Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Painter Out As Starter......orlovsky In?

PreManningColtsFan

Does it really matter at this point? I mean, Orlovsky may be slightly better, but this team is still no good and we are still only going to win 1-2 games this season, so who cares who our QB is?

The irony is, like Painter, I am pretty sure that Orlovsky is winless as a starter in his career. He was a critical component of the Lion's NFL record winless season and he now has the opportunity to start for another winless team. By default, should he start for the Colts and we never win a game this year, Orlovsky will be the only player in NFL history to start for 2 nfl teams that finished the season winless. That is why it matters chief. Beyond that, you ask a good question.

I'd be happier if they had a better replacement, but anytime you can remove the one of the worst QB's in the league that's not a bad thing.

Not sure Orlovsky is an upgrade. Any qb can look good in trash time in a game that is statistically over (see last drive of the Jags game). If you look at the Colts offensive performance in all of our blowout losses (Houston / Saints / Jags / etc), we have managed to score meaningless points in the bottom half of the 4th qtr. We really need the Panthers to beat us and I would like to see the Vikings eek out a win in the next 6 weeks so we can wrap up the #1 pick.

Who knows what Irsay is tweeting about but if this does mean a qb change its nothing to sing about.

Painter is horrible and has been regressing for weeks to the point that he can barely lead us to a first down much less put up points. Putting in Orlovsky is just substituting one awful quarterback in for another. We will just have a different person to yell at during the games.

Who knows what Irsay is tweeting about but if this does mean a qb change its nothing to sing about.

Painter is horrible and has been regressing for weeks to the point that he can barely lead us to a first down much less put up points. Putting in Orlovsky is just substituting one awful quarterback in for another. We will just have a different person to yell at during the games.

Probably right..Coltsman..

If you're not longer trying to win..stick with Curtis...

I think they dont want to give up on the last 6 games...

...let them battel fort what now figures to be the No.3 role on the 2012 team..

We're going to (I assume) start carrying 3 QBs

I wouldn't read too much into his tweet. Those are lyrics from a song by David Bowie.

And, we all know how he likes to tweet song lyrics.

I didn't know those were lyrics to a Bowie song which makes it even better as the "cryptic" component is even further at play. Classic double meaning / cryptic tweet by Mr. Irsay. No question, with his tweets, aside from maybe Jerry Jones, I think he is becoming the most popular owner in the nfl. This double meaning tweet solidifies it for me. Orlovsky is the week 12 starter against the 2-8 Panthers. Lookout Indy......get ready for a mobile and dangerous qb in Newton and a deep threat receiver in Smith. Colts can't keep them under 20 points which equals 0-11 for the hapless Colts.

I didn't know those were lyrics to a Bowie song which makes it even better as the "cryptic" component is even further at play. Classic double meaning / cryptic tweet by Mr. Irsay. No question, with his tweets, aside from maybe Jerry Jones, I think he is becoming the most popular owner in the nfl. This double meaning tweet solidifies it for me. Orlovsky is the week 12 starter against the 2-8 Panthers. Lookout Indy......get ready for a mobile and dangerous qb in Newton and a deep threat receiver in Smith. Colts can't keep them under 20 points which equals 0-11 for the hapless Colts.

I think that you are reading way too much into this tweet. That would really be ridiculous if Irsay chose to announce his intentions via Twitter in such a fashion. The tweet is just another instance of him posting song lyrics. That's all. It is not football related in any way.

Tweeted by Irsay today. I would bet the change he's referring to is Painter getting benched in favor of Orlovsky.

2011_irsaytwitter_13_normal.jpg

Jim Irsay

Cha cha cha changes...look out,you rock n rollers!

How in the world did you turn tweeted song lyrics into a definitive statement "Painter Out As Starter" ??????

Assuming that Irsay is referring to Colts' changes, switching our 2 dismal in-house QBs would have to be almost the most uninteresting change imaginable.....

How in the world did you turn tweeted song lyrics into a statement "Painter Out As Starter" ??????

I may be mistaken, but I believe the lyrics are "Cha Cha Cha Changes. Time to make a change". He says the first part and then says to be ready. Second, he is always crypting lyrics with football. He may have zero intent for this to have anything related to football. However, this tweet is very synonimous with several of his tweets that are related to football where you're left wondering what he is really saying. Regardless of this tweet, there is a very real and likely possibility that Orlovsky starts next Sunday. In the event he does, one could take his tweet to mean more than just a quote from a song. I am not a "tweeter", but I do follow his tweets. If he's proven anything, IMO, he seems to code a lot of his tweets related to the Colts team and as a result, he has people like me following him. In several cases, it can be argued either way that it's just coincidence, has nothing to do with the colts and is just lyrics, or that it's code for some changes coming. Perhaps I am reading too much into this b/c I am about to finish another Tom Clancy novel. Anyway, my position on this tweet is that it's not just lyrics, he's saying changes are coming and I think he's referring precisely to the qb position and that Orlvosky will be starting. JMO bro.

I love how everyone here blasted me when I said Painter was going to be awful.

"He knows the system!"

"He's had a couple of good drives!"

"Why are you so hard on Painter?"

"The offense is fired up with him out there!"

And so on.

Here we are, and now everyone's acting as if they knew it all along.

"He knows the system!"

And so on.

Good for you, want a cookie.

Good for you, want a cookie.

Oh, that's right. You were one of the ones who thought Painter would do decently for us. Feel a little bitter?

And yes, I'd like my cookie. I'm frequently right when you are wrong, so it's time you pay me what's owed.

Yea, no. We need to lose. at least 5 more games.

Why?

Oh, that's right. You were one of the ones who thought Painter would do decently for us. Feel a little bitter?

And yes, I'd like my cookie. I'm frequently right when you are wrong, so it's time you pay me what's owed.

Painter did do well for us for 2 games, and you said he was bad when he was performing well, so I sticked up for him. He had a couple of good games; now he's not performing well and it's time for a change.

Now, you don't have to be a * about it. Tell me when you're right when I'm wrong, cause this seems to be the only time where you're right and I'm wrong. Do you know how many times I'm right, quite a bit, but I don't say stuff like this. I did once and I learnt my lesson. Dont be immature.

Either Orlovsky will have the dubious distinction of leading a second team to 0-16 or will fight mighty hard to escape that distinction and prevent that from happening.

I'd say, go for it, I mean Orlovsky, not 0-16 :). 1 win is all I care about.

I think a deal will be made with Jack Del Rio if we are 0-15 going into the last game so that he can be our new defensive co-ordinator if he gets fired but lets us win that game by sabotaging their play calling which is MJD run, MJD run, MJD run (j/k) :).

Compared to the majority of you, I know very little about football. But, I have read enough threads to know that some of you thought that Collins would be the answer. He wasn't.

Then, Painter showed some promise in a few games. And, some thought that he was the answer. He wasn't.

Now, some think that Orlovsky is the answer. I doubt it, but I may be wrong.

The one thing I do know is that this should not be a contest between the fans over who is right and who is wrong.

As Colt's fans, we all want the same thing . . . a winning season and at least the hope that the Colts have a chance to be in the SB.

That winning season and hope has been dashed, stomped upon, and thrown in the trash.

We are all hurting. But, I see no need to fight over who is right and who is wrong. What purpose does it serve? It won't change the Colt's record. It will still be 0-10.

We are all in the same boat. Rather than fighting with one another, is it possible that we can all just have a group hug :grouphug: ?

I sure hope so. Because, I don't care who is right and who is wrong. All I care about is the Colts and their fans and I hate to see this season tearing us apart.

I don't know why everyone is putting the blame on Painter. The team is overall horrible in general, it's kind of hard for a bad QB to do anything when the special team sucks. The defense is pitiful as usual, almost dead last in terms of rush D. It's not like throwing in a new QB is going to miraculously fix this team. They're are bad on all fronts except for, wait for it.... wait for it.... kicking! ding ding ding ding..

"He knows the system!"

And so on.

Ya but you also think Caldwell is doing a good job, so 1 out of 2 is not bad.

Compared to the majority of you, I know very little about football. But, I have read enough threads to know that some of you thought that Collins would be the answer. He wasn't.

Then, Painter showed some promise in a few games. And, some thought that he was the answer. He wasn't.

Now, some think that Orlovsky is the answer. I doubt it, but I may be wrong.

The one thing I do know is that this should not be a contest between the fans over who is right and who is wrong.

As Colt's fans, we all want the same thing . . . a winning season and at least the hope that the Colts have a chance to be in the SB.

That winning season and hope has been dashed, stomped upon, and thrown in the trash.

We are all hurting. But, I see no need to fight over who is right and who is wrong. What purpose does it serve? It won't change the Colt's record. It will still be 0-10.

We are all in the same boat. Rather than fighting with one another, is it possible that we can all just have a group hug :grouphug: ?

I sure hope so. Because, I don't care who is right and who is wrong. All I care about is the Colts and their fans and I hate to see this season tearing us apart.

I certainly hope you aren't referring to me, but Doogan's quest and Andy246. If you are, I couldn't care less if I'm right or wrong. Unless Irsay comes out and says his tweet specifically was or wasn't directed toward change coming at the starting qb for the Colts, we'll never know for sure. For the record, my thread has nothing to do with being right or wrong. Just simply giving attention to another tweet from Irsay and personally believing that his tweet had a double meaning, as many of his tweets do. Yes, I absolutely want the Colts to win AND get the first pick of the draft. As my name in this forum suggests, I have been an Indy Colts fan since way before Manning ever came to the Colts, so the current state of affairs is more "normal" to me. The last 10 years was like a dream that I wish would have included more super bowl wins, but oh well. Regardless, as much as it drives me nuts, I like what Irsay does on Twitter. If for no other reason, look at this forum and this thread. It has all of us passionate Colts fans talking about it. Orlovsky, Painter, Collins............whoever. Somebody come in the game and make it a game and score some points. Lord help our Colts!

I certainly hope you aren't referring to me, but Doogan's quest and Andy246. If you are, I couldn't care less if I'm right or wrong. Unless Irsay comes out and says his tweet specifically was or wasn't directed toward change coming at the starting qb for the Colts, we'll never know for sure. For the record, my thread has nothing to do with being right or wrong. Just simply giving attention to another tweet from Irsay and personally believing that his tweet had a double meaning, as many of his tweets do. Yes, I absolutely want the Colts to win AND get the first pick of the draft. As my name in this forum suggests, I have been an Indy Colts fan since way before Manning ever came to the Colts, so the current state of affairs is more "normal" to me. The last 10 years was like a dream that I wish would have included more super bowl wins, but oh well. Regardless, as much as it drives me nuts, I like what Irsay does on Twitter. If for no other reason, look at this forum and this thread. It has all of us passionate Colts fans talking about it. Orlovsky, Painter, Collins............whoever. Somebody come in the game and make it a game and score some points. Lord help our Colts!

Nope, not directed at you whatsoever. Sorry if I gave you that impression.

"He knows the system!"

And so on.

Mod Edit: Inflammatory Post

Seriously, who possibly could have predicted Painter would suck? You must be Nostradamus.

Seriously, who possibly could have predicted Painter would suck? You must be Nostradamus.

Anyone who watched preseason a year ago when Peyton was coming off knee surgery. There was a large contingency that was saying "hope manning never gets hurt cuz that guy is awful".

NOOO We NEED Painter to start! How else will we guarantee a loss?

Miami won again so I think we can win one and still be safe ;)