Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck versus Belichick preview.

Stephen

The last time we faced new England we got blown out and luck was pounding the ground. Hilton had a big game and Edelman took one to the house on a kick return. This time around they are without Vince Wilfolk, Gronk and Hernadez yet still as dangerous as ever. Their have been susceptible against the run to teams with a good rb and are extremely lucky if the game stays close. Like Luck Brady has also led a big comeback. His biggest of the year being against the broncos from 24 points down. Can Luck get the ultimate revenge from the embarrassing defeat of last year or will Tom Brady and Belichick shut down Hilton and company and laugh their way to the AFC Championship. One thing is for certain. 4 turnovers can't happen if we hope to win.

no gronk or welker this time though. my biggest concern really is who is gonna outsmart who. its not just luck vs belichick. its also brady vs pagano. pagano's defense gave brady fits when he was in baltimore.  obviously not the same talent on this defense, but its gonna be interesting how this plays out.

Their defense is hurting, so let 'er rip tater chip. Put up those points, and NEVER let off the gas.

Toler cost us 10 points, so as long as he remains on the bench (and off this team after this season) then that's like scoring points.

If they are susceptible to the run, then get smart and keep McGlynn at center, Reitz @ LG, and Link or Thornton at RG. Our best O-Line combo by far.

another thing to keep in mind is we cant allow belichick to take hilton out of the game. belichick makes a living at trying to take the teams best weapon out of the game. I already can see the bracket coverages, double teams, safety high, jamming. we need to get creative in getting T  the ball because im telling you right now, if they take hilton away we wont win. quick slants, shallow crosses, wr screens anything to get T in space. we cant play belichick's game and hope fleener rogers whalen or brazil take over. their good targets, but not game changers like T.

The last time we faced new England we got blown out and luck was pounding the ground. Hilton had a big game and Edelman took one to the house on a kick return. This time around they are without Vince Wilfolk, Gronk and Hernadez yet still as dangerous as ever. Their have been susceptible against the run to teams with a good rb and are extremely lucky if the game stays close. Like Luck Brady has also led a big comeback. His biggest of the year being against the broncos from 24 points down. Can Luck get the ultimate revenge from the embarrassing defeat of last year or will Tom Brady and Belichick shut down Hilton and company and laugh their way to the AFC Championship. One thing is for certain. 4 turnovers can't happen if we hope to win.

you might get away with one but not 4.

I think Pats look to run in this game. They have been gearing up the last two games with Ridley and Blount. But I can see Brady passing given the Colts can be thrown on. Should be interesting. I expect a zone look from the Pats D to confuse Luck and force him to read the coverages.

I think Pats look to run in this game. They have been gearing up the last two games with Ridley and Blount. But I can see Brady passing given the Colts can be thrown on. Should be interesting. I expect a zone look from the Pats D to confuse Luck and force him to read the coverages.

if you give zone to luck hes gonna hit hilton all day

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 6, 2014 - off topic
Hidden by Nadine, January 6, 2014 - off topic

Why on earth would anyone ever have a skip hatless quote in their sig. You might as well have a quote from my dog that simply says "wulph".

BB will try to take to take T.Y out of the game but i don't think they can. Talib can't cover him he has too much speed. He won't have 224 yards but he'll get over 100. If they decide to double him with Mccourty then Fleener, Whalen and Rogers will have good games. I'm not worried about us offensively will be able to score on them. The key to the game will be stopping Blount. If we can get a lead and make the Patriots one dimensional, the defense can pin their ears back and get after Brady.

We were up 14 points on them last year and got Brady into some 3rd and longs but the Eldeman punt return changed the game. Hernandez really killed us last year(no pun intended) but we couldn't match up with him. All the momentum is on our side i think will win 27- 23.

This game is about defense! Whoever defense comes to play will ultimately be the winner. Our corners need to come ready I'm confident in every single one of them, linebackers need to come and put a hit on somebody and set the tone early for blount and let him know he's not running on us. If we do that im confident luck will get it done. (also get trent comfortable with running the ball he can be a game changer if hes confident even tho he hasn't shown it)

Why on earth would anyone ever have a skip hatless quote in their sig. You might as well have a quote from my dog that simply says "wulph".

Probably the same reason why your avatar is Rob Lowe ...

Lol award winning journalist. He's the go to guy for ignorant sports analyst. Literally one of the dumbest personalities on sports television

Is Rob Lowe any better? Seriously man. Didn't he try to "break" the news that Peyton was retiring? lol.

Is Rob Lowe any better? Seriously man. Didn't he try to "break" the news that Peyton was retiring? lol.

Definitely, bc I'm not quoting the guy for his knowledge nor would I. Only a fool would. I've got a feeling you don't realize who's on the other side on the screen

Definitely, bc I'm not quoting the guy for his knowledge nor would I. Only a fool would. I've got a feeling you don't realize who's on the other side on the screen

The Bayless quote is a joke going back to a thread on the NFL General section. I will change it eventually but too lazy to find another quote.

BB will try to take to take T.Y out of the game but i don't think they can. Talib can't cover him he has too much speed. He won't have 224 yards but he'll get over 100. If they decide to double him with Mccourty then Fleener, Whalen and Rogers will have good games. I'm not worried about us offensively will be able to score on them. The key to the game will be stopping Blount. If we can get a lead and make the Patriots one dimensional, the defense can pin their ears back and get after Brady.

We were up 14 points on them last year and got Brady into some 3rd and longs but the Eldeman punt return changed the game. Hernandez really killed us last year(no pun intended) but we couldn't match up with him. All the momentum is on our side i think will win 27- 23.

The thing is talib will cover Rogers because Rogers is too physical with the other corners. But BB may take T.Y away after all he did take away key threats this year like D.Thomas Jimmy Graham Steve Smith just to name a few

its all matchups. as long as byrd, tolar and davis can match up man to man, colts will be fine. this team comes up big against the so-called bullies. i expect the same next sat nite. just dont let T rich near the field

you mean Landry?.. Davis should not be considered, he is obviously still injured... put Gordy in to start

This is also a lot on what coaches are most prepared. BB and his well established personnel against the Colts rather new group.

If the Colts can beat the Patriots, they've beaten almost all the best teams in the league... in the 2nd year of rebuilding. This is an amazing organization.

With Tom Brady, every one of his WR's is a weapon to me, including those already established with Vereen, Blount, Edelman, and even Ridley and Amendola. Indy's got one hell of a test in Gillette but I don't see them backing down. Secondary needs to get it together so we don't get burned and we have to stop the run and on 3rd down situations.

I know Belichick is going to try and take T.Y. away and people think we can't win without him, well they're wrong. We have Fleener, Rogers, Brazill and Whalen who've come up big before. I think Whalen will be the X-Factor in this game if BB somehow manages to take away T.Y., but it's for damn sure Talib isn't getting put on Talib because he'll torch him.

Defense needs to come to play, I hope Mathis gets a strip-sack fumble or two and the man-to-man has to continue.

Who starts over Landry since he's injured, Lynch?

I honestly don't want Toler in the game after last week, keep Gordy in there and mix it up with Butler and such.