Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Exclusive: Incognito’s Team Reveals Texts With Jonathan Martin [Merge]

Dustin

Yep, just as I suspected all along...Martin is full of crap and was looking for an easy way out and still get his money. These texts are proof enough that he was every bit as guilty as Incognito and was just looking for an excuse to run home to mommy and daddy and still get paid. He probably never thought that his texts were easily recoverable and his story would be found out to be complete nonsense.

yeah, because this is the worst thing to ever happen in the NFL, ever

Don't agree with that. 

Don't overreact. If somebody read the texts between me and a buddy of mine they would flip

I'm not overreacting, they shouldn't be banned from playing I suppose but they're both cancerous to NFL locker rooms and really shouldn't make any roster. GM's would be wise to stay away from these guys. 

Don't agree with that. 

I'm not overreacting, they shouldn't be banned from playing I suppose but they're both cancerous to NFL locker rooms and really shouldn't make any roster. GM's would be wise to stay away from these guys. 

I get the feeling that Martin and Incognito aren't the only guys in the NFL to send texts like this to each other. I'd hate to hear the collective gasp from this board if a Colts player ever had his texts released...

That's some nasty texts going between them, hope they're never allowed to play in the league again. 

It's harmless. It's just too friends teasing each other in an off-color manner. It never occurred to me that locker rooms were warrens of sophistication.

I guess it's possible that Martin never felt comfortable doing it, and that he was putting up a false front that he couldn't sustain any longer, but I don't see that it's Incognito's fault. I was against him on this because it came on top of an on-field anger related act of cruelty - but reading him asking his friend for help because he's about to be released because of silly comments that he thought were in jest - and being ignored - completely changes my mind. Incognito may be primitive and rude, but I'd need to see a HECK of a lot more than this to think for one second that it should have cost him his job.

It's harmless. It's just too friends teasing each other in an off-color manner. It never occurred to me that locker rooms were warrens of sophistication.

Man, this totally destroyed my perception of Mathis and Luck sitting in team meetings sipping on warm tea by the fireplace discussing the founding of the D'oyly Carte Opera Company. 

Man, this totally destroyed my perception of Mathis and Luck sitting in team meetings sipping on warm tea by the fireplace discussing the founding of the D'oyly Carte Opera Company.

Sadly enough, there are those that probably have the perception that something close to this is how our players act in their off time.

This is exactly why I have said repeatedly that I wouldn't want Martin on this team. Not because of the stupid texts but because he has claimed to be harrassed all this time but the texts prove otherwise IMO. He's a crybaby momma's boy that has probably been catered to his whole life.

I don't think he has the mental capacity to be a grown man. It just seems to me he wants to be a little boy still. The fact that he couldn't man up and admit that he was just as guilty as Incognito was and instead ran home to mommy tells me that teams should stay as far away from him as possible. I would sign Incognito before I would even think about signing Martin.

No but i really hope they don't joke about some of the stuff these 2 buffoons did. Over the top and unnecessary. Not funny at all either. haha yeah threatening to kill someones family, so funny right?

I honestly don't get those text messages... what was the purpose of saying all that? were they actually mad at each other? It doesn't seem like a fun thing to do.

It sounds like a game in which one tries to top the other by giving the most absurd take on what would otherwise be a normal situation. Some of it was funny, some missed the mark, but I don't see any ill intent. I have a feeling that Incognito started it, and probably says a lot of over the top things to a lot of people. Martin probably "kept up with him to fit in", but didn't feel comfortable doing so.

If this is true I wouldn't touch either(I thought maybe Martin as a backup Guard but not if this is true), I have yet to see this break on NFL. Network however so Im taking this with a grain of salt...Maybe they are just waiting until after the SB however, seems something big regarding iami or something is going to be announced after the SB I heard on the NFL Network, I forget exactly what

If this is true I wouldn't touch either(I thought maybe Martin as a backup Guard but not if this is true), I have yet to see this break on NFL. Network however so Im taking this with a grain of salt...Maybe they are just waiting until after the SB however, seems something big regarding iami or something is going to be announced after the SB I heard on the NFL Network, I forget exactly what

Stuff like this goes on in every locker room in every male sport from high school to the pro level. Nothing shocking at all

Stuff like this goes on in every locker room in every male sport from high school to the pro level. Nothing shocking at all

Sure it does. The texts aren't shocking at all. However, the texts aren't what we should be taking away from this story. The fact that Martin has been crying harrassment all this time and was perfectly willing to throw his teammates under the bus and take all the fallout for it, when he was just as guilty of the same thing. Thats the point of the story and the reason why teams should be very leary of signing him.

Sure it does. The texts aren't shocking at all. However, the texts aren't what we should be taking away from this story. The fact that Martin has been crying harrassment all this time and was perfectly willing to throw his teammates under the bus and take all the fallout for it, when he was just as guilty of the same thing. Thats the point of the story and the reason why teams should be very leary of signing him.

I agree, i should have elaborated. The banter is nothing new.

I know but this isn't the first time Incognito has been at the center of potential legal trouble(2012 he was drunk at the Dolphins annual celebrity golf tournament and rubbed a golf club against a womans private parts, dumped water in her face and rubbed his private parts aganst her and if that trascript is true then Martin simply cant be trusted either. Skill wise I'd only want Martin as a backup Guard if the transcript proves to be false...Dont want Incognito...The dude cant pass block well and is overrated as a run blocker plus he cant be trusted to stay out of trouble, He has caused problems in team locker rooms since he started out in college at Nebraska before tranferring to Oregon and was dismissed from there a week later......In other words unlike most who grow up after college Incognito hasn't, Many grow up to at least the point they stay out of legal trouble (clearly not all)...The most recent example of this is Janoris Jenkins (to this point)....yeah some of these young kids run there mouth...many young kids do but many grow out of the legal trouble they went through when they were younger...Incognito hasn't

I know but this isn't the first time Incognito has been at the center of potential legal trouble(2012 he was drunk at the Dolphins annual celebrity golf tournament and rubbed a golf club against a womans private parts, dumped water in her face and rubbed his private parts aganst her and if that trascript is true then Martin simply cant be trusted either. Skill wise I'd only want Martin as a backup Guard if the transcript proves to be false...Dont want Incognito...The dude cant pass block well and is overrated as a run blocker plus he cant be trusted to stay out of trouble, He has caused problems in team locker rooms since he started out in college at Nebraska before tranferring to Oregon and was dismissed from there a week later......In other words unlike most who grow up after college Incognito hasn't, Many grow up to at least the point they stay out of legal trouble (clearly not all)...The most recent example of this is Janoris Jenkins (to this point)....yeah some of these young kids run there mouth...many young kids do but many grow out of the legal trouble they went through when they were younger...Incognito hasn't

Wasn't Incognito in the pro bowl last year?

Wasn't Incognito in the pro bowl last year?

Yes but isn't half of those votes made by fans, PFF credited him with only giving up 4 sacks that year I believe, Im just personally speaking on what I saw this year (every game he was in)

I would surmise that this thing really spiraled out of control because of the media attention it got. I'm sure half of what was reported isn't even true. Once the media gets a hold on anything they can make a story out of; watch out. The most seemingly minor thing becomes the topic of every talk radio show and sports media outlet......they are that desperate to fill their time or print slots. It has reached a level of obnoxious. I can't even watch TMZSPN anymore......Sportscenter completely ruined for me.

It's normal in the locker room hell when I played high school football our coach would talk about people and everyone laugh including that person...it's normal

I have no idea who or what to believe in this incident anymore. Was it hazing? Was it racially charged playful banter between teammates? Was it neverending humiliation & harassment? Was it a ploy at an exit from the NFL & a huge financial league settlement to soon leave professional football quickly & quietly? Why can we not hear from other players in the Dolphins locker room their assessment of the Incognito/Martin relationship? Do they view it as cruel, demeaning, or just daily locker room activity on a daily, week to week basis?

Frankly at this point, I doubt any reporter could get a straight or accurate answer anymore. Cut both men loose & move on. 

I want no part of either of those guys on the Colts, period.

I also feel Jonathan Martin is either a coward or is not man enough to confront Incognito and sort it out mano-a-mano.

The fact that so many teammates came to Incognito's defense (even former and current players that were African-American) also shows that Martin did not handle it the right way.

This is one Stanford Cardinal I don't want on my team.

The texts don't necessarily prove that there wasn't bullying or harassment. But they do show that the sensationalism that this story provoked to begin with was way overboard, seeing as how it was mostly centered around "shocking" and "vulgar" text messages sent from Incognito to Martin, as if that proved that Martin was being mistreated. There still could have been mistreatment, but jumping to conclusions on the basis of the text messages was clearly wrong.

Sadly enough, there are those that probably have the perception that something close to this is how our players act in their off time.

This is exactly why I have said repeatedly that I wouldn't want Martin on this team. Not because of the stupid texts but because he has claimed to be harrassed all this time but the texts prove otherwise IMO. He's a crybaby momma's boy that has probably been catered to his whole life.

I don't think he has the mental capacity to be a grown man. It just seems to me he wants to be a little boy still. The fact that he couldn't man up and admit that he was just as guilty as Incognito was and instead ran home to mommy tells me that teams should stay as far away from him as possible. I would sign Incognito before I would even think about signing Martin.

Yipes. I would hate to be the girl who burns your toast in the morning....

Yipes. I would hate to be the girl who burns your toast in the morning....

It just really rubs me the wrong way what Martin done. I suspected it all along, but just these few texts confirmed it for me. He ran home like a little girl and whined to his mommy(a workplace harassment lawyer) and continued to sit back and not do or say anything when Incognito was getting destroyed in the media and then got suspended from the team. As childish as it sounds, if I was Incognito I believe I would hunt Martin down and really give him a reason to cry and whine.