Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Corey Lynch IR

Bravo

.............. Guessing Mr. Grigson didn't get my letter that recommends putting all Colts player's in bubbles until week 1 @ Denver

I just wanted them in bubbles until training camp!! Plus I sent the letter yesterday and you know how the postal service is....

Why is our strength and conditioning coach still employed?? Seriously. 

I get it, it's not all their fault....but here we go again! Geesh. 

If you get it, that these things are not the strength coach's fault, then why suggest he should be fired?

If you get it, that these things are not the strength coach's fault, then why suggest he should be fired?

I'm going to toss out something to chew on......

Before Harbaugh arrived at Stanford,  the Cardinals would regularly get hammered with injuries to the great frustration of the fan base.    A school that was having trouble recruiting talented kids couldn't afford to lose many (any?)

Then, we changed our S&C coordinator and philosophy....

We went from a more weight oriented program...   lift more weight...  lift heavier weight....  do lots of reps...  get bigger and stronger....   then we changed to a more core strength based program....  with specific exercises to strengthen specific parts of the body that certain positions used more than others.   Almost custom fit for the position.

The results were immediate.    Stanford has now led THE NATION in fewest games lost due to injury for roughly 4-5 years in a row.   That can't be a coincidence.

And while most Stanford players don't record high numbers of lifting the 225 bench press,  the school is widely considered one of the biggest and strongest programs in the country.    We've transformed ourselves from the 98 pound weaklings to the beach bullies.    We pound teams.    We're more physical than anyone.    Stanford is now mentioned in the same discussion with schools like Alabama and Wisconsin for size and toughness.    All that,  and we rarely loose players to injuries.

I rarely, rarely call for people to lose their job.    But if the Colts have a 3rd year in a row where we're among the league leaders in games lost due to injury (I think we were 3rd or 4th last year)  then I'd be willing to say a change must be made.  

When it comes to S&C, I've seen sustained proof at Stanford.    And, so far,  I'm not liking what I'm seeing with the Colts.    Very worrisome.

I'm going to toss out something to chew on......

Before Harbaugh arrived at Stanford,  the Cardinals would regularly get hammered with injuries to the great frustration of the fan base.    A school that was having trouble recruiting talented kids couldn't afford to lose many (any?)

Then, we changed our S&C coordinator and philosophy....

We went from a more weight oriented program...   lift more weight...  lift heavier weight....  do lots of reps...  get bigger and stronger....   then we changed to a more core strength based program....  with specific exercises to strengthen specific parts of the body that certain positions used more than others.   Almost custom fit for the position.

The results were immediate.    Stanford has now led THE NATION in fewest games lost due to injury for roughly 4-5 years in a row.   That can't be a coincidence.

And while most Stanford players don't record high numbers of lifting the 225 bench press,  the school is widely considered one of the biggest and strongest programs in the country.    We've transformed ourselves from the 98 pound weaklings to the beach bullies.    We pound teams.    We're more physical than anyone.    Stanford is now mentioned in the same discussion with schools like Alabama and Wisconsin for size and toughness.    All that,  and we rarely loose players to injuries.

I rarely, rarely call for people to lose their job.    But if the Colts have a 3rd year in a row where we're among the league leaders in games lost due to injury (I think we were 3rd or 4th last year)  then I'd be willing to say a change must be made.  

When it comes to S&C, I've seen sustained proof at Stanford.    And, so far,  I'm not liking what I'm seeing with the Colts.    Very worrisome.

I agree with everything you're saying, but I have to wonder how they quantify 'games lost due to injury'. We have for sure been one of the most injury-riddled teams in the past, and this goes back to the Dungy/Caldwell days. I didn't realize this but our current S&C coach came from, surprise-surprise, Philly. 

except... andrew luck isn't a marginal player...

Andrew Luck is a marginal player?

My point was for someone to brush off a season ending injury just cause the injuree isn't a starter or pro bowler is childish. Now if this was Andrew out for the year some people on this forum would slip into depression. Regardless of who the player is or how much they contribute shouldn't determine how much a person cares about the injury. If they're wearing a horseshoe on their head/helmet, you should care

Hope that clarifies

My point was for someone to brush off a season ending injury just cause the injuree isn't a starter or pro bowler is childish. Now if this was Andrew out for the year some people on this forum would slip into depression. Regardless of who the player is or how much they contribute shouldn't determine how much a person cares about the injury. If they're wearing a horseshoe on their head/helmet, you should care

Hope that clarifies

No, it doesn't. Your first post made no sense.

I agree with everything you're saying, but I have to wonder how they quantify 'games lost due to injury'. We have for sure been one of the most injury-riddled teams in the past, and this goes back to the Dungy/Caldwell days. I didn't realize this but our current S&C coach came from, surprise-surprise, Philly. 

We have dealt with injuries for a long time. 2010 in particular was terrible. This injury situation predates the current staff.

Also, the current S&C coach isn't from the Chip Kelly / Shaun Huls program, so he didn't bring any of their stuff over with him. As much as I think some of these injuries are just chance happenings, it's hard to ignore that the Eagles had significantly fewer injuries than other teams did last year.

Hill can't sign with any NFL team as long as he's under contract with the Rattlers.

He's not under contract tho. Seems like PFT made a mistake.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/06/06/arena-team-denies-adding-former-giants-safety-will-hill/

EDIT: Unless this is what you mean:

“He was with [the Rattlers] before he signed with the Giants [in 2011],” Hill’s agent, Adisa Bakari said in a phone interview. “They still have his rights. There’s not much more I can say.”

You know, when that report was first published, it seemed sloppy to me. It looks like the Rattlers have his rights, but he's not a member of the team. 

In that case, ignore my previous post. At best, it's unclear whether he can sign with an NFL team at this point.

So a guy with college injury concerns who missed eight games two seasons ago gets tears his ACL, and then a quality ST player gets put on IR with an undisclosed injury, and we're already to blame the S&C coach again? 

Depending on how Fili's injury happened, and what happened with Lynch, I'll wait until I cast a stone.

If you read what I said, I said it's not all his fault. <- which means: I believe some of the blame does in fact rest with him. 

Regardless, I don't care who they are....we can't afford to lose anyone in the secondary, let alone the whole team to injury. 

I don't know about Lynch but Moala suffered a fluke injury that his S & C had nothing to do with

I have not seen a story about how that injury happened?

Can you point me to something?     Was it here on Colts.com or on NFL.com?    Or ESPN?

Thanks very much.....

I have not seen a story about how that injury happened?

Can you point me to something? Was it here on Colts.com or on NFL.com? Or ESPN?

Thanks very much.....

I don't know anything about the Lynch injury but I think it was on here that I read that Moala injury came because a teammate rolled into/fell on him to tear the ACL

So...Sheldon Price to safety?  Seems like we should roll someone like him over, because we have a lot of CBs on the roster who aren't going to make the team.  It's too late to sign a safety worth a dang.  I'm not sure if he's ever played safety at any level, but Price and his new-found muscle seem like a perfect candidate for safety...

I was being sarcastic about Will Hill wouldn't want him with a horseshoe.

I'm the one who was so against Purifiy because of the snitch + off field issues no way I'd advocate for Will Hill. I suspect his career is done hard to trust guys who can't get their crap straight off the field. He's had more than his share of chances

So...Sheldon Price to safety? Seems like we should roll someone like him over, because we have a lot of CBs on the roster who aren't going to make the team. It's too late to sign a safety worth a dang. I'm not sure if he's ever played safety at any level, but Price and his new-found muscle seem like a perfect candidate for safety...