Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1070 The Fan Says Rogers being traded [Edit: false rumor]

For an UDFA guy who was UDFA due to off field issues, I will be glad if we get anything other than a 7th round pick.

The 5th rounder is only possible because the Browns will be a desperate team. I don't think we need Da'Rick Rogers if Moncrief comes along well, which I am sure he will.

There are not enough targets to go around amongst our 2 TEs/5/6 WRs when healthy, so trading Rogers will not break our back, offensively, IMO.

I mean I'm not saying it's devastating to the team or anything! I understand that we should be okay without him but the Colts late round picks just haven't done anything. There is that chance for a great pick at 5 or after but the Colts havnt been very good with those picks! They have been great with 1-4 though if they have them! I just would want more because whoever the opposite team would be surely needs them!

ALSO I DONT WANT THE BROWNS TO WIN ANOTHER TRADE WITH THE COLTS!!

T-Rich trade is leaning heavilyyyyy in their favor at this point! haha

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This entire argument you just laid out completely ignores your original point that I responded to.

Somehow, you think Da'Rick Rogers has the same trade value as Logan Mankins.

They don't.

It's not even close.

It's night and day.

You're free to see it differently.

I have no problem with 6 WR's. I might be the poster who has campaigned for that here the longest and loudest. Most everyone else here is married to carrying 5 WR's. I'm perfectly fine with 6.

And I'm happy to keep DaRick. All I'm saying is he doesn't have the same value as Mankins. That's it.

I've also been for the 6WR! I agree with you that everyone on here really loves the 5wr on the roster for some reason! Ha

All I was saying is that although they did give Mankins away they got a good player in return. Obviously not the same caliber but they did get a good player in wright along with a pick! It was (decently) fair.

Also like I said in my other post! I think I'm just really worried about the Browns winning another trade with us! haha (I still believe in Trich as long as the line does something)

I mean I'm not saying it's devastating to the team or anything! I understand that we should be okay without him but the Colts late round picks just haven't done anything. There is that chance for a great pick at 5 or after but the Colts havnt been very good with those picks! They have been great with 1-4 though if they have them! I just would want more because whoever the opposite team would be surely needs them!

Each trade has its own merit. Patriots established trading partners with the Raiders and got Randy Moss and Richard Seymour. Patriots won on both those deals. Patriots' new dealing partners seem to be the Bucs - got Talib from them but he left for Denver, now they got that 4th rounder and Tim Wright.

The more important thing is that the other team willing to give you a fair deal and is willing to deal. Everyone, including the Colts and Browns know now that the TRich deal was way too much for an RB in the current league. But both teams cannot base their future transactions based on past deals, just negotiate in good faith and make sure both sides are getting a fair share. I am sure the Colts will be careful moving forward, with their trades AND draft picks. Just because Grigson's 5th rounder did not get him something in the past doesn't mean he should package his 5th rounder all the time or refuse another 5th rounder. Past performance does not guarantee future results. :)

Logan Mankins,  who has been to the Pro Bowl for 5 straight years,  just got traded for a 4 and a very good tight end,  Tim Wright.

And now you think Da'Rick Rogers,  who officially has done very very little,  should get the Colts the same deal?    Seriously?

I think you might want to re-think that......................

What is the same? A 4th round pick vs a 5th. Plus with the 4th round pick a very good tight end. It isn't even close to the same.

Grigson was trading for value in the two trades in his tenure so far. He traded for Vontae Davis and Trent Richardson. Both were value trades. Vontae was a late 1st and we traded a late 2nd for him. Trent was the 3rd overall pick and we traded the 26th pick for him. Grigson is trying to do the same here by trading an undrafted guy for a 5th round pick. It's all about value with Grigson, he knows what he's doing, and more times than not, this strategy works out.

What is the same? A 4th round pick vs a 5th. Plus with the 4th round pick a very good tight end. It isn't even close to the same.

I'm not sure we're discussing the same thing?

The poster I was responding to claims Da'Rick Rogers should get the Colts the same deal that Logan Mankins brought the Pats.

A 4 and a quality player.

I don't think that's a reasonable position to hold.

You may disagree.....

Personally, I'd trade him for a 6th...Potential is one thing..living up to it is another. Moncrief is inked in rookie status, I'd pay Nicks if he performs even decently, and of course pay TY. There will always be receivers available via draft, FA, or waivers, that have proven themselves. And also, I will never discount Reggie, until his production starts to wain, or he gets hurt again. As hard he works, and as dedicated and durable as he has been, I can sill see him producing 2-4 more years.

How so?  They got manziel with our pick.  Would rather have TRich than Manziel.

I'm not sure we're discussing the same thing?

The poster I was responding to claims Da'Rick Rogers should get the Colts the same deal that Logan Mankins brought the Pats.

A 4 and a quality player.

I don't think that's a reasonable position to hold.

You may disagree.....

Not reasonable at all but I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

I would trade him for a 2nd for sure.  I would listen to a 3rd as well.  But yeah, think of the future.  A lot of the WRs we have are young, so we could have a really strong WR corps to develop some mean chemistry with Luck for the next few years

True, but he's been good so far.  He hasn't done anything to give the idea that he isn't progressing.  There have been no reports of him being late for practice or meetings, he has stayed out of trouble off the field, he's made some big plays on the field.  It's hard to say from my perspective because I'm not in practices and meetings, but it appears as though he's working hard to develop.  Guys who are 6'3" with good hands, great IQ, and a lot of explosive ability aren't easy to find. 

I completely agree on the bolded. Too bad we don't have anyone like that.

Roger has potential for sure, but I think it's asinine to say he has good hands and great IQ. His hands aren't bad, but I'd describe them as slightly over average, but not by much.

And IQ? I entirely disagree. He seems to have little masking in his body language, seems to give half effort at times when he's not the target, and, to me, doesn't seem to show much nuance in his game. Nothing I've seen says he has a football IQ that says 'great' to me, perhaps not even 'good'.

Rodgers..Perhaps one of starters next year, For a 5th/(future camp fodder) There are a LOT of fake/Browns Colts fans in this forum who think thats fair...Dont believe the hype,    Without Gordon they are PRAYING for a Da'rick for at least a 2nd rd pick!!!  

Hey!  As a guy from norther Ohio, I 100% disagree with that statement!

Boy, did this thread make a wrong turn...

I coudlnt' resist.  Been there once with a group of friends and have a lot of good memories on my trip there.  Funny thing is, the most vivid memory I have was that I ran into the smelliest homeless guy I've ever met.  I guess i'ts true what they say about the sense of smell and memory. 

So I don't understand is it a false rumor that Rogers "IS" getting traded to the Browns???

Or is it a "False" rumor that 1070 reported that Rogers was being traded to the Browns

Or is it "True" that 1070 reported that Rogers was being traded to the Browns but in fact he is not being traded to the Browns???

so confusing...

So it is not true and the Colts are not getting Mack???

what a bummer man...

I completely agree on the bolded. Too bad we don't have anyone like that.

Roger has potential for sure, but I think it's asinine to say he has good hands and great IQ. His hands aren't bad, but I'd describe them as slightly over average, but not by much.

And IQ? I entirely disagree. He seems to have little masking in his body language, seems to give half effort at times when he's not the target, and, to me, doesn't seem to show much nuance in his game. Nothing I've seen says he has a football IQ that says 'great' to me, perhaps not even 'good'.

I haven't noticed him have many drops or trouble with his hands.  With that said, he hasn't had much playing time, so perhaps he has dropped a pass or two and I don't remember it. 

As for his intelligence:

http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/2596/rogers-had-to-learn-from-past-mistakes

The list of receivers Baggett coached during his 35 years in the NFL and college ranks include Randy Moss, Cris Carter and Plaxico Burress. He puts Rogers near the top in terms of intelligence.

"He’s the smartest football player I’ve ever coached besides Cris Carter,” Baggett said. “Cris Carter was the smartest as far as studying and knowing game and understanding the game. If Da’Rick learns to study the game, he’ll be the smartest football player on the Colts.”

Having a WR-QB combo with great physical talents and very high football IQ gets me really excited.  If Rogers can continue to develop, I think he has the potential to be one of the best WRs in the league.  He reminds me a lot of a poor man's Dez Bryant in a lot of ways.

So I don't understand is it a false rumor that Rogers "IS" getting traded to the Browns???

Or is it a "False" rumor that 1070 reported that Rogers was being traded to the Browns

Or is it "True" that 1070 reported that Rogers was being traded to the Browns but in fact he is not being traded to the Browns???

so confusing...

So it is not true and the Colts are not getting Mack???

what a bummer man...

It is a false rumor that is DR is being traded

How so? They got manziel with our pick. Would rather have TRich than Manziel.

Well we could have had a 1st round pick who maybe could have helped the team more than T Rich has so far. I like T Rich don't get me wrong!

But Manziel (if he gets playing time) will help his team more ON the field than T Rich has helped the Colts so far...

All of this depends on a lot of factors though.

Well we could have had a 1st round pick who maybe could have helped the team more than T Rich has so far. I like T Rich don't get me wrong!

But Manziel (if he gets playing time) will help his team more ON the field than T Rich has helped the Colts so far...

I see manziel right now being a liability right now for the browns.  And who knows who we would have had gotten in the first round and if they would have even played this year.  The factors.  So i am just going on off of who the browns got with our pick and who we got with that pick we traded to them.

Manziel is more likely to help his opponents than he is to help his team