Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

D'Qwell Jackson Agrees To Terms With The Colts

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ehhhh... if at the right price seems like an OK move. I'm a McNary fan so maybe that Saints my opinion a bit. 

I like McNary too.  I will welcome D'Qwell and see where we go from here.

Smells like WR now in the draft....DL still in FA?  Interesting....

"...D'Qwell Jackson... his arrival ends a brief tour around the league looking for a new team after being released by the Browns. Jackson will be reunited with last year’s Browns coach Rob Chudzinski, who took a job as a special assistant to head coach Chuck Pagano. Pagano also saw a lot of Jackson over the years when he was on the Ravens staff.

Jackson should plug into the Colts lineup next to Jerrell Freeman and should be an upgrade from what the Colts got from a variety of players filling the position in 2013. The Titans, Broncos and Dolphins also met with Jackson, but will have to look elsewhere for help at linebacker." - PFT

I like McNary too.  I will welcome D'Qwell and see where we go from here.

Smells like WR now in the draft....DL still in FA?  Interesting....

Still have the C position to address , Thomas return shores up the guard spot a bit. Safety...? Holes to fill yet no doubt

NFL Network

Ok, cool.

I dont know a ton about him. Is he good?

We have a thread about him http://forums.colts.com/topic/26797-browns-release-lb-dqwell-jackson/

In it I said: "Remember, Cleveland still has a lot of cap room and they were willing to let him walk. Sounds like he is a likable, classy guy but not necessarily a force at the line. Apparently he was rated by PFF as the 7th worst ILB against the run last year. Most of his tackles came downfield and it sounds like he is better suited to a 4/3. Just what I'm reading from Cleveland fans."

Still have the C position to address , Thomas return shores up the guard spot a bit. Safety...? Holes to fill yet no doubt

Yep, and center has to come via FA....unless the Colts know for some reason Holmes is ready.

Up next.....a Vontae Davis announcement.!!

Without doubt an upgrade on what we had at a reasonable price I would think. Also provides leadership and could be a good mentor to McNary and his future development.

I agree. I like the addition from a personnel standpoint. By all accounts, he is a high character guy and great teammate. I don't know enough yet about his skill set to be happy or mad about the on the field product.

4 Years, 22 Million, 11 Million guarenteed

Great for the competition at ILB. 4 years is more than what I expected, but we have to wait and see how it is structured.

As far as D'Qwell as a player, I think he'll fit in nicely at ILB. Compete with McNary, and we'll see who comes out on top. At worst he'll be quality depth.

Ok, cool.

We have a thread about him http://forums.colts.com/topic/26797-browns-release-lb-dqwell-jackson/

In it I said: "Remember, Cleveland still has a lot of cap room and they were willing to let him walk. Sounds like he is a likable, classy guy but not necessarily a force at the line. Apparently he was rated by PFF as the 7th worst ILB against the run last year. Most of his tackles came downfield and it sounds like he is better suited to a 4/3. Just what I'm reading from Cleveland fans."

Perhaps his production was affected by playing in a new defensive scheme under Ray Horton.  I'd be interested to see his rankings for previous years.

G, C, WR, DE, OLB and CB should be upgraded next with ILB out of the picture. And we have plenty of cap space and enough draft picks to do so.

Remember people, the signing of D'Qwell is basically our way of using the raised cap. Think of it as the cap had never been raised.

Exactly. He's a veteran stopgap who will renogotiate or be cut to save money right when Luck, Hilton etc are due to be paid. We get a veteran leader/adequate starter in the meantime. Like this deal.

Bobby Jefferson II@CampJefferson 3m

Relax it's a great deal. Look at the Guaranteed number $11mil. So $5.5m owed in 2014 and 2015 and that's it..it's basically a 2yr Deal ppl!

Interesting..I hope we cut Angerer now and keep McNary

Angerer is a FA. Doesn't have to cut him. He's just not gonna be resigned. McNary is under contract, no worried about him.

I Like the fact the Grigson is creating competition at ILB. Freeman, Jackson, McNary, Muamba.