Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs Falcons Prediction Thread

theking213

it is good to see some humble opponents (fans) in here providing useful conversation

well done falcon fans i think the you will torch us and end up going 11-5

approx: m.ryan = 8th best QB, r.white = 4th best WR, m.turner = 5th best RB, t.gonzalez = 6th best TE (bloody good offense)

I think it might be alittle closer than people suspect because the Colts should be sick and tired of looking like the worst team in NFL history in the last two games. That being said I still think the Falcons will win.

Falcons 35

Colts 23

Yay only a 12 pt loss to a good team, 4 quarter collapse as usual.

Edited by Malakai432

I just see the Falcons offense having a field day with our offense. Julio Jones and Roddy White are going to eat our crappy corners alive. Gonzo is going to have a nice match up because our linebackers now are not the best in coverage. I do not think Turner will go nuts, but they are going to pound the ball on our smaller defense as well.

Falcons 31

Colts 13

Here is 2 video previews for this weeks match up that where posted on the Falcons MB. But critics like us can be wrong (i bet none of them predicted the rams to beat the saints last week).

The mains points though i agree with. The falcons will try and if they can, will take a early lead and camp on run game for the entire first half. Forcing the colts to go pass only and here is where the falcons give up the points. The falcons have alot on the line as the bucs and saints play each other this week as well.

Pass rush and stopping the run is gonna be keys. Get pressure and slow the falcons down in the 1st and the game gets alot easier for the colts. If the falcons get more than 1 score ahead, they can milk the clock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m8I5tpMcNE&feature=player_embedded

Falcons are not a team who score 40+ points often. But falcons are the team who prevent high scoring teams from doing that as well. By keeping their O off the field. No way should this game be a blow out and it could even be a back to back change up on who is winning. But the Falcons are a well rounded team and while not a high scoring team. The are very good at controlling the clock and where they stand in the game.

If the colts find a way to go 14 up on the falcons. That would be ideal case for them. The falcons wont abandon the run, but the will speed up and thats when Ryan getting pressure might make a turnover that could cost the game.

Playing the falcons is best no to get frustrated by them and how slow things move. If the falcons are not making mistakes and are not making turnovers, the colts need to do the same. The falcons almost never lose when turner goes over 100 yards and they win the turnover ratio.

So if the Colts dont turn it over and put 21 points on the board, this game could come down to 3 or less points. Colts need to match what the falcons do and keep some gas in the tank for the 4th Q. If they do they will have shots to win or at very least be in it until the end.

If the colts come out gun blazing, that would be a bad move. Painter and company might have a stellar stat day, but the falcons love making a team 1 dimensional and not worry about the run at all. While its exciting to watch, its not the best formula vs them. If the colts have any balance and can keep the falcons worried about a run in the second half, the deep pass will be a option (trust me.... there might be 2 colts running wide open without a falcon in 15 yards). Thats when the colts could come right back and get back in it.

While the colts have the weapons to match the falcons and kryptonite for ryan in pass rushers. The falcons are a very well rounded team who have been improving every week from their horrible play to start the season. The NFC South is also on the line and the bucs and Siants are all in a dog fight for it. I still have to say the falcons take this in a close, close game.

For those thinking the falcons will blow the colts out. Only way that happens is if the colts are making turnovers. The falcons will not go high powered high scoring O unless they have to. So only extra points they could get would be on turnovers and short fields.

If the colts find a way to go 14 up on the falcons. That would be ideal case for them. The falcons wont abandon the run, but the will speed up and thats when Ryan getting pressure might make a turnover that could cost the game.

I think the Colts can accomplish the bolded part in the first half with the game being at home and force Ryan to throw more than they wanted, at least I am hoping. Our run D has been deceptively good and I think we have a greater chance of limiting the Falcons' run than their passing game, based on how we have played most of the year. The Saints game - everything went out the window, so I count that as an aberration.

The final score will be something like Falcons 34 Colts 20-27, a little more high scoring than the Falcons want it to be, IMO.

Edited by chad72

@Chad72:

If the Colts can go up 14 and limit (not even total stop) the run game. It will cause the falcons not to play the way they like to play. That benefits the colts a lot.

If the game stays within 7 points, it favors the falcons to win. Its the way we play and are very good at winning those close games. If it goes high scoring, while we have the weapons and the tools to do it, we arent that team normally and that favors the colts. But even if Ryan throws for 150 yards and Painter throws for 300, if the score stays close. It favors us even if we play like doo doo. If the game goes high scoring it favors you all.

Now if the game is close and goes high scoring all game, it could be tough to call. Like constant lead changes. But if you all can get ahead 14, that can really disrupt us and if you all have any form of pass rush. That could be deadly to the falcons. We just are not a very good hurry up team, even though our no huddle works great for us.

But coming off the bye and with the South on the line. It favors the falcons to be rested and motivated. This game has meaning to the falcons and is almost a must win for them to stay in contention for the South with playing the saints the following week.

I think you guys are way over estimating our offense. Yes we have a good QB and yes we have play makers all over the field. But for some reason (OL) we haven't put it together. All offseason the falcons FO talked about being more explosive. We drafted Julio Jones as our deep threat, and the first few games we tried to force the deep pass and Matt Ryan daing near got killed. With Julio out, we went back to what we do best...pound Turner and throw 8 yard passes to White and Gonzo. I'm very interested in seeing how we use Julio Jones now that he's back. Hopefully we stick to pounding Turner, and our braindead OC figures out Julio is not Randy Moss. He's more of a TO type WR that can make YAC all day.

I live in Indiana so I've seen plenty of Colts game. As bad as things have been, the Colts are a different team at home. It'll be a close game. I could see it being one of those games where the final score does not tell the story. I think it'll be very tight until the 4th, and I see ATL putting some points up late and getting some late turnovers. Kind of like we did against Carolina. But I won't be surprised if the Colts pull off the upset. If we fall behind early, Freeney and Mathis will eat our OL and Matt Ryan for lunch.

The Colts are 13-1 all-time against the Falcons, They're at home, with a bye coming up but, they somehow find a way to lose 27-24 in overtime. :wall:

Yeah but you all have 1 of the best (if not the best) QB`s in the NFL watching from the sideline. Any team who loses their starting QB suffers and 1 so important to how you all run that style of O. Everyone knows that sucks and tough to handle.

You all might have a bye coming up, but we are coming out of ours. That record of 13-1 will probably help motivate the falcons as well (but i wouldnt be shocked if that 1 win was without Manning playing).

If this game goes to over time, thats a good start for the colts. Its hard to find positives when you lose (trust me, we had fans wanting to sell the entire franchise after the first 3 weeks of this season). get something going and things might turn around though.

Whats bad for you all is if you start winning, you will probably not make the playoffs and you all probably will not get that #1 pick. Its kinda a tough spot for fans. Us falcon fans know what its like to have tough years our 07 was 1 of the worst in NFL history (all the crap that went wrong).

Your QB is hurt, ours was in prison :(

But i like Manning and when he is ready to go, i think you all should keep him. No reason you all cant draft a backup if there is 1 you all like though. We had Vick and Schuab and we still went and got Ryan.

Of course i cant root for the colts to win this week, but i do hope things turn around (i really am tired of the steelers, ravens and pats). But i like the colts and the franchise.

Been pretty good with my predictions all year so far. All winners correct, and been about 1/3 with my stats. So here goes for this week.

Painter 17/34 189 2td 2int

Ryan 22/27 283 3td

Garçon 4/76 td

White 6/124 td

Jones 4/86 td

TonyG 5/68

Turner 22/123 td

Carter 17/78

Falcons dominate both sides of the ball. Slowly plodding down the field with Turner, then sprinkling a little aerial game in between long rushing drives. ToP will play well for ATL. Colts will eventually start pushing the ball down the field, but a little to late and only after ATL has put the game out of reach.

Falcons win. 34-20

We need a turn around, and we need it now. The whole NFL has no hope for us, and unfortunately, neither do most of our fans, but this is the perfect time to shock everyone. I think the defense's performance is crucial; we've seen it in the 2006 playoffs, and hopefully we'll see it now: our defense creating a comeback. Freeney, Mathis, Bethea, and Angerer are my key guys. The Falcons may just not know what's heading to em.

Colts will win this game. Mark my words. They are ticked off something awful and our defense can stop Turner (we just stopped Johnson, right?) So yea, look for a landslide victory over the inconsistent Falcons and Matt Ryan. They really do stink.

I couldn't agree with you more. We've seen it before, and I think we'll see it happen again: Indy deserves this time

Been pretty good with my predictions all year so far. All winners correct, and been about 1/3 with my stats. So here goes for this week.

Painter 17/34 189 2td 2int 13/27 98 0 1int...eh could have been better....

Ryan 22/27 283 3td 14/24 275 3 1......Feel pretty good about that one.......

Garçon 4/76 td 3/22....eeek

White 6/124 td 4/76....eh

Jones 4/86 td 3/131/1....great game

TonyG 5/68 4/361td.....eh

Turner 22/123 td 19/71 td....I figured he'd break a 30+yds and he didnt...Rodgers did...

Carter 17/78 4/8......fumble ruined that game....

Falcons dominate both sides of the ball. Slowly plodding down the field with Turner, then sprinkling a little aerial game in between long rushing drives. ToP will play well for ATL. Colts will eventually start pushing the ball down the field, but a little to late and only after ATL has put the game out of reach. We didn't even get garbage time pity. Which is where I was expecting most of our points to come from. 1 td and it was Defensive. Pathetic Colts. But ATL dominated ToP 37-22. Horrible showing by the 0-9 Colts. Good win for ATL. Good luck to them in the future.

Falcons win. 34-20 Falcons Win. 31-7. No garbage time pity.