Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts To The Pro Bowl ?

chad hugo

I doubt Angerer gets the nod, too early in his career. Does it again next season and maybe. Bethea won't get it either unless as an alternate just with the other big names in the AFC, even if they are no better. Being a homer of the team and not looking any stats up, Patty Mac should get the nod as a punter. Not one other person on this team has warranted the honor of a paid party after the season IMO.

Only person I really think deserves to go is our MVP Pat McAfee.

Bethea has been up and down. Angerer has been good, but not at a Pro Bowl level. Frathis has been pretty much nonexistent this year. Nobody on the offensive side of the ball has done anything.

Only reason a Colt player will make the Pro Bowl this year is on name alone.

I doubt Angerer gets the nod, too early in his career. Does it again next season and maybe. Bethea won't get it either unless as an alternate just with the other big names in the AFC, even if they are no better. Being a homer of the team and not looking any stats up, Patty Mac should get the nod as a punter. Not one other person on this team has warranted the honor of a paid party after the season IMO.

What does the stage of his career have to do with getting the votes? The Pro Bowl is based on a players' productivity for this season. Rookies and 15 year veterans have made Pro Bowls despite the productivity that precedes or follows said vote. It's a season to season thing.

What is with Freeney? Is he done?

nope, its just that opposing teams have figured out our defensive schemes, like it wasn't easy... They know outside of freeney and mathis, we don't have anyone else that can rush the QB so they double team both using tight ends. That will soon change once Nevis gets some experience and becomes a beast next year!

I don't think anyone will go although Freeney and Mathis will get votes based on their reputation.

McAfee is playing well but he is only the 6th best AFC punter statistically. Lechler has that position locked up.

Angerer has a lot of tackles but he will have real trouble getting past guys like Ray Lewis because he is not well known, the defense is horrible, and his pass coverage isn't very good.

nope, its just that opposing teams have figured out our defensive schemes, like it wasn't easy... They know outside of freeney and mathis, we don't have anyone else that can rush the QB so they double team both using tight ends. That will soon change once Nevis gets some experience and becomes a beast next year!

We don't have good enough corners that's a bigger problem than the system. The Bears play a cover-2 defense as well and it works a heck of a lot better than ours. Why? They have corners who can play man-to-man and can make plays. Yesterday I saw a perfect example of why the Bears D works and ours doesn't. Stafford went back to pass and knew it had to come out quick he pumped twice and both times the WRs were covered and then the Bears pass rush got there because the corners made him hold the ball because if he threw it was going to get picked. I think if we got some better players, namely at the corner spot the cover-2 would be fine.

Nobody will go, no one is watching the Colts.

That i can agree with, i was trying to find gameday highlights with mooch,deion and the rest of cast and they had every game's highlights except for colts and jags...also flexing the pats game doesn't do much good for us either

Only person I really think deserves to go is our MVP Pat McAfee.

Bethea has been up and down. Angerer has been good, but not at a Pro Bowl level. Frathis has been pretty much nonexistent this year. Nobody on the offensive side of the ball has done anything.

Only reason a Colt player will make the Pro Bowl this year is on name alone.

Angerer hasn't been on a Pro Bowl level? The guys is the only player in the League with over 100 tackles this season. That's Pro Bowl right there, when you're on the only winless team.

Angerer hasn't been on a Pro Bowl level? The guys is the only player in the League with over 100 tackles this season. That's Pro Bowl right there, when you're on the only winless team.

Pat doesn't have a 100 tackles. He has 51. The 54 assists puts him in the 100s.

Deqwell Jackson in Clev is beating Pat in tackles, and he has more sacks, more picks, and his team isn't 0-16.

I agree with most of your post, but it has nothing to do with "figuring out" our schemes. The sarcasm isn't needed. I'm sure teams figured out our schemes 9 years ago.

More than the lack of inside rush, the problem is that Freeney and Mathis's sacks usually come when the opposition "has" to pass and they can just pin their ears back. The opposition clearly doesn't feel that need when our offense is so anemic. In addition, the better the short passing attack works, the less the chance that the QB will ever hold the ball long enough for the DEs to get there. The short passes have been killing us all year. Anyone else already nauseous at the thought of Brady/Welker?

I really dont see anyone deserving to go. Dont get me wrong, Angerer is having a good season leading the NFL in tackles but he's only doing that because our Defense cant get off the field on 3rd down & our Offense cant make 1st downs & thats the reason Bethea & Conner were both in the top 5 for tackles to. They wont vote him there just because he's the leading tackler in the NFL. He doesnt have any Interceptions nore does he have more then 5 sacks so IMO I dont think he deserves to make it and I doubt they will vote him in, but again he has had a good season for us. I feel the same way with McAfee, he has punted the ball well but when you punt the ball almost 6-7 times a game you should expect aleast 4 good 1s.

I really dont see anyone deserving to go. Dont get me wrong, Angerer is having a good season leading the NFL in tackles but he's only doing that because our Defense cant get off the field on 3rd down & our Offense cant make 1st downs & thats the reason Bethea & Conner were both in the top 5 for tackles to. They wont vote him there just because he's the leading tackler in the NFL. He doesnt have any Interceptions nore does he have more then 5 sacks so IMO I dont think he deserves to make it and I doubt they will vote him in, but again he has had a good season for us. I feel the same way with McAfee, he has punted the ball well but when you punt the ball almost 6-7 times a game you should expect aleast 4 good 1s.
I agree leading in tackles is not a good thing,how many yds did they gain before the tackle was made? how many chances did they have to make a tackle? it means the d could not get off the field, ypg and points allowed are better stats, and how many passes were completed to the mlbs zone? these are the things that decide all pro not # of tackles, pat is good against the run but leaves his pass area open time and time again

Nobody on this team deserves Pro Bowl. Worst performance's I have ever seen by any team. No phase of this team doesn't suck with the exception of the punter, and that figures because he is always out there.

nonsense. You obviously haven't been around long. Go check out the years when Jeff George, Jack Trudeau or Chris Chandler were leading this team. Those were BAD teams. This is an average squad with a horrible coaching staff who never thought about a year without Manning.

The reason Bethea and Angerer have so many tackles is because the opposing team completes every pass against the safeties and they complete every pass in the short field against the LB's. And when they run the ball they run at Angerer because he is the only player there, everyone else is asleep or have long ago given up. Put me on this team and I will also get 180 tackles. comon now, no Colt deserves to be in the PB.

The reason Bethea and Angerer have so many tackles is because the opposing team completes every pass against the safeties and they complete every pass in the short field against the LB's. And when they run the ball they run at Angerer because he is the only player there, everyone else is asleep or have long ago given up. Put me on this team and I will also get 180 tackles. comon now, no Colt deserves to be in the PB.

i agree,tackles do not mean much if they get a big gain before the tackle