Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning MVP. Locked In?

IndyTrav

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I watch the Denver games it seems like Decker drops half the passes thrown his way. He is average at best. Demaryius Thomas is good but I think that if an average QB was throwing him the ball he would not get the same love that he does.

Is he having an 'off' year? Sure. He's not a world beater like say Calvin or AJ, but the guy is a pretty solid WR, and alot of teams would be thrilled to have him as a 2, some even as a 1, and this is a guy who is 3rd, or arguably 4th on his own team. I imagine it is hard for him to find a groove this year. 

As for DT, I think your selling this guy short. He is a fantastic WR, in line with a guy like Dez, who can score at any moment. How many screens has he taken to the house this year? 3 4? That in itself is pretty amazing. 

It just seems like your willing to throw a pretty awesome offensive team under the bus in order to prop up Manning, which is something Manning (and Colts) fans have done for YEARS, and frankly it is not needed. Manning can get by on his own amazing merits. There is zero need to degrade his teammates in an effort to make him look even better, not only is it simply incorrect, but its fairly ignorant. 

seriously thats your argument tim tebow? tebow couldnt hit a fat man with a pie

I like how when Manning chose to go to Denver everyone was saying it was a stupid choice because he wouldn't have enough weapons but now Manning haters say that the only reason he is putting up these insane numbers is because he plays on a loaded and stacked team. Doesn't make any sense. Manning is the only reason most of us even know who those guys are.

I like how when Manning chose to go to Denver everyone was saying it was a stupid choice because he wouldn't have enough weapons but now Manning haters say that the only reason he is putting up these insane numbers is because he plays on a loaded and stacked team. Doesn't make any sense. Manning is the only reason most of us even know who those guys are.

who said that

Are you kidding me? ESPN, NFL Network, they all thought Manning should have gone to San Francisco because they felt that would have been the best situation for him.

best situation. no one said there was no talent in denver

you can go ahead. peyton is throwing to three top wrs that can all be ones on another offense. brady's got a wounded TE, a qb turned wr, and two rookies

IM sick of people down playing wide receivers just because they are not house hold names.  Gronk is the best tight end in foot ball edlemen is very underrated gets great separation and has hands dobsin and thompkins are future studs get separartion and have been coming on  and amandola is a stud brady has weapons and about 10 seconds to throw the ball every play.....  and don't act like decker is a stud put him with a average qb and he is average and so is julius thomas

If you weren't watching coverage of when he got signed, then its not my fault you don't know what I'm talking about. 

Everyone wanted SF because they were a dominate team, with the best defense in the NFL. Coming off a 13-3 season, with a 1st rd bye, and had lost one of the best games of all time in the NFC Championship game to the eventual SB winner Giants.....It had nothing to do with Denver not having weapons, it had everything to do with the fact the 49ers at that point in time were arguably the best team in the NFL, only to be able to add one of the best QBs of all time.

I still cannot understand your willingness to throw a quality offensive team like the Broncos under the bus in attempt to prop up Manning, who can stand on his own accolades....

Is he having an 'off' year? Sure. He's not a world beater like say Calvin or AJ, but the guy is a pretty solid WR, and alot of teams would be thrilled to have him as a 2, some even as a 1, and this is a guy who is 3rd, or arguably 4th on his own team. I imagine it is hard for him to find a groove this year. 

As for DT, I think your selling this guy short. He is a fantastic WR, in line with a guy like Dez, who can score at any moment. How many screens has he taken to the house this year? 3 4? That in itself is pretty amazing. 

It just seems like your willing to throw a pretty awesome offensive team under the bus in order to prop up Manning, which is something Manning (and Colts) fans have done for YEARS, and frankly it is not needed. Manning can get by on his own amazing merits. There is zero need to degrade his teammates in an effort to make him look even better, not only is it simply incorrect, but its fairly ignorant. 

I think Thomas is good, I'm just saying I don't think that he would be looked at the same way if he had an average QB throwing him the ball. I don't know why you're defending Decker, he is an unreliable target.

Everyone wanted SF because they were a dominate team, with the best defense in the NFL. Coming off a 13-3 season, with a 1st rd bye, and had lost one of the best games of all time in the NFC Championship game to the eventual SB winner Giants.....It had nothing to do with Denver not having weapons, it had everything to do with the fact the 49ers at that point in time were arguably the best team in the NFL, only to be able to add one of the best QBs of all time.

I still cannot understand your willingness to throw a quality offensive team like the Broncos under the bus in attempt to prop up Manning, who can stand on his own accolades....

I'm not throwing them under the bus, I'm just saying, Denver wasn't looked at as this incredible offensive powerhouse when Manning fist signed there.

I'm not throwing them under the bus, I'm just saying, Denver wasn't looked at as this incredible offensive powerhouse when Manning fist signed there.

Elway added talent around Manning this season especially with signing Welker but honestly Manning is the main reason the offense is so good. The biggest reason for many wanting him to go to the niners besides the fact that they were the better all around team is the weather. Manning is awful in cold weather games in the post-season and he could have been playing in balmy 60 degree weather last year instead of frigid Denver.

and you say I lack sense? welker never drops passes and if he does its rare. thomas is probably one of the best deep threats in the game along with YAC. decker can take over a game at any moment

I'm as much a Welker fan as anyone, and even I admit he's had his fair share of drops. Sometimes at critical moments. Sometimes his fault entirely, sometimes a bad pass he just couldn't quite reel in.

Regardless I do feel a team is always substantially better having him on the field than off it.

Comparatively, SF was and is still a better team from head to toe. Better O-line, better run game, infinitely better defense and coaching staff. The special teams are a wash at this point.

The only thing DEN has over SF is the receiving corps on nights they actually catch the football. Every receiver on there is like Dr. Jekyl/Mr.Hyde. Decker and less so Thomas are the biggest cases of it. Tamme is always on the ball.  Welker has been hit or miss lately and Orange Julius has injury issues, but great when he plays. Jacob Tamme is probably the most reliable guy Manning has. Every time he goes to him, good stuff happens.

There are a couple of those MVPs that could have went either way....but Peyton has all but sewn up this one.....and yet all he wants is home field advantage and another shot at a SB. The reason why Peyton has been the front runner for the MVP was because he was breaking records EVERY week with their offense and threw like 20 tds before an int. He got out front early and really only had one subpar game...not even bad....as 2 tds in that wind against NE was just about as much limited by the success in the running game as it was the wind. It just isn't about winning every week that has put him out in front but the success he is having on offense. That offense runs because of him...he isn't letting up and is likely to finish with one of the greatest qb seasons of all time....another year...sure we can make arguements but this year....I don't think anyone could argue.

If Nick Foles started the whole season...perhaps though lol.

There are a couple of those MVPs that could have went either way....but Peyton has all but sewn up this one.....and yet all he wants is home field advantage and another shot at a SB. The reason why Peyton has been the front runner for the MVP was because he was breaking records EVERY week with their offense and threw like 20 tds before an int. He got out front early and really only had one subpar game...not even bad....as 2 tds in that wind against NE was just about as much limited by the success in the running game as it was the wind. It just isn't about winning every week that has put him out in front but the success he is having on offense. That offense runs because of him...he isn't letting up and is likely to finish with one of the greatest qb seasons of all time....another year...sure we can make arguements but this year....I don't think anyone could argue.

If Nick Foles started the whole season...perhaps though lol.

Nick Foles is making Kelley look like a genius. 19 TDs no picks. Mind boggling.

Comparatively, SF was and is still a better team from head to toe. Better O-line, better run game, infinitely better defense and coaching staff. The special teams are a wash at this point.

The only thing DEN has over SF is the receiving corps on nights they actually catch the football. Every receiver on there is like Dr. Jekyl/Mr.Hyde. Decker and less so Thomas are the biggest cases of it. Tamme is always on the ball. Welker has been hit or miss lately and Orange Julius has injury issues, but great when he plays. Jacob Tamme is probably the most reliable guy Manning has. Every time he goes to him, good stuff happens.

Please tell me if the 49ers have such a loaded and "better" team, why doesn't their record reflect that?

Ill tell you why, because they aren't better.

Jim Harbaugh is a great offensive mind without question but their coaching staff as a whole leaves a lot to be desired beyond him. Adam Gase has added some wrinkles and made nice adjustments to fit what Peyton does well in, especially with the injuries Denver has had on the offensive line.

It's quite simple as to why Peyton didn't choose the 49ers. They are an NFC team and Peyton didnt want to prevent his brother from getting to the Super Bowl. Obviously that's irrelevant this year but who knows what would of happened in the next few seasons if the Giants are to rebound.

I honestly don't think weather was really a choice in the equation here. If anything, one could infer Peyton Mannings and Jim Harbaughs A-Type personality would of caused more of an issue then anything.

Are you kidding me? ESPN, NFL Network, they all thought Manning should have gone to San Francisco because they felt that would have been the best situation for him.

Folks on message boards thought Peyton might go to SF..

....but he would never have worked well with Harbaugh..Peyton wants total control

....Once he talked to John Elway, he was going to Denver

..Elway WAS Peyton Manning

Folks on message boards thought Peyton might go to SF..

....but he would never have worked well with Harbaugh..Peyton wants total control

....Once he talked to John Elway, he was going to Denver

..Elway WAS Peyton Manning

As leaders Elway was Peyton....but as qbs....it isn't even close. Elway has some great skill but what Peyton does for an offense....the way he is a field general....like a chess master moving his pieces on the board....sometimes two and even three moves ahead....its breath taking....he clearly has diminished skills as far as his arm goes....but his mind....geez...he will forget more football probably then most will ever know. He liked Elway because he knew he would put him in a position to win late in his career.....it wasn't like Miami or Tennessee that wanted to trot him out there and sell some tickets/jerseys...he wanted to go to a place that didn't just want to win...but put his interest in the forefront too. He made a good choice....Denver isn't always 20 degrees even in January....and if the defense EVER gets it together...they will may just make it to New York....and then anything could happen.....Peyton just may hand it off to Moreno 30 times...he did it against the Pats....Peyton will do whatever is necessary to win...those that say otherwise he just keeps proving wrong.

Elway added talent around Manning this season especially with signing Welker but honestly Manning is the main reason the offense is so good. The biggest reason for many wanting him to go to the niners besides the fact that they were the better all around team is the weather. Manning is awful in cold weather games in the post-season and he could have been playing in balmy 60 degree weather last year instead of frigid Denver.

You are bashing Welker all the time and now you call him a talented signing?. 

As leaders Elway was Peyton....but as qbs....it isn't even close. Elway has some great skill but what Peyton does for an offense....the way he is a field general....like a chess master moving his pieces on the board....sometimes two and even three moves ahead....its breath taking....he clearly has diminished skills as far as his arm goes....but his mind....geez...he will forget more football probably then most will ever know. He liked Elway because he knew he would put him in a position to win late in his career.....it wasn't like Miami or Tennessee that wanted to trot him out there and sell some tickets/jerseys...he wanted to go to a place that didn't just want to win...but put his interest in the forefront too. He made a good choice....Denver isn't always 20 degrees even in January....and if the defense EVER gets it together...they will may just make it to New York....and then anything could happen.....Peyton just may hand it off to Moreno 30 times...he did it against the Pats....Peyton will do whatever is necessary to win...those that say otherwise he just keeps proving wrong.

I disagree 1000% Elway is one of the 4 or 5 greatest QBs of the 20th century...and Is one of Peyton's idols..

not to mention a guy who played on 2 titles teams at the end of his career

..all I can say is that you must not have seen him every week the way I did..

It helps being old sometimes..

Peyton admires John E. as a legend..and I'm sure that's why he's in Denver today