Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indy's out of Super Bowl Hunt

Bluefire4

In no way would the Colts or Irsay benefit?

How would Irsay benefit? It leads to exactly 0 more dollars in his pockets, and in fact, it would COST Irsay to host all of the owners.

And how does it help the Colts? The only way it would help them is if they are in the game in front of the home crowd.

It's not a reward. There is a ton more work and effort that goes in to hosting the game than we can ever imagine. It's done to bring in money to the city, and put the city in a national spotlight during one of the biggest sporting events in the world.

Actually...I'm glad.  I'd rather the Colts just play in the game.  Host cities rarely if ever see their team play in the Bowl anyway. 

In that vain...back to pulling for anyone but Luck to win the Madden Cover thing.  :goodluck:

But it was SO FUN!!!!!!!!!!

Only thing I wish is that there was a bit more room for the street concerts. We went down to see Fitz and the Tantrums and the crowd was scary packed.People were jamming in to see lmao

my claustrophobia kicked in so I left

There was a lot of great music!

Well that city ponied up a lot of public funds to build that stadium...they deserve it. That said the rotation of NO and Miami gets a bit old. Its good we got so far...should mean we may get 1 more before its all said and done.

Makes sense. Quid pro quo.

I think that after Indy was eliminated..the Indy voters put Minnesota over the top..

...Now we have to hope everything goes OK because that stadium isn't built yet and harsh weather in Minneapolis is a little more vivid that harsh weather in central Indiana 

Not sure how/why New Orleans was voted ahead of Indy.

I bet the Irsay situation played a role. 

New Orleans is the favorite destination of the owners.

10 times New Orleans has bid for the SB.   And 10 times, they've won.

Until today.    Today was bid #11.    And they lost.     They were hoping the fact that it's the 300th birthday of the city of New Orleans would be a selling point.     Nobody throws a party like New Orleans.   

As another poster said....   Indianapolis will get another Super Bowl someday...   but it's going to take some time....

Indy had no prayer after Jim went to the hole.  The other owners weren't about to reward Jim after that incident.

Except....

It's not a reward to the owner.

Or the franchise.

You are right. Besides, didn't Indy recently host a Super Bowl?

Irsays incident had nothing to do with Indy not getting the super bowl.

For you to believe that Irsay's pending charges had zero to do with the super bowl bid is just your opinion. Minn. had the first vote with the new stadium being built for sure. If you think that Irsay's legal problems didn't inter the minds of those who voted then I would have to disagree. I am sure Irsay's pending charges are on all of the other owners minds. Irsay didn't help matters as the other owners might not have wanted to open that can of worms. That's just my opinion.

For you to believe that Irsay's pending charges had zero to do with the super bowl bid is just your opinion. Minn. had the first vote with the new stadium being built for sure. If you think that Irsay's legal problems didn't inter the minds of those who voted then I would have to disagree. I am sure Irsay's pending charges are on all of the other owners minds. Irsay didn't help matters as the other owners might not have wanted to open that can of worms. That's just my opinion.

An opinion with nothing to back it up. At all

I'm basing mine on Marc Ganis insight. I can't post links from here but google what he has to say

All I said was my opinion as I stated. Unless you are sitting on the board it is all speculation. Someone's insight may or may not be fact. Insight is just a persons opinion. I think this has been hashed enough as it really don't make a difference one way or another. I may be wrong or right but no one cares anyway. Enough of this.

All I said was my opinion as I stated. Unless you are sitting on the board it is all speculation. Someone's insight may or may not be fact. Insight is just a persons opinion. I think this has been hashed enough as it really don't make a difference one way or another. I may be wrong or right but no one cares anyway. Enough of this.

I choose to go with a guys insight who has been apart of the city selection process, that's just me