Practice Squad 7

Cb -Price

Wr - Thomas

Dt - Kerr

Ot - Ulrick

Qb - Lobato

Olb - Johnson

Te- Swoope

I really doubt Muamba making the fianl 53, i think he gets shipped off to the PS, and also doesnt Hughes play DE or have they officially moved him to NT? Adongo i doubt will be moved to DE i think he will stay at OLB, i agree with everything else pretty much! nice mock up

Honestly I think not only will Mumba make the team but be a key contributor by the end of the season. Also considering Adongos weight gain over the offseason it think he will be playing as a DE. Lastly Hughes has been weighed at 350 in the last month. Therefore he is a huge DE or he's going to be a NT....

Honestly I think not only will Mumba make the team but be a key contributor by the end of the season. Also considering Adongos weight gain over the offseason it think he will be playing as a DE. Lastly Hughes has been weighed at 350 in the last month. Therefore he is a huge DE or he's going to be a NT....

I said in another thread...Adongo and Werner could bring it from that right edge...with a splash of Freeman and McNary in there as well.

All I can say about Muamba is he was the best talent on defense in the CFL....another lil fella by the name of Freeman came from there to...and everyone called him 'camp fodder.'  He has done OK :)

De - Jones - Redding

Nt - Chapmen - Hughes

De - Jean-Francois - Moala - Adongo

I like the players you have, but there seems to be some confusion on our D-Line.

In our 3-4, the players you have would be in these positions:

Dt - Jones, Jean-Francois, Hughes

Nt - Chapman

De - Redding, Moala

OLB - Adongo

I like the players you have, but there seems to be some confusion on our D-Line.

Nt - Chapman

De - Redding, Moala

OLB - Adongo

I understand your confusion... Adongo is approaching 290 lb and Hughes is 350

I understand your confusion... Adongo is approaching 290 lb and Hughes is 350

Haloti Ngata was up near there (340 I think), but he was still in Baltimores Dt role.  That leads me to believe that Hughes will still be in the Dt role.  It's not all based on weight.  The coaches (and GM) see a quickness in Hughes' game, and they seem to think his best fit is Dt.

While Adongo is close to 290, the coaches still seem to like him in an OLB spot.  All the pictures seem to show him practicing with the linebackers.

While I do not disagree that they would do well in the positions you slotted them into, I am merely pointing out that our coaches have them practicing in different positions.

Nt - Chapman

De - Redding, Moala

OLB - Adongo

well the thing about guys like Jones and Hughes is the coaches say they have the versatility to play any position on the DL in this defense.  Personally I expect Jones to start at the DE position with RJF on the other side at DT.

Haloti Ngata was up near there (340 I think), but he was still in Baltimores Dt role. That leads me to believe that Hughes will still be in the Dt role. It's not all based on weight. The coaches (and GM) see a quickness in Hughes' game, and they seem to think his best fit is Dt.

While Adongo is close to 290, the coaches still seem to like him in an OLB spot. All the pictures seem to show him practicing with the linebackers.

While I do not disagree that they would do well in the positions you slotted them into, I am merely pointing out that our coaches have them practicing in different positions.

Which at 282 he's actually closer to 280. No way he plays de/DT for us. He is our OLB. I imagine he may lose a few pounds during training camp. Who knows, he may keep it on

Offense 25

Qb - Luck - Hasselbeck

Rb - Richardson - Ballard - Bradshaw

Fb - Havili

Wr - Wayne - Moncrief

Wr - Nicks - Rogers

Wr - Hilton - Brazil

Te - Allen - Fleener - Doyle

Ot - Costonzo

Og - Thomas - Mewhort

C. - Homes - Harrison

Og - Thornton - Louis - Walker

Ot - Cerlius- Nixon

Defense 26

De - Jones - Redding

Nt - Chapmen - Hughes

Olb - Mathis - Walden

Mlb - Freeman - McNary - Mumba

Mlb - Jackson - Jackson

Olb - Werner - Newsome

Cb - Davis - Coxs

Cb - Toler -Gordy

Cb - Butler

Ss - Landry - McDonald

Fs - Howell - Purifoy - Brown

Special teams 3

K - Vinatieri

P - McAfee

Ls - Overton

54 total (Including Mathis)

Practice Squad 7

Cb -Price

Wr - Thomas

Dt - Kerr

Ot - Ulrick

Qb - Lobato

Olb - Johnson

Te- Swoope

Not bad!

Not bad

I really doubt Muamba making the fianl 53, i think he gets shipped off to the PS, and also doesnt Hughes play DE or have they officially moved him to NT? Adongo i doubt will be moved to DE i think he will stay at OLB, i agree with everything else pretty much! nice mock up

If Muamba was headed towards the PS he would stayed in the CFL

He will be on the final 53

I said in another thread...Adongo and Werner could bring it from that right edge...with a splash of Freeman and McNary in there as well.

All I can say about Muamba is he was the best talent on defense in the CFL....another lil fella by the name of Freeman came from there to...and everyone called him 'camp fodder.'  He has done OK :)

I've said it before, No D3 player who wasn't even sniffed in the draft and only has Canadian experience will make an NFL team...

Oh....

Never mind.

Offense 25

Qb - Luck - Hasselbeck

Rb - Richardson - Ballard - Bradshaw

Fb - Havili

Wr - Wayne - Moncrief

Wr - Nicks - Rogers

Wr - Hilton - Brazil

Te - Allen - Fleener - Doyle

Ot - Costonzo

Og - Thomas - Mewhort

C. - Homes - Harrison

Og - Thornton - Louis - Walker

Ot - Cerlius- Nixon

Defense 26

De - Jones - Redding

Nt - Chapmen - Hughes

Olb - Mathis - Walden

Mlb - Freeman - McNary - Mumba

Mlb - Jackson - Jackson

Olb - Werner - Newsome

Cb - Davis - Coxs

Cb - Toler -Gordy

Cb - Butler

Ss - Landry - McDonald

Fs - Howell - Purifoy - Brown

Special teams 3

K - Vinatieri

P - McAfee

Ls - Overton

54 total (Including Mathis)

Practice Squad 7

Cb -Price

Wr - Thomas

Dt - Kerr

Ot - Ulrick

Qb - Lobato

Olb - Johnson

Te- Swoope

Joe Reitz?

I disagree with some of your picks but this is what I see as the final 53 man roster (a * for the player in Mathis' spot for first 4 games). I have also included some analysis.

Offense (25):

QB - Andrew Luck, Matt Hasselbeck

RB - Trent Richardson, Ahmad Bradshaw, Vick Ballard, Zurlon Tipton 

FB - Stanley Havili

WR - Reggie Wayne, Hakeem Nicks, T.Y. Hilton, Donte Moncrief, Da'Rick Rogers, Griff Whalen*

TE - Dwayne Allen, Coby Fleener, Jack Doyle

OT- Anthony Castanzo, Goster Cherilus, Xavier Nixon

OG - Donald Thomas, Hugh Thornton, Jack Mewhort, Joe Reitz

C - Khaled Holmes, Jonathan Harrison

Defense (26): 

DL - Arthur Jones, Ricky Jean Francois, Cory Redding

DL Rotationals and Backups - Josh Chapman, Fili Moala, Montori Hughes, Zach Kerr 

OLB1 - Robert Mathis, Bjoern Werner, 

ILB - Jerrell Freeman, Mario Harvey, Andrew Jackson

ILB - D"Qwell Jackson, Josh McNary

OLB 2 - Erik Walden, Jonathan Newsome, Daniel Adongo

CB - Vontae Davis, Greg Toler, Darius Butler, Josh Gordy, Qua Cox 

SS - Delano Howell, Sergio Brown

FS - LaRon Landry, Colt Anderson

Special Teams (3):

K - Adam Vinatieri 

P - Pat McAfee

LS - Matt Overton

Offense Analysis:

QB is obviously set unless the 1% happens and Harnish beats out Hasselbeck. RB is going to be pretty much by committee with Tipton being the special teamer. TE position is set in stone pretty much. Colts will carry 6 WR for atleast the first four games of the season to see how 1) Wayne bounces back and 2) Hakeem Nicks plays. T.Y. Hilton will probably have the most number of snaps or close to it by end of season. Whalen will be the 6th reciever because of his "solidness" which might be critical in the first four games if Wayne and/or Nicks don't pan out as planned. The OL will be a HUGE battle in training camp. Thornton BARELY edges out Mewhort for starting guard position but Mewhort will get lots of playing time anyways because Thomas might not be ready and because of general injuries. Holmes makes center (I think he will do well) and Harrison edges out Austin for backup slot. Nixon showed flashes of talent and competence last year as OT. Reitz is a dependable OG backup.

Defense Analysis:

It is not a good idea to pencil in people as the typical DE, NT, DT positions because our line will be all over the place which is why I split it up into three categories: Starters, Rotation, and Backups. Staff will find a way to get RJF, Redding, and Jones playing the most however possible. Chapman will get quality time in rotation as will Moala. Zach Kerr and Hughes are plainly backups with limited time. Linebacker position will be all over the place first four games. Jackson and Freeman will get most of the snaps at ILB followed by McNary (last year was great for passing downs) and A. Jackson (will be good for running downs). Harvey will be there for insurance and extra time purposes. OLB will be all over the place because it is one huge tryout process between Bjoern Werner (mainly), Newsome to see who can rush and who can't while Mathis is out. Adongo will get special teams playing and maybe even some rushing snaps. Walden (unfortunately) will play alot because of experience and some talent. After Mathis comes back, it will somewhat solidify if one of those guys emerges as a dependable rusher (hoping). CB will be the usual three in Davis, Toler, and Butler where Butler will be primarily slot ONLY. If and WHEN Toler goes down, Gordy could take over. Cox is very intriguing (GREAT CB swagger and confidence along with decent talent/skill) and will play in some situations as necessary. I think L. Purfiroy is going to PS and not active roster as we did with Rogers last year. Landry gets moved over to FS (was decent in coverage last year as per the coaches) while Howell will play SS to mask his coverage deficiencies. However, the staff will move everyone around so it won't really play role by role. Anderson is there because of experience and decent backup talent. Sergio is a special teams monster and might get some snaps at CB is both safeties go down with injuries. 

I am glad nothing has to be said about the Special Teams starters cause otherwise there would be some wrong. 

Henoc Muamba will make the 53! i live in canada have seen him play multiple times, he is as good as Freeman, together these guys will be one the best and  most underrated linebacking corps in the league, underrated of course because we are the Colts and they are CFL guys, neither of which gets any respect from the "Experts"

This looks about right to me

Offense (25):

FB - Stanley Havili

WR - Reggie Wayne, Hakeem Nicks, T.Y. Hilton, Donte Moncrief, Da'Rick Rogers, Griff Whalen*

Defense (26): 

DL Rotationals and Backups - Josh Chapman, Fili Moala, Montori Hughes, Zach Kerr 

Special Teams (3):

K - Adam Vinatieri 

P - Pat McAfee

LS - Matt Overton

I am not sure about Whalen and Rogers over Brazil or Tipton over Rainey but that will be settled in camp. I think Brazil was just starting to get it last year and expect a big jump good camp battles for final RB and WR spots. 

LIke the back end a lot better not sure what everyone see's in Purifoy. Adongo is OLB agreed. I think Thomas might not be ready to go day one at G and Chapman will start at NT but as far as who is on the 53 man roster I like what you got going.

I don't see more than a couple of UDFA's on the 53 man roster I really want to see what Price looks like in the preseason after a year on the PS the kid has really good size and speed.

This looks about right to me

Offense (25):

QB - Andrew Luck, Matt Hasselbeck

RB - Trent Richardson, Ahmad Bradshaw, Vick Ballard, Zurlon Tipton

FB - Stanley Havili

OT- Anthony Castanzo, Goster Cherilus, Xavier Nixon

Defense (26):

CB - Vontae Davis, Greg Toler, Darius Butler, Josh Gordy, Qua Cox

Special Teams (3):

K - Adam Vinatieri

P - Pat McAfee

LS - Matt Overton

I am not sure about Whalen and Rogers over Brazil or Tipton over Rainey but that will be settled in camp. I think Brazil was just starting to get it last year and expect a big jump good camp battles for final RB and WR spots.

LIke the back end a lot better not sure what everyone see's in Purifoy. Adongo is OLB agreed. I think Thomas might not be ready to go day one at G and Chapman will start at NT but as far as who is on the 53 man roster I like what you got going.

I don't see more than a couple of UDFA's on the 53 man roster I really want to see what Price looks like in the preseason after a year on the PS the kid has really good size and speed.

Mario Harvey isn't gonna be a Colt when the regular season starts, you can cancel that

Agreed

Yep; him or Kelvin Sheppard won't be here

Harvey just looks sloppy to be a LB. Gut was flying around more than he was in the San Diego game.

And Sheppard is just trash. Should've never traded for him. Don't know what Grigson was thinking/drinking that day

Wasn't my list cut and pasted it just thought it was closer than the first one. I hope Muamba turns into the second coming of Freeman get a little CFL pipeline going.

Looking back I think I might like the first one better with the exception of the back end. Not big on Purifoy at all. There were players in wrong positions threw me off.

I am interested to see Price after a year on the practice squad he has size and speed to play outside. It will be a good camp a lot of competition hopefully everyone comes out healthy.

Yep; him or Kelvin Sheppard won't be here

Harvey just looks sloppy to be a LB. Gut was flying around more than he was in the San Diego game.

And Sheppard is just trash. Should've never traded for him. Don't know what Grigson was thinking/drinking that day

Harvey is a special teams monster.  He may not make the club due to depth.  The kid has, however played with heart since his first step into camp, and his motor is fantastic.

He is not fat so I am wondering about the gut comment.  Maybe we will see his on the Biggest Loser.   :)

I just think that the Colts will not keep 6 receivers past the 4th week unless 1) one of the recievers goes down, 2) the REAL Wayne/Hicks don't show up. I think we can all agree that Brazil has higher potential than Whalen but then again, in this case we have enough "potential" on our current 5 receivers (Rogers, Moncrief). Whalen is probably more dependable as that slot receiver (only T.Y. is the other true slot) that is very sure handed...Same cannot be said for Rogers, Moncreif OR Brazil... Probably even better hands than TY even though he did improve alot last year..

Also, I had put Harvey down for experience purposes but now that I think about it, he actually was fairly terrible last year. You think the colts carry more than 4 ILBs this year? If they do take a 5th one, maybe its the CFL guy Muamba?

My thoughts on Price and Purifory: 
Price has a ton of physical things going for him but he is still learning so I think he will probably head to the practice squad unless he has a HUGE training camp. L Purifory doesn't seem like the guy that would just stop his problems one day and get the trust of the staff before the season starts. He is probably headed for the PS. To be honest, he has to learn how to press-cover in the NFL without penalties. I watched his game and he has gotten away with ALOT of penalties that would have been called in the NFL. Cox is more mentally prepared for a roster spot and he has already showed up to training camp ready to go while impressing the coaches. 

No way Adongo DOES NOT make the roster this year...I understand he is new and all that but I wanna test his potential out before making a judgement on whether he is ready or not. If not then stash him back on the PS.

I disagree with some of your picks but this is what I see as the final 53 man roster (a * for the player in Mathis' spot for first 4 games). I have also included some analysis.

Offense (25):

FB - Stanley Havili

Defense (26): 

Special Teams (3):

K - Adam Vinatieri 

P - Pat McAfee

LS - Matt Overton

Offense Analysis:

QB is obviously set unless the 1% happens and Harnish beats out Hasselbeck. RB is going to be pretty much by committee with Tipton being the special teamer. TE position is set in stone pretty much. Colts will carry 6 WR for atleast the first four games of the season to see how 1) Wayne bounces back and 2) Hakeem Nicks plays. T.Y. Hilton will probably have the most number of snaps or close to it by end of season. Whalen will be the 6th reciever because of his "solidness" which might be critical in the first four games if Wayne and/or Nicks don't pan out as planned. The OL will be a HUGE battle in training camp. Thornton BARELY edges out Mewhort for starting guard position but Mewhort will get lots of playing time anyways because Thomas might not be ready and because of general injuries. Holmes makes center (I think he will do well) and Harrison edges out Austin for backup slot. Nixon showed flashes of talent and competence last year as OT. Reitz is a dependable OG backup.

Defense Analysis:

It is not a good idea to pencil in people as the typical DE, NT, DT positions because our line will be all over the place which is why I split it up into three categories: Starters, Rotation, and Backups. Staff will find a way to get RJF, Redding, and Jones playing the most however possible. Chapman will get quality time in rotation as will Moala. Zach Kerr and Hughes are plainly backups with limited time. Linebacker position will be all over the place first four games. Jackson and Freeman will get most of the snaps at ILB followed by McNary (last year was great for passing downs) and A. Jackson (will be good for running downs). Harvey will be there for insurance and extra time purposes. OLB will be all over the place because it is one huge tryout process between Bjoern Werner (mainly), Newsome to see who can rush and who can't while Mathis is out. Adongo will get special teams playing and maybe even some rushing snaps. Walden (unfortunately) will play alot because of experience and some talent. After Mathis comes back, it will somewhat solidify if one of those guys emerges as a dependable rusher (hoping). CB will be the usual three in Davis, Toler, and Butler where Butler will be primarily slot ONLY. If and WHEN Toler goes down, Gordy could take over. Cox is very intriguing (GREAT CB swagger and confidence along with decent talent/skill) and will play in some situations as necessary. I think L. Purfiroy is going to PS and not active roster as we did with Rogers last year. Landry gets moved over to FS (was decent in coverage last year as per the coaches) while Howell will play SS to mask his coverage deficiencies. However, the staff will move everyone around so it won't really play role by role. Anderson is there because of experience and decent backup talent. Sergio is a special teams monster and might get some snaps at CB is both safeties go down with injuries. 

I am glad nothing has to be said about the Special Teams starters cause otherwise there would be some wrong. 

im not sold on howell. idk why. just something about THAT safety position that scares me and thinks it will hurt our secondary more then it helps or keeps it stable. and Toler I was never sold on him staying healthy and still believe he will be out 3 or 4 games in 2014. i still think we should give up (and a lot of people will prob disagree with me) a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Brandon Flowers from KC, since the last i heard on the NFL network was they are willing to trade him. I think Flowers with Davis will solidify our CB position and use Toler and Butler in the nickel back position. long shot and will never happen but that would def help our secondary. 

im not sold on howell. idk why. just something about THAT safety position that scares me and thinks it will hurt our secondary more then it helps or keeps it stable. and Toler I was never sold on him staying healthy and still believe he will be out 3 or 4 games in 2014. i still think we should give up (and a lot of people will prob disagree with me) a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Brandon Flowers from KC, since the last i heard on the NFL network was they are willing to trade him. I think Flowers with Davis will solidify our CB position and use Toler and Butler in the nickel back position. long shot and will never happen but that would def help our secondary.

You are right about Howell when it comes to deep passes in terms of his defense. Flowers until I know he's healthy I wouldn't give up any picks for him.