Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts clinch AFC South

danlhart87

The first half of the season we earned those wins and looked like one of the best teams in the NFL.  We have slowed down since then but we are picking up speed.  Our team is ridiculed so much, but you got to be glad that we're in the playoffs.  Anything can happen in the playoffs.

The first half of the season we earned those wins and looked like one of the best teams in the NFL.  We have slowed down since then but we are picking up speed.  Our team is ridiculed so much, but you got to be glad that we're in the playoffs.  Anything can happen in the playoffs.

Love the enthusiasm, but I don't think today's performance was picking up speed. We allowed 35 points (discounting Triplette's gift) and did absolutely nothing on offense in the first half. Half of the offensive production in the second half came when we were 21 points down and the Bengals were in a prevent style defense.

Da'Rick and Brazill were positives, as was our special teams punt coverage a couple times, but otherwise, I don't see a speed increase at all.

We had a solid win against the 49ers but we were fortunate against the Seahawks and the Broncos had some fumble issues which we were able to capitalize on.  Remember that the Broncos made a furious comeback but Moreno fumbled at the goal line.  Otherwise that game may have turned out a little differently.  All of the other victories were real nail biters.  We even started out slowly against the Jags before finally pulling away.  We have also been blown out of the stadium 3 times this season.  We are a team that absolutely needs to get 2 to 3 turnovers a game or we lose. 

we our one of the worst coached teams in the league, we are lucky that some teams had big collapse this yr we should be like 4-9 right now with the way we played

No on so many levels. Its extremely hard to lose the amount of players the Colts have had to season ending injuries and expect to maintain consistency. 

We had a solid win against the 49ers but we were fortunate against the Seahawks and the Broncos had some fumble issues which we were able to capitalize on.  Remember that the Broncos made a furious comeback but Moreno fumbled at the goal line.  Otherwise that game may have turned out a little differently.  All of the other victories were real nail biters.  We even started out slowly against the Jags before finally pulling away.  We have also been blown out of the stadium 3 times this season.  We are a team that absolutely needs to get 2 to 3 turnovers a game or we lose. 

Yeah the Colts had nothing to do with it. They beat 3 of the better teams of the league, and 2 of them were just completely lucky. 

Yeah the Colts had nothing to do with it. They beat 3 of the better teams of the league, and 2 of them were just completely lucky. 

If you stop and read the entire post, I give the team credit for the turnovers they created during those 3 games they won.  When they get 2 to 3 turnovers they win no matter who the opponent.  When they get no turnovers they lose. 

well put,I agree! To many blind ignorant people on here that dont like the facts about how this team plays. Since denver game the colts are one of the worst in the league!!! Lucky not to be 3-10,more poor players than good to average than most teams, poor coaches.

we our one of the worst coached teams in the league, we are lucky that some teams had big collapse this yr we should be like 4-9 right now with the way we played

well put,I agree! To many blind ignorant people on here that dont like the facts about how this team plays. Since denver game the colts are one of the worst in the league!!! Lucky not to be 3-10,more poor players than good to average than most teams, poor coaches.

also a lot of posters who don't know how to use the quote feature properly.

Guys,

I love the Colts and I bleed blue, but I am VERY concerned about our team right now. Our offense is inconsistent at best and our defense, well I don't know what's happened to our defense. It seems that our secondary is being picked on by every team in the league.

We'd better star converting 3rd downs or well be one and done in the play-offs for sure. The way we're playing right now, we wouldn't have a chance... Sometimes we look as though we should be playing in the Arena League instead of the NFL....

Just happy all of our "fans" think we will go one and done already

Hey, being a fan doesn't mean that you overlook the facts. It's true, if we play in the play-offs like we've played the last few games we will be one-and-done. I love this team, but the truth is the truth whether it be in football or in life. I always hope for the best though...

The Colts are frauds.The defense stinks big-time-----cant stop run and if vontae(pass interference) davis is our best cover were in trouble.we've been fleeced by signing losers on defense and thinking Luck is big time.He does damage in garbage time.Look at his first half stats last six-games,thats one reason why colts are behind a lot.Hes average at best.Lets get rid of this Stanford thing.package Whalen ,Fleener and pep for a draft choice.Finally fire Pgano and Manusky after season----they won nothing in B-more and theyll win nothing here.

Hey, being a fan doesn't mean that you overlook the facts. It's true, if we play in the play-offs like we've played the last few games we will be one-and-done. I love this team, but the truth is the truth whether it be in football or in life. I always hope for the best though..

I usually try staying away with the definite statements. And when I see them, I hope everyone on here is wrong that much more

The Colts are frauds.The defense stinks big-time-----cant stop run and if vontae(pass interference) davis is our best cover were in trouble.we've been fleeced by signing losers on defense and thinking Luck is big time.He does damage in garbage time.Look at his first half stats last six-games,thats one reason why colts are behind a lot.Hes average at best.Lets get rid of this Stanford thing.package Whalen ,Fleener and pep for a draft choice.Finally fire Pgano and Manusky after season----they won nothing in B-more and theyll win nothing here.

Can we get rid of you too? Because you make some ignorant statements here on a weekly basis.

sometimes the truth hurts-------let me know where im wrong

Carl Dzienkiewicz, on 08 Dec 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:snapback.png

Here ya go!

Wooohooo WTG Colts on bringing the AFC South title back to Indy where it rightfully belongs !!!

Oh and if any if the players on the team read these posts, please ignore the one that says you are frauds, obviously  someone who doesn't know anything about our Colts !!!

We Love our team !!!!!!!!  You have done us proud !!!!!!!!!

Pretty hollow feeling having followed the Colts for so many years.  (since they arrived)....BUT!!! ,  It is befitting that we are playing poorly and won the division having suffered through SO MANY YEARS of inequity with the pounding we took from the  AFC East getting drilled by the Bills, Patriots, and Dolphins over and over.  It's about time where we can have an injury plagued season, young coaches, young or brand new players, a green but good GM, a QB with so much promise, and a lot to look forward to and still with our division.  They (those AFC East and South teams) sometimes did it back in those days, why not us?  We might be short-lived in the playoffs, but what the heck.... let's make the most of it and have fun as fans knowing some of the best Colts football is just a year or two down the road.  Cheers to another AFC-South banner!!!!!