Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mark Brunell haha

Colts_Fan12

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are going to dispute something I posted, at least dispute what I actually did say, not something you wished I'd have said. If you are not willing to keep the discussion honest, move on and dishonestly discuss something with someone else.

you're trying too hard. 

You were wrong. Just move on. No need to harp on it. 

"Hey SW,

I see some similarities to Brady but Seattle was a SB fav this year. The Pats in 2001 came out of nowhere to win a SB with a very average defense that played well in the post-season and Brady did not have the run game Wilson had either. I like Wilson a lot as he does have many of the same qualities as Brady in terms of his leadership at a young age, his desire to be great, and not being satisfied with one ring. He said right after he won the SB to the NFL Network guys that he wants more. I like that and that is very Brady-like but their games are also very different. Brady was and is much better from the pocket whereas Wilson is better with his feet. Still though he has the knack for making the critical plays to win like Brady.

I honestly don't see any similarities between Luck and Manning. Luck's game is much more like Elway. The draft guys were right when they compared him to being the best QB prospect since Elway. And of course the Colts are trying to put more of a team around him vs what they did with Manning. I don't think we will ever see a QB run the Indy offense. Even though at its core it is a simple offense, it takes a mind like Manning to make it work and I don't think any GM or coach would ask that of his QB." --amfootball
===========================================================================================================================================================

My quote feature does not seem to be working properly at the moment for some reason. A nice reply amfootball. 1st I'd say that Denver were the sentimental favorites to win the SB & just like the 2001 Patriots they [the Hawks] took the NFL world by storm. No 1 saw Seattle being SB Champs at the start of the year in September. RW is primarily a pocket passer who only runs when he has too just like Drew Brees & how he offsets his shortness in the pocket seeing over his linemen. Don't confuse him with an early Cam Newton who loved to run vs make reads early in his Carolina career. RW is a pocket passer 1st & a backdoor scrambler only when necessary. 

Regarding Manning/Luck comparisons, Luck does have confidence in the huddle & he is not easily rattled, but I agree he is NOT a master at the line of scrimmage like Peyton is. I like that Luck seems to shake off bad plays/picks better than 18 does or maybe that's just my own perception on things. I don't know. I will give Peyton credit for his amazing photographic memory & using what defenses did in the 1st QTR to defeat you in the 4th QTR. 

Okay, I just looked at NE's 2001 roster. Your RBs were not great until Corey Dillion got there in 2004 I believe so you make a valid point. But you did have TY Law, who took away about 2 SB shots from INDY IMO. 

The 1 thing I want INDY to emulate is NE's typically great offensive line. Brady has all the time in the world back there to slide his feet & make whatever throw he needs except when he plays the NY Giants or JJ Watt. LOL! I want the Colts to copy that winning formula for Luck. If we do that, the sky is the limit baby! 

I do like RW's competitiveness, but I have never seen him hit repeatedly either in 1 whole game either so I don't know how RW would respond to constant punishment. Luck can take it. RW I don't know yet. 

Huh that's weird. I have it on good authority that you did suggest that. It's not my logic, and I didn't post it, 

Oh my gosh you really do have reading comprehension issues.  Notice that I wrote "By that logic", referring to a post that you made.  The part about a trade was simply to illustrate how silly your logic was.  Again, go back and reread the post.  Maybe, just maybe after rereading it several times the meaning might sink in.  Might I suggest going to a local community college and taking a reading comprehension course.  It would do you a world of good, and not just when you are posting on message boards, but in everyday life.  I noticed that thedude is also having issues with reading comprehension, maybe you and he could hook up and take the course together.

"Hey SW,

I see some similarities to Brady but Seattle was a SB fav this year. The Pats in 2001 came out of nowhere to win a SB with a very average defense that played well in the post-season and Brady did not have the run game Wilson had either. I like Wilson a lot as he does have many of the same qualities as Brady in terms of his leadership at a young age, his desire to be great, and not being satisfied with one ring. He said right after he won the SB to the NFL Network guys that he wants more. I like that and that is very Brady-like but their games are also very different. Brady was and is much better from the pocket whereas Wilson is better with his feet. Still though he has the knack for making the critical plays to win like Brady.

I honestly don't see any similarities between Luck and Manning. Luck's game is much more like Elway. The draft guys were right when they compared him to being the best QB prospect since Elway. And of course the Colts are trying to put more of a team around him vs what they did with Manning. I don't think we will ever see a QB run the Indy offense. Even though at its core it is a simple offense, it takes a mind like Manning to make it work and I don't think any GM or coach would ask that of his QB." --amfootball
===========================================================================================================================================================

My quote feature does not seem to be working properly at the moment for some reason. A nice reply amfootball. 1st I'd say that Denver were the sentimental favorites to win the SB & just like the 2001 Patriots they [the Hawks] took the NFL world by storm. No 1 saw Seattle being SB Champs at the start of the year in September. RW is primarily a pocket passer who only runs when he has too just like Drew Brees & how he offsets his shortness in the pocket seeing over his linemen. Don't confuse him with an early Cam Newton who loved to run vs make reads early in his Carolina career. RW is a pocket passer 1st & a backdoor scrambler only when necessary. 

Regarding Manning/Luck comparisons, Luck does have confidence in the huddle & he is not easily rattled, but I agree he is NOT a master at the line of scrimmage like Peyton is. I like that Luck seems to shake off bad plays/picks better than 18 does or maybe that's just my own perception on things. I don't know. I will give Peyton credit for his amazing photographic memory & using what defenses did in the 1st QTR to defeat you in the 4th QTR. 

Okay, I just looked at NE's 2001 roster. Your RBs were not great until Corey Dillion got there in 2004 I believe so you make a valid point. But you did have TY Law, who took away about 2 SB shots from INDY IMO. 

The 1 thing I want INDY to emulate is NE's typically great offensive line. Brady has all the time in the world back there to slide his feet & make whatever throw he needs except when he plays the NY Giants or JJ Watt. LOL! I want the Colts to copy that winning formula for Luck. If we do that, the sky is the limit baby! 

I do like RW's competitiveness, but I have never seen him hit repeatedly either in 1 whole game either so I don't know how RW would respond to constant punishment. Luck can take it. RW I don't know yet. 

Yeah, Manning seems to have no equal when it comes to audibles, reading and getting guys set pre-snap. What Andrew has going for him is his ability to take off and drag defenders with him because he's so darn big. In today's NFL, this seems to be just as valuable as the cerebral stuff.

As far as your last point, I didn't see every Seattle game this year but Wilson definitely saw his amount of licks against the aforementioned S.Watt and Antonio Smith when they played us back in September. He ended up coming back to win that game too. He is short but the guy doesn't get rattled easily.

Yeah, Manning seems to have no equal when it comes to audibles, reading and getting guys set pre-snap. What Andrew has going for him is his ability to take off and drag defenders with him because he's so darn big. In today's NFL, this seems to be just as valuable as the cerebral stuff.

As far as your last point, I didn't see every Seattle game this year but Wilson definitely saw his amount of licks against the aforementioned S.Watt and Antonio Smith when they played us back in September. He ended up coming back to win that game too. He is short but the guy doesn't get rattled easily.

Great entry QuizBoy. Yes, a strong durable body type cannot be underestimated just like Big Ben in Pittsburg Luck is solid & like trying to tackle a skyscraper. RW's greatest physical asset is that he is so darn small you can't find him & them wham he floats a bullet over the defense with deadly accuracy. Meanwhile, the defense is going "what the hades man? I thought I had him but he slipped away from me like a snake." RW also knows when to get down, slide, & get his butt out of bounds. He avoids contact. He never goes looking for it. 

RW is no 1 year wonder. He will become an elite QB eventually. 

Oh my gosh you really do have reading comprehension issues.  Notice that I wrote "By that logic", referring to a post that you made.  The part about a trade was simply to illustrate how silly your logic was.  Again, go back and reread the post.  Maybe, just maybe after rereading it several times the meaning might sink in.  Might I suggest going to a local community college and taking a reading comprehension course.  It would do you a world of good, and not just when you are posting on message boards, but in everyday life.  I noticed that thedude is also having issues with reading comprehension, maybe you and he could hook up and take the course together.

Like I said "By that logic" doesn't make sense because that is not my logic at all. It is your own created nonsense logic that you somehow got out of my post. You basically used your own logic and thought you could get away with calling it my own logic just because I made a point that Russell Wilson and his punter have more superbowl wins than Luck. I think you have some pretty bad Comprehension issues that need fixing. 

Like I said "By that logic" doesn't make sense because that is not my logic at all. It is your own created nonsense logic that you somehow got out of my post. You basically used your own logic and thought you could get away with calling it my own logic just because I made a point that Russell Wilson and his punter have more superbowl wins than Luck. I think you have some pretty bad Comprehension issues that need fixing. 

No that is not what you said you said the punter had accomplished more, not won more Superbowls than Luck.  Two different phrases, two different meanings.

Wilson is hands down better. Newton is slightly ahead of Luck and Kap is slightly behind him. I don't see Kap having a long career. I also don't see Luck being great. Very good, steady and durable but not great.

Yes, Wilson is the most accomplished so far, but I disagree that Luck is behind Newton. Luck is a much better QB than Newton. It's not even arguable.

I think the potential is there for Luck to be one of the better QB's of his generation, but he needs to develop better game management skills to reach that potential.

I see Kaepernick's stock falling consistently over the next couple of seasons. He can run, but when he's forced to throw the ball, he makes some horrible decisions and simply poor throws.

Wilson is hands down better. Newton is slightly ahead of Luck and Kap is slightly behind him. I don't see Kap having a long career. I also don't see Luck being great. Very good, steady and durable but not great. 

Wilson right now is tops but I think everyone else is bunched together. It is going to be fun to see their careers play out but I think Newton said it best when he said that Wilson has set the bar high for everyone else with his SB win. Of course this year's draft class is going to be pretty good as well. We could be entering a golden era of QBs like we had in the 80's.

Yes, Wilson is the most accomplished so far, but I disagree that Luck is behind Newton. Luck is a much better QB than Newton. It's not even arguable.

I think the potential is there for Luck to be one of the better QB's of his generation, but he needs to develop better game management skills to reach that potential.

I see Kaepernick's stock falling consistently over the next couple of seasons. He can run, but when he's forced to throw the ball, he makes some horrible decisions and simply poor throws.

We're not that far apart. I agree completely on Kap plus I see him as a high injury risk. Newton's been getting better each year and was scary in the second half of last season.

Wilson right now is tops but I think everyone else is bunched together. It is going to be fun to see their careers play out but I think Newton said it best when he said that Wilson has set the bar high for everyone else with his SB win. Of course this year's draft class is going to be pretty good as well. We could be entering a golden era of QBs like we had in the 80's.

True if another handful of very good QB's enter the league. It'll be great for the fans. Everyone is getting tired of Brady and Manning...but until they're gone?

Rogers and Brees never really got to the Brady/Manning IMO.       

True if another handful of very good QB's enter the league. It'll be great for the fans. Everyone is getting tired of Brady and Manning...but until they're gone?

Rogers and Brees never really got to the Brady/Manning IMO.       

It will be hard for any QB to get to Brady/Manning level.