Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chapman

mirobi

In collage he was a force up the middle putting pressure up the middle, is it the scheme or is he still not healthy or still learning what ever the case sure hope our DC has a scheme for someone to put pressure up the middle.

We are not seeing the bull rushes mirobi because generally Chap is in on 'run plays/situations' to occupy space and 2 blockers.  That is the true job of the NT.

What is awesome, however is when he occupies the same space and we get a disguised blitz by Freeman, McNary etc where they have a free lane to the QB.

Josh may be a little too 'big' for his body.  I would like to see him at 320 or 315,,,,and ALL muscle.....Just my opinion. :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo: !!!!

I've actually been pleasantly surprised with Chapman's interior pressure on pass plays. 

agreed.  He's shown more athleticism and speed than I expected from him. I was particularly impressed with him chasing Alex Smith down and making the tackle 15 yards from the LOS last week.

Guest TeamLoloJones

He was a good steal.  Just need our DE'S to play there gaps better.  

If he didn't get injured in college, Chap would have been a 2nd-3rd round pick.  Great move by Grigson.

I think the difference between performance in the NFL and what he did in college is this...

In the NFL you're facing a man, a pro,  a top flight guy every week.

In college.....   well,  let's just say not so much.    Even in the SEC.  

Josh was a man among boys in college.    Here, he's a man among other men.    All professionals trying to make a living at this.

Different world.

Just my two cents......

Give him an F in spelling teacher

Wheather he spells poorly due to his education, or wheather he spells poorly because he rushes his responses, or wheather he uses a fiddly hand held device? That is the question that needs to be asked.

Sorry, that is a really bad spell of wheather right there....Polar Ice Cap indeed.

We are not seeing the bull rushes mirobi because generally Chap is in on 'run plays/situations' to occupy space and 2 blockers.  That is the true job of the NT.

What is awesome, however is when he occupies the same space and we get a disguised blitz by Freeman, McNary etc where they have a free lane to the QB.

Josh may be a little too 'big' for his body.  I would like to see him at 320 or 315,,,,and ALL muscle.....Just my opinion. :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo: !!!!

I'd be willing to bet that if the coaches or trainers had a problem with Chapman's weight then they would do something about it. ;)

I think he can be our Vince Wilfork eventually, and is already showing signs of that. He has the potential to be even better, bc he's quicker and stronger than Vince. But time will tell...I hope he has a big game Saturday...if the weather they are predicting holds, we will need him to play well in the middle

I'd be willing to bet that if the coaches or trainers had a problem with Chapman's weight then they would do something about it. ;)

True Jason.....but he just looks so...fat in the belly.  Cannot be good on surgically repaired knee....No I am nt a doctor, but my knees feel the pressure more at 247 that 230...and I have not had reconstruction.

Give him an F in spelling teacher

Let me just say I was a journalism major and I make mistakes every day....I know I tease people sometimes, but I still go back to threads and cannot edit my 'idiocy.'   :)

I hate making spelling mistakes or name mistakes (Rodgers instead of Rogers) for example.

There is one thing that kicks my tail more than anything.....

Peyton Manning ......not PAYTON Manning ..................GRRRRRRRRRR :)

:offtopic:

:topic:

True Jason.....but he just looks so...fat in the belly.  Cannot be good on surgically repaired knee....No I am nt a doctor, but my knees feel the pressure more at 247 that 230...and I have not had reconstruction.

It's not good on the knees or the heart.  But it's great for football as long as it doesn't restrict your movement.  Leaning that 330+ on the O linemen has to wear them down. Some guys, like Barkley back in the day, can carry the weight.

But you're right, in the long run it's not good.  Did you see how much Saturday trimmed down?  He's at his natural weight now.  A lot of guys have a hard time doing that after they quit.  

Wheather he spells poorly due to his education, or wheather he spells poorly because he rushes his responses, or wheather he uses a fiddly hand held device? That is the question that needs to be asked.

Sorry, that is a really bad spell of wheather right there....Polar Ice Cap indeed.

*do

*becuz

*da vice

*axed

Get it rite sun!

It's not good on the knees or the heart.  But it's great for football as long as it doesn't restrict your movement.  Leaning that 330+ on the O linemen has to wear them down. Some guys, like Barkley back in the day, can carry the weight.

But you're right, in the long run it's not good.  Did you see how much Saturday trimmed down?  He's at his natural weight now.  A lot of guys have a hard time doing that after they quit.  

I look more like a center than Saturday....he looks incredible.

Nobody get me wrong...I have been HIGH on Chap-men (HMMMMM) since he played one legged at Alabama....Josh is a bad bad man!!!  :)