Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brandon Browner to visit Patriots

TheBlueAndWhite

Why haven't we brought him in?

Broncos & Patriots trying to be Seahawks vs 49ers off-season chess match part 2 or something?

:scratch: :scratch:

Yes, IMO they are.  The Broncos and Pats see that their elite QBs will be out of the league in a few years and will be loading up short term to win the SB.  They both have relatively short windows.  Who knows? Belechik isn't getting any younger and he may go when Brady goes.

Honestly, I think Irsay/Grigson, while they would always want to win now, are probably realistically looking at building a "monster" that dominates after Manning/Brady are on the decline and their teams have some cap issues. 

While trying to win the SB in the next two years may be a stated goal, I don't know if the Colts should really compete head-to-head with signing high priced FA short term just to butt heads with Broncos/PATs. 

The Colts have a young QB that can dominate the AFC after those guys retire.  I would rather the Colts have an eye for then, rather than shoot their *** trying to check-mate or keep up with the shorter-window teams.

Yes, IMO they are. The Broncos and Pats see that their elite QBs will be out of the league in a few years and will be loading up short term to win the SB. They both have relatively short windows. Who knows? Belechik isn't getting any younger and he may go when Brady goes.

Honestly, I think Irsay/Grigson, while they would always want to win now, are probably realistically looking at building a "monster" that dominates after Manning/Brady are on the decline and their teams have some cap issues.

While trying to win the SB in the next two years may be a stated goal, I don't know if the Colts should really compete head-to-head with signing high priced FA short term just to butt heads with Broncos/PATs.

The Colts have a young QB that can dominate the AFC after those guys retire. I would rather the Colts have an eye for then, rather than shoot their *** trying to check-mate or keep up with the shorter-window teams.

:agree: 100%

No kidding. 

Revis and Browner on the same team? 

YEESH! 

yeesh-o.gif

My problem with Browner is that he will miss 4 games which means we need two more CBs.  Toler will only play 4 games before injured....so we would need a backup for Browner...:)  Get it?  My groin hurts...

footballers_groin2.jpg

I dont think they will be able to land him, Pats never really lock up Corners long term since the Asante Samuel days and i think Browner is looking for something long term. I think he will sign else where. Falcons, Browns, Raiders, Philly, and the Giants are all in need of a tough physical CB. 

He's still a massive upgrade over Toler. 

I want Toler replace as much as the next guy. but i disagree. Toler was Ok before the injury after hte injury he was pretty bad like real bad, which is why i guess people only remember how much he sucked.

The upgrade i see is health. he has been healthier. the downside he is suspended for 4 games and 1 suspension away for retiring

Awesome. :thmup:

He was being bashed up and down yesterday until Revis then he was back to being the genius hoodie. Have to love the media. ;)

i dont understand bashing belichick

i hate him as a colt's fan but you have to admire the man's mind he's a strategist and a very good coach not the happiest looking guy in the world but im sure he smiles when he cashes that check lmao although he should know the lombardi is going home to indy this year. but much respect to him and his team now back to hating him.

i dont understand bashing belichick

i hate him as a colt's fan but you have to admire the man's mind he's a strategist and a very good coach not the happiest looking guy in the world but im sure he smiles when he cashes that check lmao although he should know the lombardi is going home to indy this year. but much respect to him and his team now back to hating him.

Because the media is vile. Such is life. ;)

at least the media has coverage on your team we're either ignored hear how great luck is or are criticized about every part of our team

I hear ya. Most of our coverage unfortunately for all our teams is negative. I like the Colts and being under the radar is not a bad thing.

If the Pats do sign Browner they will be loaded at the CB position. Revis, Browner, Dennard, Ryan, and Arrington. Wonder if they might release one of Dennard or Arrington?

Sounds like the Patriots aren't messing around this year.

If they get Browner they would have the best CB tandem in the league. I still don't think it would be enough to beat the Broncos or the Colts because they're going to lose Eldeman and Blount, Gronk and Amendola both can't stay healthy. I know they beat us last year but without Blount and Eldeman they won't be the same team.

If they get Browner they would have the best CB tandem in the league. I still don't think it would be enough to beat the Broncos or the Colts because they're going to lose Eldeman and Blount, Gronk and Amendola both can't stay healthy. I know they beat us last year but without Blount and Eldeman they won't be the same team.

they wont skip a beat without Blount.  if amendola is healthy, edelman is their 4th WR behind Dobson, Amendola, and their other rookie that I can't seem to remember's name.  pats are gonna be better than last year

Browner is average.

True but he wouldn't need to be great with Revis and McCourtney. The thought here is the Pats would use him at safety. Not sure how he would be there in that spot but that makes the most sense as he has the size the Pats need. Not sure about his range though. Do you know how he might fair at safety?

AM is onto something... chatter is they want to use him at SS.

I like the starting backfield of Revis, Dennard, McCourty, and Browner. A lot. 

Arrington and Logan Ryan come in for sub-packages.

If that's your secondary, then the pass rush is going to improve with the pieces you already have.