Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mark Brunell haha

Colts_Fan12

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He thinks Russel Wilson Colin Kapernick and Cam Newton are better QBs then Luck lmao

Thats his opinion

I watched & thought okay both were good enough to lead there teams into the Superbowl maybe thats why he chose them ahead of Luck but when Cam Newton went up there he lost all credibility in my opinion .

IMO RG3  Newton Kap & Wilson can have the hype Andrew Luck does'nt need it give him a team around him like Seattle & San Fran .

And watch the Colts turn into the next great team whose bandwagon the media jumps on .

They are all good young QBs.  The difference between Luck and the rest of the group is his ability to improve.  I don't see Cam Newton or Kap continuing to get better every year...  They are what they are but Luck will continue to get better EVERY season.

Luck has a different mentality than almost any other QB.  Brunnell may be right that, at this point, Luck is worse than those guys.... BUT he will become the best of the group and I truly feel he will be the best in the NFL about 3 years from now.

Guessing game!

QB A: 58%comp 3197yds/21Tds/8Ints  524rush/4Tds....416att

QB B: 61%comp 3379yds/24Tds/13int  585rush/6Tds....473att

QB C: 60%comp 3822yds/23Td/9int   377rush/4Tds....570att

QB D: 63%comp 3357yds/26Td/9int  539rush/1Td...407att

I'd go with QBs C and D.

Higher completion percentage and higher TD to INT ratio, that wins most games. But QB D's low passing attempts suggests he had a good supporting cast on the run front or he ran more. But for QB C, having 60% completion with such a higher number of attempts is commendable.

I could'nt find it but interestingly enough IMO his opinion is worth less -

The former Jaguar QB's last opinion was the Jaguars are relocating to London .

Yeah I am surprised a thread was started on his opinion. Ha.

But this will go on forever. Right now the other guys have enjoyed more success then Luck and also have the better teams. I actually like Luck's chances because he is the only one in the AFC and he should be able to go deep into the playoffs every year once Brady and Manning are gone. Although I am interested to see who Houston drafts this year as that QB may end up being a rival for Andrew.

They are all good young QBs.  The difference between Luck and the rest of the group is his ability to improve.  I don't see Cam Newton or Kap continuing to get better every year...  They are what they are but Luck will continue to get better EVERY season.

Luck has a different mentality than almost any other QB.  Brunnell may be right that, at this point, Luck is worse than those guys.... BUT he will become the best of the group and I truly feel he will be the best in the NFL about 3 years from now.

Why wouldn't Cam and Newton continue to improve? I would argue that Cam had the most improvement of all of them from last year to this year and all have excellent coaching too.

I think most people outside of Indianapolis think that. I am from Indy so I don't but I can see where people would.

How coincidental is it that the three above mentioned QBs are on teams with top 5 defenses and are in offenses that focus on establishing the run game?

I guess, as you've mentioned, people outside of Indy see the obvious and don't dig deeper to develop their opinions.

But this will go on forever. Right now the other guys have enjoyed more success then Luck and also have the better teams. I actually like Luck's chances because he is the only one in the AFC and he should be able to go deep into the playoffs every year once Brady and Manning are gone. Although I am interested to see who Houston drafts this year as that QB may end up being a rival for Andrew.

Manziel  & he'll fail

How coincidental is it that the three above mentioned QBs are on teams with top 5 defenses and are in offenses that focus on establishing the run game?

I guess, as you've mentioned, people outside of Indy see the obvious and don't dig deeper to develop their opinions.

Cam Newton's team was much worse that Indy when he came on board and it had been for a while. Yes, the other two were drafted into good situations but I don't think you should punish them because they play for teams that decided to develop a defense and an offensive line before drafting their franchise QB. They will be way ahead of Indy for years because of taking that approach. Once Indy starts having to pay Luck the big bucks, they will have more and more trouble fielding a good defense to go along with him. Luck came to a team that was only one year away from being 10-6 and being in the playoffs. I look for Houston to rebound big time this year and winning that division and going 6-0 will not be as easy as it was this year.

Why wouldn't Cam and Newton continue to improve? I would argue that Cam had the most improvement of all of them from last year to this year and all have excellent coaching too.

In his 3'rd year yes . Comparing his first 2 seasons to the young guns  only 2 seasons seems more fair to me .

You might be right maybe Newton year 1 & 3 good  but not year 2 , While the players your comparing him to have had  great year 2's so IMO its took him 3 years to accomplish what the 2012 rookies have . That IMO puts him out of any top ten .

He's like RG3 last year 1 good season does'nt make you special be consistent .

I'd argue that Luck has had more success than Newton.  2 playoff appearances, 1 playoff win, 1 division title in 2 years > 1 playoff appearance and 1 division title in 3.  Of these 4, the only one I think would have any chance to carry a weaker team other than Luck is Wilson. Newton doesn't have the leadership skills and I'm not convinced Kaepernick is very good.  

On another note, it's too soon to judge what the AFC will be once Manning and Brady retire.  Right now it looks quite weak, but the NFC West looked like a joke 3 years ago and is now the toughest division in the NFL by far.

I would easily take Wilson over Luck at the moment, his accuracy is better.

Brunell wasn't a bad QB in his prime.

I am totally lost on Kaepernick. He single handedly cost the Niners a trip to the Super Bowl. Those turnovers against Seattle were uncalled for. The two interceptions he knew the guys were double covered. The third one was just down right horrible, and not to mention that fumble.

The Niners are not ever going to win anything with him as quarterback.

lol oh brother. Not only is Luck better than those guys, but he's better than Brunell ever was!

Brunnel was pretty decent and played before Polian had the rules changed to protect Stats Manning.

Wilson sees things quicker and is more accurate than Luck so that is no contest who is better at this time.

I haven`t watched Newton really but it wouldn`t be hard for him to have an advantage in those 2 areas also.

Kap has lots of talent for sure, but I would estimate he is more like Andrew, give or take on a given Sunday.

The League seems to Maintain a core of 4-7 Top QB`s over time and these guys can all be part of the Banter for years to come.

Wilson had No Int.`s in the Playoffs, Andrew looked like a DUNCE.

In Mannings SB Win Playoffs he had 3 Touchdowns and 7 Int.`s. That with Reggie left Totally uncovered in the SB for his one SB TD Pass. One and Dones, Pittsburg, San Diego, etc., This SB - woof woof! ;-)

In his 3'rd year yes . Comparing his first 2 seasons to the young guns  only 2 seasons seems more fair to me .

You might be right maybe Newton year 1 & 3 good  but not year 2 , While the players your comparing him to have had  great year 2's so IMO its took him 3 years to accomplish what the 2012 rookies have . That IMO puts him out of any top ten .

He's like RG3 last year 1 good season does'nt make you special be consistent .

Newton had a very good rookie season as well. And his team was horrendous his first two seasons. This year though by far was his coming out party. I see no reason why he won't continue to improve which was the discussion point. Hopefully they put some more talent around him on the offensive side as Smith is a dinosaur ...

Brunnel was pretty decent and played before Polian had the rules changed to protect Stats Manning.

Wilson sees things quicker and is more accurate than Luck so that is no contest who is better at this time.

I haven`t watched Newton really but it wouldn`t be hard for him to have an advantage in those 2 areas also.

Kap has lots of talent for sure, but I would estimate he is more like Andrew, give or take on a given Sunday.

The League seems to Maintain a core of 4-7 Top QB`s over time and these guys can all be part of the Banter for years to come.

Wilson had No Int.`s in the Playoffs, Andrew looked like a DUNCE.

In Mannings SB Win Playoffs he had 3 Touchdowns and 7 Int.`s. That with Reggie left Totally uncovered in the SB for his one SB TD Pass. One and Dones, Pittsburg, San Diego, etc., This SB - woof woof! ;-)

1. Ok yes, Brunell was good. No argument there. I'd equate him to other QBs of his era such as Drew Bledsoe, Donovan McNabb, and Rich Gannon. Good QBs who maybe could have but never did achieved greatness.

2. Luck did not look like a dunce. In fact, aside from 1 of his picks in the KC game and 2 against New England, I'd go so far as to say he looked downright amazing. Luck > WIlson. A lot of Luck's INTs were flukes, the fault of the recievers or O-line. Yes, like I said before a few were poor decision making and completely on him. But if you're going to consider the INTs at least also that Wilson only threw for 174 yards per game this post season to Luck's 387. His job as a game manager is much easier than having to be the guy to go out there and win it like Luck does. If Luck and Wilson switched teams the Seahawks would still have won the superbowl and the Colts probably would have stumbled into the playoffs with 8 or 9 wins and never mounted that comeback against KC.

Guessing game!

QB A: 58%comp 3197yds/21Tds/8Ints  524rush/4Tds....416att

QB B: 61%comp 3379yds/24Tds/13int  585rush/6Tds....473att

QB C: 60%comp 3822yds/23Td/9int   377rush/4Tds....570att

QB D: 63%comp 3357yds/26Td/9int  539rush/1Td...407att

You should also list how productive each QB's rushing attack was.

Guessing game!

QB A: 58%comp 3197yds/21Tds/8Ints 524rush/4Tds....416att

QB B: 61%comp 3379yds/24Tds/13int 585rush/6Tds....473att

QB C: 60%comp 3822yds/23Td/9int 377rush/4Tds....570att

QB D: 63%comp 3357yds/26Td/9int 539rush/1Td...407att

You use terrible stats. No offense.

You think he's alone in that view?

He's not.

Just because no one here agrees with that opinion, doesn't mean Brunell doesn't have lots of people agreeing with him....

He is almost completely alone in that assessment....by people that know the game.

You do make an excellent point amfootball. Once Peyton & Brady step off the football field forever, the true field general frontrunner will be really fascinating to watch. CK & RW are nowhere close to that plateau if you ask me. CK's accuracy fluctuates & RW won his 1st ring via defense. 

I suspect the usual names of Brees, Rogers, Luck, Eli Manning, & Rivers will compete for that illustrious title of clear cut, dominate QB leader. I do wonder though if Phillip Rivers will miss his OC now in Tennessee Ken Whisenhunt though. Rivers seemed to mesh well with Ken. 

You should also list how productive each QB's rushing attack was.

Sure thing boss.....taking away each QBs rushing attempts/yards:

Colts: 346/1366 at 3.9ypc

Sea: 413/1649 at 3.9ypc

Car: 372-1441 at 3.8ypc

SF: 413-1677 at 4.0ypc 

You use terrible stats. No offense.

Nothing wrong with raw numbers brochacho. We can use stats that make up down, and right left, make DMC look like the best RB in the league, or algorithm that predicts Manziel will be the best ever....Show me your STATS. 

Sure thing boss.....taking away each QBs rushing attempts/yards:

Colts: 346/1366 at 3.9ypc

Sea: 413/1649 at 3.9ypc

Car: 372-1441 at 3.8ypc

SF: 413-1677 at 4.0ypc 

Nothing wrong with raw numbers brochacho. We can use stats that make up down, and right left, make DMC look like the best RB in the league, or algorithm that predicts Manziel will be the best ever....Show me your STATS.

Volume stats are literally useless. I'm not arguing whatever your point is.

I would easily take Wilson over Luck at the moment, his accuracy is better.

Brunell wasn't a bad QB in his prime.

I am totally lost on Kaepernick. He single handedly cost the Niners a trip to the Super Bowl. Those turnovers against Seattle were uncalled for. The two interceptions he knew the guys were double covered. The third one was just down right horrible, and not to mention that fumble.

The Niners are not ever going to win anything with him as quarterback.

The thing you need to remember about RW is that Pete Carroll isn't asking him to carry the team or be the eraser of mistakes like Chuck Pagano is calling upon Luck to do when our running game sputters or stalls temporarily. A huge difference there. Otherwise Bogie, I agree with the vast majority of your post. 

The thing you need to remember about RW is that Pete Carroll isn't asking him to carry the team or be the eraser of mistakes like Chuck Pagano is calling upon Luck to do when our running game sputters or stalls temporarily. A huge difference there. Otherwise Bogie, I agree with the vast majority of your post. 

True but the Colts asked a lot less of Luck this year vs last year and that was the right move. He was far better as a game manager/make plays when necessary type of QB then one who was asked to shoulder the burden last year. As with any team success, the burden must be spread around.

Volume stats are literally useless. I'm not arguing whatever your point is.

I didnt know there was a point? Were you looking for one?

Just posted each QBs #'s without a name next to them. 

Indy fans think Luck is better. SF fans think Kaep is better. Sea, Wilson, and Car, Cam....But its ok we are Colts fans WE KNOW we are right.... 

I didnt know there was a point? Were you looking for one?

Just posted each QBs #'s without a name next to them. 

Indy fans think Luck is better. SF fans think Kaep is better. Sea, Wilson, and Car, Cam....But its ok we are Colts fans WE KNOW we are right....

I wasn't looking for a point. I assumed you had one tho. I guess I was mistaken.