to run block yet.  It's not.    If it was,  we'd be running more.     You may run less when you're behind,  but you still run.    14 runs is not normal.

The o-line is a work in progress.    And it's not where we want it to be yet......

No. The lack of runs very much has to do with playing from behind... and the backs were catching passes especially Bradshaw who had 70 yards. Running the ball would have just run down the clock giving us no chance in the end. 

No Mathis

Among the highest in the league with players to IR

Late o-line shuffling

2 of our top 4 WR targets from last year coming back from surgery

On the road against a team from last years SB

In high altitude

Aqainst Marshall Mannings dad

........and........

We miss a TD by 6 inches late in the game

Luck had 2 picks from deflected passes

Coby forgot for a game how to come back for the ball and grab it

Yet we still nearly tied the game.........and we shut PM down defensively for the second half.

Sure, we have issues......but our ceiling could go scary high. I'm proud of the team, and I hope they move on and get some good practices in next week.

No Mathis

Late o-line shuffling

In high altitude

........and........

Yet we still nearly tied the game.........and we shut PM down defensively for the second half.

Sure, we have issues......but our ceiling could go scary high. I'm proud of the team, and I hope they move on and get some good practices in next week.

Well said Warhorse.we lost but I saw alot of positives after we fell behind and came back.

I am proud of the way the team fought back, and the ball just didn't bounce our way tonight (literally).

I will say though that I hope they get a lot of red zone and goal-to-go offensive work in during practice this week. Execution in the red zone was poor tonight.

No Mathis

Late o-line shuffling

In high altitude

........and........

Nicely put

I just wish they could get off to better possessions the first few times. Philly is next so it does not get much easier. When I saw 17-0 Jacksonville yesterday I thought theior rookie QB was playing but it turns out the reg. was playing and Philly came back to take it. It will be in our house so get those vocal chords ready.

Agreed.  The middle of the OL is still a problem.  Mewhort should eventually figure it out as a rookie but he's a rookie.  Thornton didt look like he has improved all that much in Year 2 - he's just inconsistent.  AQ is a re-tread at Center.  But falling behind Peyton early does that to a team too.  I felt panicked too watching Peyton exploit the Colts coverage on Julius Thomas in the 1st half. 

Everything Will Be Okay

Great Job Mods

Thanks for that

Two things that people need to remember

(1) do not create duplicate game day threads

(2) do not post messages to moderation or complain about moderation in the forums.

I'm more than a little irritated at the treatment out volunteers got from a few members last night

It's no pic nic keeping the boards organized when we have a game like this and there are always a few people who decide to make it worse.

I like what I saw out of the young rookie kerr he will be a monster when he catches up to speed of the gamw