Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Looks like we are playing Kansas City twice

BlueShoe

I remember in 2003 when this exact situation happened against Denver. Denver beat us in week 16 of the regular season, and we pounded them in the Playoffs. That was the playoff game that we did not punt in. We followed up the next playoff game against Kansas City and only punted once in that game. 

It is very interesting to think about how we will handle this situation. We chose not to show our hand in 2003 and stayed very vanilla. A good question that we will find out soon enough is - Will we play to win the game against Kansas City?

All that said, I have also laid a out a scenario where we can still make the #2 seed. It involves us winning out, New England losing twice, and Cincinnati losing twice. Looking at their schedules, it can happen too. 

But most likely, we are the #4 seed and will be playing Kansas City twice in 3 weeks. 

Its a lock,. isn't it?

There almost no way KC can be anything but the '5; seed

..and no way we can be anything but '4'

I like it..like you say..KC will beat us in KC..and then we will adjust and take them out with the home crowd behind us.. 

No matter what his record is: KC does not have a QB you fear

I remember in 2003 when this exact situation happened against Denver. Denver beat us in week 16 of the regular season, and we pounded them in the Playoffs. That was the playoff game that we did not punt in. We followed up the next playoff game against Kansas City and only punted once in that game.

It is very interesting to think about how we will handle this situation. We chose not to show our hand in 2003 and stayed very vanilla. A good question that we will find out soon enough is - Will we play to win the game against Kansas City?

All that said, I have also laid a out a scenario where we can still make the #2 seed. It involves us winning out, New England losing twice, and Cincinnati losing twice. Looking at their schedules, it can happen too.

But most likely, we are the #4 seed and will be playing Kansas City twice in 3 weeks.

Lollll... new England losing twice....

Even with their backup quarterback new England still won't lose...

Yup, were a lock to play the Chiefs and that's should be the best matchup for us. They have a good defense but Alex Smith will give our offense the ball back with so many three and outs and Avery is good for a few drops. Once we get Toler back i think the defense as a whole will play better. Will be at home the team will play with a ton of energy. 

If we beat the Chiefs will most likely play the Patriots without Gronk because the Ravens have the Bengals number. I like our chances vs them as well without Gronk and Wilfork, it'll come down too the Ravens at Denver. We might be at home in AFC Championship game. Wishful thinking but i think we have a great chance at beating anyone except Denver.

Lollll... new England losing twice....

Even with their backup quarterback new England still won't lose...

They had no business beating the Browns today. They barely beat the Texans last week. The Patriots are either playing possum, or they will be one and done in the playoffs. 

Yup, were a lock to play the Chiefs and that's should be the best matchup for us. They have a good defense but Alex Smith will give our offense the ball back with so many three and outs and Avery is good for a few drops. Once we get Toler back i think the defense as a whole will play better. Will be at home the team will play with a ton of energy.

If we beat the Chiefs will most likely play the Patriots without Gronk because the Ravens have the Bengals number. I like our chances vs them as well without Gronk and Wilfork, it'll come down too the Ravens at Denver. We might be at home in AFC Championship game. Wishful thinking but i think we have a great chance at beating anyone except Denver.

So you think the Ravens beat the Bengals in the first round? Not sure I see that happening but anythings possible, especially since they are divisional opponents.

I honestly see us making a trip to Denver in the divisional after we beat KC. Anything can happen in Denver.

This could be really interesting.  That year we played Denver in the regular season, we showed absolutely nothing on D.  I was at that game and they ran all over us.  Then we lit them up in the playoffs.

I wonder if KC will do the same against us?  I won't be surprised if they play a very vanilla defense.

I would like to play KC at LOS, While that happens Id like to see the Ravens beat the Bengals. That would move us to Foxboro and Ravens to Denver. Ravens can beat the Broncos at home and I honestly think we match up well against the Pats. If this scenario works. We will play Ravens at LOS for a ticket to the big dance. This would be the absolute best scenario for us. I dont see us beating Denver at Mile High.

The good thing is, if the Colts can somewhat contain Charles, then they've got a shot. KC isn't exactly a high powered offense. And to win, Luck is really going to have to step up and make some plays with his feet or they're gonna have to design some short throws to the RB's to nullify the pass rush. I presume Justin Houston will be back soon, so the Chiefs D will be at full strength. Maybe Rogers and Brazil will be more comfortable with the offense by then and things will start to gel. And Alex Smith isn't exactly a juggernaut QB. Colts gotta generate a pass rush and he'll get flummoxed pretty easily.

im confident we can win KC,,,,,,our offense has gotten a bit better but will be better now that brazill and rogers stepped up

I want whatever he is smoking......  The offense is still slow out of the gate and the defense is getting worse.  We will likely get blown out in KC and be one and done in the Playoffs...  Sure hope I am worng but watching this team since the bye week doesn't lend itself to anything else.  Houston and Jags could well be a struggle at this point.

Let's not forget that we have plenty of time before the playoffs and we're going to play them (Chiefs) at our house. By then, hopefully we've gotten into a better groove offensively. On defense, Toler will be back and he's been a good man cover CB. Our strength on defense coming into the season was our defensive secondary, especially their ability to play strong man defense. They forced opposing QBs to hold onto the ball just a bit longer, allowing our D-lineman/lBs to get to the QB. Without Toler, there hasn't been much pressure on the opposing QBs.

Great, play the Chiefs twice.....how fortunate we are.  Getting fleeced is becoming rather routine so 2 more, although not welcomed, will just have to be our fate.  So I guess the first one is just a tune-up for the 2nd.  Ugh!!!   :facepalm:   Well at least it will be the holidays, all of our friends and family can get together, people can have some brewski's using my new bottoms-up machine, and food will be consumed in mass quantities.  We can gear up, tense up, and liquor up for what should be, could be, might be, probably won't be, a great game in great company, and then get deflated after the 1st playoff game and think back to what should have been, could have been, might have been, wasn't............................  There's always next (choking) year.............   :puke:

One and done again with our MONSTER D and no offense it could get ugly Charles will have a field day

We're not exactly the best ourselves sooooo.......

We are way better than the Redskins, that isn't even a debate.

2 blowouts

then you saved yourself 6 hours.

One and done again with our MONSTER D and no offense it could get ugly Charles will have a field day

you also saved yourself six hours if that is the case.

Great, play the Chiefs twice.....how fortunate we are.  Getting fleeced is becoming rather routine so 2 more, although not welcomed, will just have to be our fate.  So I guess the first one is just a tune-up for the 2nd.  Ugh!!!   :facepalm:   Well at least it will be the holidays, all of our friends and family can get together, people can have some brewski's using my new bottoms-up machine, and food will be consumed in mass quantities.  We can gear up, tense up, and liquor up for what should be, could be, might be, probably won't be, a great game in great company, and then get deflated after the 1st playoff game and think back to what should have been, could have been, might have been, wasn't............................  There's always next (choking) year.............   :puke:

Some of your government cheese would probably go well with that wine.

LOS should be crazy loud for that home playoff game. We will have had a playoff game under our belt from last year and many of the Chiefs will be new to the environment. I think we have a good shot at home...of course we can't play like we have against St Louis or Arizona either though. I think we get a rude awakening whether we go to Mile High or Foxboro though.