Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wes Welker suspended 4 games (merge)

amfootball

Seriously, Welker should be banned. Three concussions already and the season has not started. If the league will ban for life any player convicted of spouasal assault twice then "self assault" should also be grounds for banishment. You know what the future may hold for Welker and it is not pretty.

^^^Seriously^^^ really?

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, Welker should be banned. Three concussions already and the season has not started. If the league will ban for life any player convicted of spouasal assault twice then "self assault" should also be grounds for banishment. You know what the future may hold for Welker and it is not pretty.

why-cant-i-hold-all-these-wats.jpg?resiz

Sounds like a PED suspension not street drugs amphetamines were the thing in baseball improved concentration and energy

As much as NE fans want to believe I really doubt he got caught the first time he used

I think it is pretty obvious he was using this past season because of the concussions. Doubtful he used in NE.

Source: Welker took Molly at the Kentucky Derby. It had been cut with amphetamines. Same situation as Orlando Scandrick.

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk)

September 2, 2014

WELP RT @erikmal: I get it now. pic.twitter.com/BjhzSSGvqy

— Zach Harper (@talkhoops)

September 2, 2014

Somewhere Trinidad James is smirking. 

definitely might explain...

What are those exactly? I know meth, but is it a PED or something? And he may have been out 2 of those anyway with his injury.

PED = Performance enhancing drug.  Can be almost anything that gives an athlete a competitive edge.  Even if you have a doctor's prescription to an anxiety or depression drug.  If it's on the league's banned substance list you can't take it.

If you have a doctor's prescription for a drug you need to check with the league first before taking it.

I'm waiting for them to ban caffeine and creatine next.

A benefit is increased alertness. After two concussions, makes sense to need to clear his head.

I think his head was pretty clear by may. Also, the word is he took it at the Kentucky derby. Well after the season. Not to mention I've never heard of using amphetamines as a concussion relief remedy

I think his head was pretty clear iby may. Also, the word is he took it at the Kentucky derby. Well after the season. Not to mention I've never heard of using amphetamines as a concussion relief remedy

His failed test was in May. He may have been taking it after the second concussion. Who knows. Just a thought. I am so glad the Pats moved on from him when they did and did not pay him the money he wanted. Denver is paying him $8mil this year and he will not take the field until week 5.

His failed test was in May. He may have been taking it after the second concussion. Who knows. Just a thought. I am so glad the Pats moved on from him when they did and did not pay him the money he wanted. Denver is paying him $8mil this year and he will not take the field until week 5.

Amphetamines don't stay in your system for five months. This had nothing to do with concussions

Also, they don't have to pay him when he is suspended. If he would have missed time due to concussions, they would have.