Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs Falcons Prediction Thread

theking213

Week 9 Atlanta Falcons (4-3) @ Indianapolis Colts (0-8)

After starting 2-3 the Falcons have rebounded with 2 straight wins against the Panthers and the Lions.

Julio Jones is set to make his return this Sunday. All indications are that his hamstring is fine. Fresh off the bye, he gets a matchup with the Colts, whose secondary is terrible. Like Jimmy Graham of the Saints, The Colts don't have anyone who can cover him well.

Then there's Roddy White....and Tony Gonzales...... :hide:

Matt Ryan has been sub-par so far this season, especially on the road. So we need Freeney and Mathis to play lights out like they did against the Steelers. Matt Ryan is one of the most sacked QBs in the league.

Michael Turner has four 100-yard games so far. Expect a lot of him Sunday.

A look at the overall ranks

Colts

tumblr_lu16g2l9v61r4hv14o1_500.jpg

Falcons

tumblr_lu16glSVJV1r4hv14o1_500.jpg

Prediction

:falcons: 34

:1colts: 20

I would love to see a Colts win (and a Dolphins win ^_^ ) but I just don't see it happening this week. The Colts have kept games close at home, only to fail in the 2nd half so I see this being close again at the beginning and then Atlanta pulling away late.

But like the Rams showed: Any Given Sunday, you never know.

Michael "The Burner" Turner is the type of back the Colts hate. He's a short, tough running back who's best described as a bowling ball. Expect a big game out of him. What's worse, Matt Ryan is not an incompetent QB, and if the Colts fail to account for him, he will spell trouble for our secondary, especially in conjunction with Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez, and Roddy White. I suspect the Falcons will sell the playaction very effectively off a great game from Turner.

There's no way we win this one. It wont even be close. Even if one side of our ball has a good game, the other side will let the other one down, horrendously.

Falcons - 29

Colts - 7

Colts lose 34-6 and Irsay has 200 worthless tweets about nothing to help the team.

You mean like "fire Caldwell?" I don't know, I think that's a pretty productive team decision to me.

colts are gonna lose this game unless the receivers can run some crisp routes and catch balls... defense is putrid agasint balanced teams so id sa 31-28 falcons

And assuming Curtis Painter can throw a beautiful deep pass. His deep pass accuracy is not very good, and I think the Colts know it, hence all the bubble screens, slants, and other short completions.

Edited by ReMeDy

Hey guys, Falcons fan here. I would change that avatar to a Falcons logo, but not worth the time, I won't be back after this week.

Anyway, the way this game turns out will hinge on whether your defense can stop Turner. If we get Turner going, it will be a long day. If Matt Ryan has to throw 40 times, it could get ugly for us. Matt Ryan does not do well against teams that can get pressure w/ just 4 defensive linemen. Try to blitz him and he'll rip you apart. Freeney and Mathis will create nightmares for our offense if we're forced to pass a lot.

On the other side of the ball, we'll give up yards through the air, but our DB's do create turnovers, especially Brent Grimes. I don't expect to see you guys get much on the ground. You've struggled running the ball all year, and our D has stepped in up a notch on run defense the last few games.

My prediction is you won't stop Turner (at least I'm hoping) but the Colts keep it close. Atlanta wins 24-17.

Hey guys, Falcons fan here. I would change that avatar to a Falcons logo, but not worth the time, I won't be back after this week.

Anyway, the way this game turns out will hinge on whether your defense can stop Turner. If we get Turner going, it will be a long day. If Matt Ryan has to throw 40 times, it could get ugly for us. Matt Ryan does not do well against teams that can get pressure w/ just 4 defensive linemen. Try to blitz him and he'll rip you apart. Freeney and Mathis will create nightmares for our offense if we're forced to pass a lot.

On the other side of the ball, we'll give up yards through the air, but our DB's do create turnovers, especially Brent Grimes. I don't expect to see you guys get much on the ground. You've struggled running the ball all year, and our D has stepped in up a notch on run defense the last few games.

My prediction is you won't stop Turner (at least I'm hoping) but the Colts keep it close. Atlanta wins 24-17.

Yeah, I don't think you'll have anything to worry about. Coyer blitz? hahahaha... Here's to a clean game without significant injuries. You'll be treated well at LOS

Michael "The Burner" Turner is the type of back the Colts hate. He's a short, tough running back who's best described as a bowling ball. Expect a big game out of him. What's worse, Matt Ryan is not an incompetent QB, and if the Colts fail to account for him, he will spell trouble for our secondary, especially in conjunction with Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez, and Roddy White. I suspect the Falcons will sell the playaction very effectively off a great game from Turner.

There's no way we win this one. It wont even be close. Even if one side of our ball has a good game, the other side will let the other one down, horrendously.

Falcons - 29

Colts - 7

You mean like "fire Caldwell?" I don't know, I think that's a pretty productive team decision to me.

And assuming Curtis Painter can throw a beautiful deep pass. His deep pass accuracy is not very good, and I think the Colts know it, hence all the bubble screens, slants, and other short completions.

Painter can throw the deep pass and he's pretty accurate.. idk how you came up with the fact that his deep pass wasnt very good. The bubble screens is because of garcons skills just like they throw screens to wes welker.. its to take advantage of your skill players skills... sooo yea your kinda.. wrong.

Hey guys, another falcon fan here. I agree with the other 1. Ryan does not do well vs teams who get pressure. Also we are coming off a bye so we should be well rested. But like the playoffs that may not be a good thing for us.

We have played some sloppy ball this season and made way to many penalties that have almost cost us games.

Our FB (probably the best in the NFL, im partial though) just got hurt and is out for the season. That could maybe hurt us in the run game. So Turner may not be as effective as normal. We still give up way to many points and can make any team look like all stars no matter how rough they are doing. So expect the game to be close.

This game could very well come down to the last drive of the game to decide a winner. Falcons tend to have that issue with every team it seams like.

White who is a pro bowl wr has the most drops in the NFL (i think). Jones while coming along great for us as a weapon is still new and we are trying to figure out how to use him in our system.

So normally i never visit other team message boards. I wanted to stop by here and say keep your chins high. Your a great franchise and fun to watch (when your not playing us of course). Dont let your record get you all down. Falcon fans have been there and we understand what its like to have those tough years when things just don't go your way.

Here is hoping for a clean game and a good game and no injuries to either team.

Hey guys, another falcon fan here. I agree with the other 1. Ryan does not do well vs teams who get pressure. Also we are coming off a bye so we should be well rested. But like the playoffs that may not be a good thing for us.

We have played some sloppy ball this season and made way to many penalties that have almost cost us games.

Our FB (probably the best in the NFL, im partial though) just got hurt and is out for the season. That could maybe hurt us in the run game. So Turner may not be as effective as normal. We still give up way to many points and can make any team look like all stars no matter how rough they are doing. So expect the game to be close.

This game could very well come down to the last drive of the game to decide a winner. Falcons tend to have that issue with every team it seams like.

White who is a pro bowl wr has the most drops in the NFL (i think). Jones while coming along great for us as a weapon is still new and we are trying to figure out how to use him in our system.

So normally i never visit other team message boards. I wanted to stop by here and say keep your chins high. Your a great franchise and fun to watch (when your not playing us of course). Dont let your record get you all down. Falcon fans have been there and we understand what its like to have those tough years when things just don't go your way.

Here is hoping for a clean game and a good game and no injuries to either team.

Our pass rush has been spotty of late,but that is mainly because we are behind early and often.

Our pass rush has been spotty of late,but that is mainly because we are behind early and often.

We often wonder if we have 1 at all. Its been getting better for us but both our oline and dline is work in progress. But each week we seem to be improving. But still far away from being a team who is scary.

Falcons 24-13

24-14 sounds close our even 21-24. in a late 4th quarter field goal in the last min to take the lead.

We give up some points as well and even with the lead we tend to not be aggressive in the second half. We had the packers on the ropes until half time. After that we gave up and everything went wrong.

While the NFC South is up for grabs right now, we have not been the scary team that our record might suggest we are from last season.

The rams just showed the Saints no game is a easy game when you get pressure.

Painter can throw the deep pass and he's pretty accurate.. idk how you came up with the fact that his deep pass wasnt very good. The bubble screens is because of garcons skills just like they throw screens to wes welker.. its to take advantage of your skill players skills... sooo yea your kinda.. wrong.

I agree. I think (correction...hope) the bubble screens are due to lack of faith in the OL to protect long enough for deeper routes to develop. If Castanzo and Diem both play then that may change and hopefully they open up the playbook more.

IMO it all comes down to what Coyer decides to try to stop. If he play-calls to stop the run (minimal DT stunting and less tampa 2), then I think they'll contain (not shut down....contain) Turner. If they try to stop the pass (more DT stunting and more tampa 2) then the Falcons will move the ball up and down the field in similar manner to what the Saints did.

If the Colts run the ball more, utilize play action and maybe incorporate some bootlegs (maybe the scrambles last week will show this could be effective) and if the OL can provide even average protection then I think the offense will be able to move the ball and keep the game close.

So basically this call comes down to the game plan and play-calling by both Clyde and Larry and my faith in them is minimal at best. However, if by some miracle both of them game plan and playcall effectively then I think the Colts can pull out a win. That said, I predict another Colts loss.

Edited by Jason