Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts to possibly trade for DeSean Jackson? (Rumor)

1959Colts

This was found in another posting. I thought it deserved its own spot.

Philadelphia Eagles Rumors: DeSean Jackson Trade To Chiefs or Colts Option

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/28180/20140310/philadelphia-eagles-rumors-desean-jackson-trade-to-chiefs-or-colts-option-as-lamarr-woodley-demarcus-ware-targets-if-released.htm

What is Grigson going to give up now?

2015's number one pick?

I don't see us trading for DeSean Jackson.

Why?

Because we already have DeSean Jackson on our roster -- at least, a poor man's version of him.

His name is T.Y. Hilton.

He's not quite as good....  but he's much more affordable....   and much better in the locker-room.

Plus....   I don't see a reason for the Colts to pay full price.    And that's what the Eagles would want.    Full price.   The Eagles, and Chip Kelly, value speed at every position and that's what DS gives them. 

I don't see this happening...........   doesn't add up.

It's a rumor. It's probably just speculation due to Grigson's history with the Eagles. We already have TY...

Yep...the only 2 teams they mentioned were Colts (because of Grigson) and Chiefs (because of Reid).  It was nothing but pure speculation from the author.

Why?

Because we already have DeSean Jackson on our roster -- at least, a poor man's version of him.

His name is T.Y. Hilton.

He's not quite as good....  but he's much more affordable....   and much better in the locker-room.

Plus....   I don't see a reason for the Colts to pay full price.    And that's what the Eagles would want.    Full price.   The Eagles, and Chip Kelly, value speed at every position and that's what DS gives them. 

I agree with your overall point.  But, I don't think there is enough difference between TY and DJ to even classify TY as a poor mans DJ.  I think by the end of next season there could be a legitimate debate on who is better.

-- So back to the topic I agree NO to Desean Jackson ...we do not need 2 of the same players.

Why?

His name is T.Y. Hilton.

Actually it says Chip DOES NOT like small receivers. They extended Cooper, clearly they like him, and Like Maclin.

At $10M per the next 2 years and $8.5M in 2016 Chip has Reason to Dump the Salary and the player.

80 + catches, 1300+ yards 9 TD`s.

TY only had 5 productive games last season and 3 were against Dog Teams.

I don`t LIKE Jackson! So!

TY isn`t an every down player? We rotated him out Plenty. Having BOTH would be Dangerous and would make for a MORE Open underneath game for Fleenr, Allen, Reggie, and TRICH might avg 4yds. ;) He ADDS Huge value.

As much as they Want a lot for him, they also WANT to dump the HUGE Salary. and IMO we DO need another SPEED receiver.

His higher salary the next two years with a drop in 2016 is a perfect fit at this time.

And Andrew throws just the right Long Ball to hit this guy! Griggs should give this SERIOUS consideration.

A YES for me. A 3rd this year and next and Brazill. yeehaa! just chatter