Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I think we got a gem in Andrew Jackson

BlueCollarColts

I know, I know he hasn't played a down yet, but he has the potential to be our best run stopping linebacker, and with D'Qwell Jackson being 30, we will need someone to replace him at MLB. I love the intensity and edge he plays with, he certainly has some improvements to make as far as pass coverage, but he isn't an athletic slouch so I think he can do it, and I truly think he will be our future starter at MLB, thoughts?

If Werner were to get hot this year then i think we'd have a LB corp that would rank up there. However I am not saying it would rival San Fran

Eh

Patrick Willis & Ahmad Brooks are the 2 top dogs at the moment

Aldon Smith is a knucklehead

Navaro Bowman is now a ? after that disturbing leg injury

But when he/if he gets back to form, then yes it'll be 3/4 of their LBers are game changers

I don't expect Aldon Smith to be in the NFL much longer due to run ins with the law

"If Werner were to get hot this year then i think we'd have a LB corp that would rank up there."

So if you are saying that if one of our LB's played better, our LB unit as a whole would rank better right? I think we all agree that's how that works.

So if you are saying that if one of our LB's played better, our LB unit as a whole would rank better right? I think we all agree that's how that works.

I should have specified. I like our potential as being up there with the top LB corp. We know what Jackson, Freeman and Mathis can do in this league but Walden albeit okay, isn't someone to write home about. We could do better. Thus leading into the Werner statement. And hopefully the Art Jones signing helps out our D-line to allow our LBs to blow plays up

Starters Now: Mathis, Freeman, D Jax, Walden

Future: Newman, Freeman, Jackson, Werner

If they all work out and stay injury free... Quarterback, Linebacker and receiving cores are set for future!!

If McNary keeps improving, he has a future with us too.  Our wildcards are Adongo and Muamba, no one can predict their performance yet.

Studebaker was a decent backup last year.  I want to see someone emerge as our primary pass rusher and be our next Mathis.  But the group looks solid.

Now, if we could only say the same thing about our DBs...

If he can stop the run, I may start calling him Andrew "Stonewall" Jackson

I don't know how you can't already.  I get that it's really Thomas Stonewall Jackson, but still.  Every time I'm reading and my eyes cross over his name I find myself having a hard time not saying Andrew Stonewall Jackson.

K, how about Andrew brickwall Jackson then. Heh. I really like how the kid is 255-260 and not only looks but plays much smaller. As in able to find the creases and move around like a much smaller guy. But able to lay the wood and bring the pop like a 260 pounder. And as long as he backs it up I don't mind a passionate backer also. Give me Ray Lewis type guy anyday.

If McNary keeps improving, he has a future with us too. Our wildcards are Adongo and Muamba, no one can predict their performance yet.

Studebaker was a decent backup last year. I want to see someone emerge as our primary pass rusher and be our next Mathis. But the group looks solid.

Now, if we could only say the same thing about our DBs...

No doubt! We would have some good rotational players in Mcnary and Adongo maybe even starters.. Who knows.

I am also starting to believe that Newsome is going to be out pass rush guy! He is very athletic and quick. Kind of undersized but I'm excited to see him try and get after the quarterback! Werner was doing better vs the run than the pass last year so in thinking he will be more of a balanced guy! It's up to Newsome for the pure pass rush

K, how about Andrew brickwall Jackson then. Heh. I really like how the kid is 255-260 and not only looks but plays much smaller. As in able to find the creases and move around like a much smaller guy. But able to lay the wood and bring the pop like a 260 pounder. And as long as he backs it up I don't mind a passionate backer also. Give me Ray Lewis type guy anyday.

Whats wrong with A Jax? :D

Admittedly I only watched the Tennessee game from the Jackson videos thread here, but what little I saw I wasn't impressed. His athletic ability allows him to get to the heart of the play, whether it be rushing the quarterback or tracking down the ball carrier. That part was indeed impressive. But he seems to have an all or nothing tackling style that's almost Landry-esque, He's always trying to deliver the big hit and misses just as much as he hits. There were too many arm flailing tackle attempts, reaching back to trip up the guy he just whiffed on. He doesn't wrap up at all. While the thought of watching him deliver big hits is exciting, the thought of our opponents turning a play for negative yardage into a big gain because he whiffed trying to knock the other guy out of his cleats is disheartening. 

Admittedly I only watched the Tennessee game from the Jackson videos thread here, but what little I saw I wasn't impressed. His athletic ability allows him to get to the heart of the play, whether it be rushing the quarterback or tracking down the ball carrier. That part was indeed impressive. But he seems to have an all or nothing tackling style that's almost Landry-esque, He's always trying to deliver the big hit and misses just as much as he hits. There were too many arm flailing tackle attempts, reaching back to trip up the guy he just whiffed on. He doesn't wrap up at all. While the thought of watching him deliver big hits is exciting, the thought of our opponents turning a play for negative yardage into a big gain because he whiffed trying to knock the other guy out of his cleats is disheartening. 

The Tennessee tape is his worst tape.

Of course you'd say that when that's the only one I watched.  ;) Kidding. 

Won't deny that everyone has a bad game once in a while. I'll just allow myself to be pleasantly surprised when he's improved drastically once the season starts.  :goodluck:

Won't deny that everyone has a bad game once in a while. I'll just allow myself to be pleasantly surprised when he's improved drastically once the season starts.  :goodluck:

Draftbreakdown.com just added the Tennessee tape. I hadn't seen it until a few days ago, when my opinion of Jackson was already pretty much made up. I had watched the 2012 videos, plus some game tape from other games a few months ago. I felt like the Tennessee tape was kind of an outlier, to be honest.

He was drafted in the 6th for a reason. He has limitations, but I always thought he'd be a good project at ILB for us. Brandon Spikes kind of player, with a lower profile.

He had all kinds of problems in that tape, Was inconsistent shedding blocks, Whiffed on 2 leg tackles, Looks like play recognition needs some work as well, On a side note the Saints just picked up my guy Shawn Jackson from Tulsa.....Kinda burns me up a little lol

No doubt! We would have some good rotational players in Mcnary and Adongo maybe even starters.. Who knows.

I am also starting to believe that Newsome is going to be out pass rush guy! He is very athletic and quick. Kind of undersized but I'm excited to see him try and get after the quarterback! Werner was doing better vs the run than the pass last year so in thinking he will be more of a balanced guy! It's up to Newsome for the pure pass rush

newsome  pure pass rusher  , second  run stopper .  werner looks like so far run stopper his first pass rusher second.

Speaking for Indy Union Bricklayers  I approve of this message . :thmup:

SITTINGBRICKMAN_960.jpg

He had all kinds of problems in that tape, Was inconsistent shedding blocks, Whiffed on 2 leg tackles, Looks like play recognition needs some work as well, On a side note the Saints just picked up my guy Shawn Jackson from Tulsa.....Kinda burns me up a little lol

Want some bonus tape? 

You may have already watched footage from the Shrine game, as I have several times. But both Jackson and Kerr are on the East roster, so I just got done watching it again, specifically for them.