Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wes Welker suspended 4 games (merge)

amfootball

Wrong again. I never dogged Mankins. You may have me confused with Virludant. And you should check my posts as I posted repeatedly that I wanted Talib back with the Pats and was upset when he left at the Pats UNTIL they signed Revis. Who is better.

to refresh your memory, here is one recent quote from you...   I am not wasting time searching for any others...

I am guessing Talib is the next to fall. He had a history of off-field stuff with Tampa. He was great here in NE but all bets off now that he is with Denver ...

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to refresh your memory, here is one recent quote from you...   I am not wasting time searching for any others...

I am guessing Talib is the next to fall. He had a history of off-field stuff with Tampa. He was great here in NE but all bets off now that he is with Denver ...

How is that dogging him? Look at Denver right now. Kicker suspended on DUI, Welker suspended on Amphs, execs on DUI. It is a royal mess. Talib has a history of issues off the field. He would be my guess along with Miller as well. Although Miller hopefully has learned from last year.

Wrong again. I never dogged Mankins. You may have me confused with Virludant. And you should check my posts as I posted repeatedly that I wanted Talib back with the Pats and was upset when he left at the Pats UNTIL they signed Revis. Who is better.

Then when he signed with new england you posted several times about how he is soft and injury prone

Then when he signed with new england you posted several times about how he is soft and injury prone

He is soft and injure prone. I said that right AFTER the AFCCG last year when he did not come back on the field after the Welker hit. I still wanted him back but not at the contract Denver gave him given his injury history AND that fact that the pats got Revis.

He is soft and injure prone. I said that right AFTER the AFCCG last year when he did not come back on the field after the Welker hit. I still wanted him back but not at the contract Denver gave him given his injury history AND that fact that the pats got Revis.

before he signed with Denver you were trying to convince Dustin talib was a top three corner. He signs with Denver, he is soft and injury prone. You are so transparent it's funny

before he signed with Denver you were trying to convince Dustin talib was a top three corner. He signs with Denver, he is soft and injury prone. You are so transparent it's funny

He was top three before he injured his hip in week 6. That is the issue with him. He can't stay healthy.

And are you really talking to me about being transparent?

Wes Welker on his suspension...

"I'm as shocked as everyone at todays news," Welker said in an e-mail to The Denver Post. "I want to make one thing abundantly clear: I would NEVER knowingly take a substance to gain a competitive advantage in any way. ... I have never been concerned with the leagues performance enhancing or drug abuse policies because under no scenario would they ever apply to me, but I now know, that (drug-policy procedures) are clearly flawed, and I will do everything in my power to ensure they are corrected, so other individuals and teams aren't negatively affected so rashly like this."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2014/09/02/wes-welker-suspended-four-games-amphetamine-denver/14992795/

Bill got it right but I am not surprised. A 32 year old receiver with the amount of wear and tear was bound to come down. He had a nice first half of the season last year and then was not as productive due to the concussions. I really don't understand the drug suspension at all.

you may want to check those second half stats again

D Thomas      vs        Vonte       PUSH

Sandes          vs         Toler       W

?                    vs          Darius   W

J Thomas       vs          Freeman   Push....

JMO...  hehehehee

Put a rush on Manning up the gut consistently....     Indy will romp this team.    Don't push him off his spot and we all know what will happen.

He will probably be covering Caldwell, who is a decent receiver.

Wes Welker on his suspension...

"I'm as shocked as everyone at todays news," Welker said in an e-mail to The Denver Post. "I want to make one thing abundantly clear: I would NEVER knowingly take a substance to gain a competitive advantage in any way. ... I have never been concerned with the leagues performance enhancing or drug abuse policies because under no scenario would they ever apply to me, but I now know, that (drug-policy procedures) are clearly flawed, and I will do everything in my power to ensure they are corrected, so other individuals and teams aren't negatively affected so rashly like this."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2014/09/02/wes-welker-suspended-four-games-amphetamine-denver/14992795/

Mile High? you bet. How does this shed light on the Hernandez murder investigation? It makes perfect sense, see?

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/articles/arts/tv_club/features/2013/breaking_bad_final_season/130927_TVC_BB_WaltWhileHat.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

I make my stances and stick by them. I don't change my mind once a player no longer plays here

I have never changed my stance on Welker. I though he made a mistake not staying in NE. He was great when he was a Patriot, best slot receiver in the game but I thought he should of stayed for the myriad of reasons discussed last off-season. And I always defended Kraft and Bill on their dealings with Welker while they took a beating in the media for not resigning him. And as it turns out, they were right.

Are you responding to my posts to mock me and be facetious?  I'm not starting a flame war, just offering my take on this and I posted an actual quote of Welker's above to give his side of the story.  It's almost as if you're extremely defensive of any news or opinions critical of Wes.

I am just having fun, no offense intended. I believe Wes is possibly a real criminal mastermind, really.

Are you responding to my posts to mock me and be facetious?  I'm not starting a flame war, just offering my take on this and I posted an actual quote of Welker's above to give his side of the story.  It's almost as if you're extremely defensive of any news or opinions critical of Wes.

D Thomas vs Vonte PUSH

Sandes vs Toler W

? vs Darius W

J Thomas vs Freeman Push....

JMO... hehehehee

Put a rush on Manning up the gut consistently.... Indy will romp this team. Don't push him off his spot and we all know what will happen.

Vontae had his highest PFF grade of the season vs Denver last year

So, put a W next to the matchup vs Thomas

Nothing wrong with criticizing former players who left your team.  Many fans take it personal when a player leaves their team especially for a rival team.

Good point. And the Welker situation was particularly volatile with the way it ended. I always felt he would have been better off in NE just for the simple fact that he was so successful there and knew Brady so well. It is not easy to go to a new team at 32 and then have to learn a new system and a new QB. 

Am, I'm starting to think Welker leaving was personal. Was another topic really necessary?

We get you think letting Welker go was the right thing. Brady didn't, Manning and the Broncos didn't. You know the people who Welker actually directly affect.

We get you think Bill and his moves are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Guess what, Bill as the GM = 0 Championships.

The problem with the "Bill was right" angle here is that the Patriots tried to resign Welker. I would agree with the statement if they let him walk and made no effort to sign him whatsoever, but their offer apparently had the potential to exceed Denver's (granted, with specific incentives that would have protected the team a little). Kraft stated they wanted him back as well.

I think the main reason he wasn't resigned is that Belichick has always had a little disdain for him, to be honest. There was the whole "good foot soldiers" press conference before the playoff game against the Jets. A couple of years ago after having 13-catch game, Welker said, "It's good to stick it in Bill's face once in a while."

(http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/08/welker-jokes-abou-13-catches-nice-to-stick-it-in-bills-face/)

I think Welker has a bit of a "class clown" in him that Belichick really never embraced. I think Bill thinks Wes is just a little wise-guy. He put up with it because of the production, and it wasn't like Welker was getting arrested and being a thug, but I'm not sure that he was ever one of Belichick's favorite players.

Am, I'm starting to think Welker leaving was personal. Was another topic really necessary?

We get you think letting Welker go was the right thing. Brady didn't, Manning and the Broncos didn't. You know the people who Welker actually directly affect.

We get you think Bill and his moves are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Guess what, Bill as the GM = 0 Championships.

Not accurate FX. Bill has been the head coach/GM since day one. Scott Pioli was not the GM. Belichick has had final say on all football matters (including personnel) since coming to NE. 

But I do think you're absolutely right about it being "personal." Great observation.

The problem with the "Bill was right" angle here is that the Patriots tried to resign Welker. I would agree with the statement if they let him walk and made no effort to sign him whatsoever, but their offer apparently had the potential to exceed Denver's (granted, with specific incentives that would have protected the team a little). Kraft stated they wanted him back as well.

I think the main reason he wasn't resigned is that Belichick has always had a little disdain for him, to be honest. There was the whole "good foot soldiers" press conference before the playoff game against the Jets. A couple of years ago after having 13-catch game, Welker said, "It's good to stick it in Bill's face once in a while."

(http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/08/welker-jokes-abou-13-catches-nice-to-stick-it-in-bills-face/)

I think Welker has a bit of a "class clown" in him that Belichick really never embraced. I think Bill thinks Wes is just a little wise-guy. He put up with it because of the production, and it wasn't like Welker was getting arrested and being a thug, but I'm not sure that he was ever one of Belichick's favorite players.

Good points. My statement about the Pats being right had to do more with the flak that they took in the media for not "doing more" to resign Welker. One writer said they should have paid him $8mil a year over four years or something ridiculous like that. I can't remember a bigger media fallout over a player other than Bledsoe. I do think Kraft was genuinely hurt and disappointed that Welker did not resign. As you said, he was extremely productive with the Pats and they had franchised the year before. I think had he signed with the Broncos for more than one mil more a year then it would not have gotten as heated on the way out. It was clear Wes was leaving for any team with an offer that was even a little better and it also make it look like the Pats low balled them when in fact they had not.

Good points. My statement about the Pats being right had to do more with the flak that they took in the media for not "doing more" to resign Welker. One writer said they should have paid him $8mil a year over four years or something ridiculous like that. I can't remember a bigger media fallout over a player other than Bledsoe. I do think Kraft was genuinely hurt and disappointed that Welker did not resign. As you said, he was extremely productive with the Pats and they had franchised the year before. I think had he signed with the Broncos for more than one mil more a year then it would not have gotten as heated on the way out. It was clear Wes was leaving for any team with an offer that was even a little better and it also make it look like the Pats low balled them when in fact they had not. So my point was more on how the Pats were right about his worth for the next two years.

Agreed. I would think some of the incentives were tied to playing time, etc. As well as production. 

Not accurate FX. Bill has been the head coach/GM since day one. Scott Pioli was not the GM. Belichick has had final say on all football matters (including personnel) since coming to NE.

But I do think you're absolutely right about it being "personal." Great observation.

I meant more of the lone wolf, all by himself decisions. Pioli obviously provided some type of insight to personnel decisions. He did have a job, lol. Maybe was even able to persuade Bill in signing/taking someone he didn't want and turned out great.

I would guess Harrison was one of them. He isn't a typical Bill guy.

Thank you for being the voice of reason here.  The Pats wanted him back but at their price and terms so AM's Bill was right claim is just nonsense. 

I meant more of the lone wolf, all by himself decisions. Pioli obviously provided some type of insight to personnel decisions. He did have a job, lol. Maybe was even able to persuade Bill in signing/taking someone he didn't want and turned out great.

I wrong guess Harrison was one of them. He isn't a typical Bill guy.

For sure on the insight/committee-type decisions. Belichick has guys (Ernie Adams, Mike Lombardi) who are in mysterious sort of "adviser" roles. In addition to the scouts of course. 

Only jumped on your earlier post as a point-of-correction. The Patriots haven't "officially" had a GM since before BB arrived. 

Bill could not have been anymore right about Wes Welker. The wheels have come off. His durability that was his hallmark is gone and now suspension for amphetamines. Welker said he was happy to go to Denver so he could be "more himself." Well, here it is. Suspended for four games. He will forfeit his pay for those four games and Denver could also ask for some of his $7mil signing bonus as well. When all is said and done, he may make less then what NE offered him.

Well I mean com'on, if he were in NE and got busted for the same thing, he'd make less than he would have made if busted under his contract with Denver.  Don't really think it's safe to assume that he wouldn't have been caught for anything while at NE - it doesn't make any sense to me at all why he would use Molly in Den and not in NE.

Well I mean com'on, if he were in NE and got busted for the same thing, he'd make less than he would have made if busted under his contract with Denver.  Don't really think it's safe to assume that he wouldn't have been caught for anything while at NE - it doesn't make any sense to me at all why he would use Molly in Den and not in NE.

Fair points but I think the drug use had to do with the concussions which I don't believe he would have sustained in NE.