Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Greg Manusky: Daniel Adongo will remain at OLB

TKnight24

@HolderStephen: Looking over some of Wed's Colts interviews. One interesting note: Manusky affirming they'll keep working Adongo at OLB despite weight gain

@HolderStephen: Adongo at one point was north of 280 but it looks like solid muscle and he appears to carry the weight quite well. We wondered about DL

This should answer a lot of our questions. Yes it was solid muscle he put on not fat, & yes he will still be at OLB

:colts:

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, June 12, 2014 - offensive
Hidden by Nadine, June 12, 2014 - offensive

Not sold on an african...and i'm an african american. They tend to lack heart to be honest.  But we'll see.

What an offensive and absolute joke of a comment.  You paint with an awfully broad brush.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, June 12, 2014 - offensive
Hidden by Nadine, June 12, 2014 - offensive

Not sold on an african...and i'm an african american. They tend to lack heart to be honest.  But we'll see.

Is that a personal comment, or is that on behalf of the Burl's Kid's Foundation?

Posted · Hidden by Superman, June 12, 2014 - offensive
Hidden by Superman, June 12, 2014 - offensive

To which you should absolutely keep to yourself.

Why? Because i'm a black american and proud of my country and family? Yes, i orginally came from africa, but i am not african, much like you're not european. WE ARE AMERICANS.

Just my opinion, but all this concern about weight and body type is really secondary to - can a guy play.

I remember watching Hard Knocks years ago when they had the Ravens.  They had a LB trying out who looked like he was carved from a block of stone.  But he plainly couldn't play the game on an NFL level.

We still don't know if Adongo can play, no matter what he looks like or what position they put him at.  I'm excited to find out though.

Just my opinion, but all this concern about weight and body type is really secondary to - can a guy play.

I remember watching Hard Knocks years ago when they had the Ravens.  They had a LB trying out who looked like he was carved from a block of stone.  But he plainly couldn't play the game on an NFL level.

We still don't know if Adongo can play, no matter what he looks like or what position they put him at.  I'm excited to find out though.

His inexperience in American football much less NFL football is his biggest hurdle. The guy has athleticism.

James Harrison is around 275 lbs and he's had a pretty solid career at OLB.  If Adongo can maintain his speed and add some more muscle, why not?

Harrison was like 6'0' though isn't Adongo like 6'6" which probably means he just filled into his body. It sounds like he is built more like Lebron James. I would be surprised if he lost much speed or quickness just added strength which he probably needed to do. He could be a real monster coming off the edge. Can't wait to see him in preseason. Heck even Werner is like 6'3" 265.

Right, but Adongo was a Rugger at a relatively high level & if any two sports are going to have skill sets that translate from one to another it is Rugby & American Football...

Now, I realize they aren't the same sport at all (although their origins are closely linked), but both require some similar skill sets...

anyways, I really hope Adongo can put it all together & be a force for the Colts...

If nothing else, Adongo will be a great guy to be first off the bus

Right, but Adongo was a Rugger at a relatively high level & if any two sports are going to have skill sets that translate from one to another it is Rugby & American Football...

Now, I realize they aren't the same sport at all (although their origins are closely linked), but both require some similar skill sets...

anyways, I really hope Adongo can put it all together & be a force for the Colts...

I hate to disagree but he wasn't playing at that high a level of rugby and judging by the number of starts in quite a few years of career was considered raw.

However I would say I agree he's a physical specimen par excellence and also that aside from basketball rugby offers the most transferable skills. In fact I think rugby is an area the NFL has yet to fully realise the potential of. The issue I guess is Rugby players regardless of position must have a certain level of all round skill which means they are in NFL eyes "athletes". Certainly they could teach NFL teams about tackling! Adongo I have full confidence in physically, but you can't replicate playing the game since being a kid. Great players of any sport are instinctive.

From my own experience of rugby I played inside centre meaning I had to have the ability to crash ball, ie break the gain line (Line of scrimmage) and also be be a tough tackler something that in the NFL which would be two very separate positions. I'm guessing HB and LB.

Saying that I was also undersized as a rugby player so deity of your choice help me in American football.. Technical skills can help you a lot in rugby not so much in Gridiron it seems!

I hate to disagree but he wasn't playing at that high a level of rugby and judging by the number of starts in quite a few years of career was considered raw.

However I would say I agree he's a physical specimen par excellence and also that aside from basketball rugby offers the most transferable skills. In fact I think rugby is an area the NFL has yet to fully realise the potential of. The issue I guess is Rugby players regardless of position must have a certain level of all round skill which means they are in NFL eyes "athletes". Certainly they could teach NFL teams about tackling! Adongo I have full confidence in physically, but you can't replicate playing the game since being a kid. Great players of any sport are instinctive.

From my own experience of rugby I played inside centre meaning I had to have the ability to crash ball, ie break the gain line (Line of scrimmage) and also be be a tough tackler something that in the NFL which would be two very separate positions. I'm guessing HB and LB.

Saying that I was also undersized as a rugby player so deity of your choice help me in American football.. Technical skills can help you a lot in rugby not so much in Gridiron it seems!

I know rugby players are tough and play hard and everything, but I get the feeling Adongo is bigger than your typical rugby player. Am I right about that? I've watched rugby from time to time, and I don't know that many of them are 6'6", 250 pounds.

I know rugby players are tough and play hard and everything, but I get the feeling Adongo is bigger than your typical rugby player. Am I right about that? I've watched rugby from time to time, and I don't know that many of them are 6'6", 250 pounds.

I would say yes, but as the sport has developed since adopting professional status the players are getting bigger and faster. Adongo played some lock (2nd row) and those guys tend to be the biggest height wise certainly. He's still a crazy big guy though and quick if what we get told is to be believed.

Ha I knew someone would say Adongo wasn't a world beater in the Rugby World...

While the guy's resume isnt loaded, he did make a few appearances in Super Rugby, with plenty of other world class NRLers, & I enjoy Super Rugby as much as NRL, so it's a "relatively" high level of play in my book...

Plus he's still young...

I too played a few XV seasons myself, I always a dirty Hooker, stealing scrums was my calling card...

While the guy's resume isnt loaded, he did make a few appearances in Super Rugby, with plenty of other world class NRLers, & I enjoy Super Rugby as much as NRL, so it's a "relatively" high level of play in my book...

Plus he's still young...

I too played a few XV seasons myself, I always a dirty Hooker, stealing scrums was my calling card...

I thought I might get called on that :P call it a northern hemisphere bias I guess. That and for me the top level is of course the international tests.

I played a little front row when younger, enjoyed it, but sadly scrums at professional level are now a joke. Feeding and collapsing makes them.almost pointless.

Plus he's still young...

I thought I might get called on that :P call it a northern hemisphere bias I guess. That and for me the top level is of course the international tests.

I played a little front row when younger, enjoyed it, but sadly scrums at professional level are now a joke. Feeding and collapsing makes them.almost pointless.

Seems we've got a little bit of a rad bromance going on up in here. ;)