Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

First time ever

OLD FAN MAN

for the first time in my life I am going to pull for the pats to beat Denver. no I am not a peyton hater, he is  not a colt anymore and I liked what he did for us. this is not about peyton. I want the pats to win because I want a team we could not beat win the superbowl. we beat Denver. so I feel if they win we should have been there. if the pats win at least it took a superbowl winner to beat us.same with the forty niners and the seahawks we beat them too. I have always been a pat  hater and never thought I would root for them so here now,let me have it, yell at me and more.i myself don't know if I can do it I still hate the pats, but I am going to try to root for them for the reasons I stated.

for the first time in my life I am going to pull for the pats to beat Denver. no I am not a peyton hater, he is  not a colt anymore and I liked what he did for us. this is not about peyton. I want the pats to win because I want a team we could not beat win the superbowl. we beat Denver. so I feel if they win we should have been there. if the pats win at least it took a superbowl winner to beat us.same with the forty niners and the seahawks we beat them too. I have always been a pat  hater and never thought I would root for them so here now,let me have it, yell at me and more.i myself don't know if I can do it I still hate the pats, but I am going to try to root for them for the reasons I stated.

After all Peyton has done for you (assuming you were a Colt fan while he was here), you're going to root against him vs the hated Pats for this dumb reason?

As a Colt, if you are rooting for the Patriots that have given us so many heartaches, I am not sure what to say!!! The only way you have forgotten all of those is because you wish to dissociate from Peyton as a Colt.

I'd rather root for a former Colt than a Patriot, let me put it that way!!! Again like I said, one does not have to vilify Peyton as a villain to love Luck and the Colts. Luck was still the right decision, no matter who brings up what (cork it Skip :)). Luck won us those games despite a lousy OL, I don't think we would have beaten the Seahawks, Broncos etc. without Luck and I don't think we would have gone into that 4th qtr. vs the Pats 22-29 if not for Luck.

Never understood the idea of Rooting for the team that knocked my Favorite team out of the playoffs. I don't root for any one else in the same division as the Colts. Maybe root for houston vs Pats. I hate the team that knocks out the Colts. I'll be rooting for Denver, SF(Captain Comeback), and Sea in that order.

I must confess that I find it hard to beleive any Colts fan could ever pull for New England.  It is even more difficult for me to imagine a Colts fan pulling for New England (and Tom Brady) to prevail over P. Manning.  Of course, I wish the Colts were taking on Denver next Sunday instead of the Pats, but if the Colts can't take a shot at the Super Bowl, why not Manning.  As someone else has already stated: gosh, Manning has done so much for us Colts fans that the least we can do is pull for him to get another ring before he retires.  I believe the choice of Luck over Manning was the right thing to do . . . long term.  But, for heaven's sake, that doesn't mean we don't all still respect, admire, and appreciate all he accomplished in Indy.  He's the best!  How can Colts fans, of all people, not recognize that and wish him nothing but the best!

I get what you are saying. I also wonder if Colts fans might want him to lose either this week or in the SB to avoid the chatter that will inevitable surface that the Colts should have kept Manning and the ring could have been theirs.

Pats win: Brady crowned as best QB ever

Hawks win: Wilson better than Luck

49ers win: Kap better than Luck

Broncos win: Colts made a mistake w/ Peyton

If we are talking media, all of these results will be negative for the Colts. I'm still rooting for the Broncos because it's obvious the Colts made the right call and I want Peyton to get another ring.

I think any sane person(that probably excludes most media) has realized the Colts did the right thing in parting ways with Peyton and drafting Luck or RGIII. Colts are biulding for the next 10-15yrs. With the cap hit Peyton would have been I doubt Reggie and Robert would have been here last year. Denver had everything in place except for a QB and the Colts only had a QB with holes everywhere. I love Peyton and hope he wins this year and any year going forward that the Colts aren't in the Superbowl.

I can't stand entire games being put on the QB.. but I certainly cannot wait to see Peyton beat Brady. Looking forward to a Broncos vs Seahawks SB. 

good reasoning, but I cannot do it..hate the Pats too much.. Go Broncos. 

Broncos win and Peyton retires: Colts made the right choice

Just changed it for ya. ;)

If that happens, the media will be able to reconcile better. But hey, if RG3 has a comeback season next year, they will be sniffing his jock as the greatest thing since sliced bread and Luck will still be in the background winning quietly.

That is just how the media rolls, don't expect too much love for a non-east coast team, and you won't be disappointed.