Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wes Welker suspended 4 games (merge)

amfootball

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11455813/wes-welker-denver-broncos-suspended-four-games-use-amphetamines

He's fighting a PED suspension right now. Evidently the appeals process isn't complete, but the hearing was two weeks ago. If the decision is made this week, he obviously won't play. Oddly, it's good timing for him, with everyone worried about his concussion history. An extra four weeks without contact is a good thing.

What on earth does he needs to take amphetamines for?

I mean there is a lot of reason to take amphetamines one main reasons that I know about is for ADD or ADHD I think hes more in the position Mathis is in wasn't taking them to do any harm just didn't contact the NFLPA to see if he was allowed to take them. I guess not.

Well whether the 4th is Lattimer whatever his name is or Caldwell, Gordy will cover whoever is #4 and then eeven then that's not a guarantee. We're gonna go heavy with the DB's come Sunday so anyone could be covering anyone

well we all know davis will be on thomas

The Broncos are classy. Nothing but class.

(sorry I had to)

But this helps us!!!! And no Decker from last year. Sure wish Mathis was here though to chase Peyton around all night.....

if you consider this unclassy, then i guess there aren't any classy teams in the league

if you consider this unclassy, then i guess there aren't any classy teams in the league

I agree. A group of sweating macho men all on various substances with millions of dollars floating around every team complex.

Can't imagine it is choir boy central!!!!

The Broncos are classy. Nothing but class.

(sorry I had to)

But this helps us!!!! And no Decker from last year. Sure wish Mathis was here though to chase Peyton around all night.....

Come on Jules. We have a guy suspended for PEDs (I know we all want to believe it was for a baby but it was suspicious) and a wife beater who's a jerk on the field too

Well whether the 4th is Lattimer whatever his name is or Caldwell, Gordy will cover whoever is #4 and then eeven then that's not a guarantee. We're gonna go heavy with the DB's come Sunday so anyone could be covering anyone

Prior to the suspension, Welker was #3, Caldwell was #4, and Lattimer was #5 at Wr. Peyton will go with Caldwell over Lattimer because he is more comfortable with him. I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 or 4 snaps with Lattimer in the game, but more than that will be a shocker. Tamme and Caldwell will replace welker. When welker went down last year, decker ended up with the most catches, so i think we'll also see a lot of looks Sanders way.

I think his head was pretty clear by may. Also, the word is he took it at the Kentucky derby. Well after the season. Not to mention I've never heard of using amphetamines as a concussion relief remedy

Some types actually are concussion related drugs....very much so

....the real issue here is that he continues to have medical problems...

......not a good sign for his future

My guess is either they put Latimer on the outside with Thomas and move Sanders to the slot or they start Caldwell in the slot.

They can go there or they can used Jacob Tamme in the slot..

He's slow but he has reliable hands..

They do want to get Cody Latimer in the game...they think he's big time

Right On....  where you been hiding?      

Kickoff is near....       Yipppfee.ee..e.e

I am actually a little concerned about the Denver game.      But Welker gone ...   ILUV>>>>>>

No Welker and no Decker from last years game. But, we have no Mathis.

We needed a break.

LETS DESTROY

Some types actually are concussion related drugs....very much so

....the real issue here is that he continues to have medical problems...

......not a good sign for his future

Really? Please tell me what amphetamines have conclusive post concussion therapy success? Also, he failed the test in may, not December.

@MikeKlis: Broncos believe Wes Welker is playing Sunday vs. Colts. Suspensions never announced this late in week. Game plan in place.

Don't understand how he can play, I mean Irsay's suspension starts tomorrow so why not Welker's?

Yeah I'm not sure how that works out! If he gets to play this week I think something fishy is going on...

Db's getting flagged for touching WR's

Letting Welker go ahead and play even though he lost his appeal a little while back.

Sounds like the NFL wants the Broncos to win the big one this year! ;) but seriously...

@MikeKlis: Broncos believe Wes Welker is playing Sunday vs. Colts. Suspensions never announced this late in week. Game plan in place.

Don't understand how he can play, I mean Irsay's suspension starts tomorrow so why not Welker's?

Aldon Smith played in a game last season too after getting busted for drunk driving if I'm not mistaken.

D Thomas      vs        Vonte       PUSH

Sandes          vs         Toler       W

?                    vs          Darius   W

J Thomas       vs          Freeman   Push....

JMO...  hehehehee

Put a rush on Manning up the gut consistently....     Indy will romp this team.    Don't push him off his spot and we all know what will happen.

Now who is Butler going to make disappear?

Right On....  where you been hiding?      

Kickoff is near....       Yipppfee.ee..e.e

I am actually a little concerned about the Denver game.      But Welker gone ...   ILUV>>>>>>

I have been lingering around, mostly in NFL general in the offseason.

But, yeah I am a tad concerned too but the pressure is more on Denver at home anyway IMO. Not many are expecting us to win this game......

I have been lingering around, mostly in NFL general in the offseason.

But, yeah I am a tad concerned too but the pressure is more on Denver at home anyway IMO. Not many are expecting us to win this game......

Yeah, we seemed to play much better last year when we weren't expected to win.

@MikeKlis: The four-game Welker is official. It starts week 1. Team did discuss timing with league. Team will send out press release shortly.

@AlbertBreer: The letter on the Welker suspension was on the books at 6 pm ET tonight. Parties informed shortly before that appeal failed. No gray area.