Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning MVP. Locked In?

IndyTrav

The Ravens had NE beat that Monday night , which would have ruined their undefeated season, but another Classic Brady pass interference call was called against the Ravens. I believe it was fourth down and the game would have been over on a Brady incompletion, but the bogus flag flew out of the refs pocket.

The Eagles had the Pats beat that year too but Brady pulled a rabbit out of his hat. And of course the Giants too. They had an 11 point lead in the fourth at home. It was a magical season in many ways.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Eagles had the Pats beat that year too but Brady pulled a rabbit out of his hat. And of course the Giants too. They had an 11 point lead in the fourth at home. It was a magical season in many ways.

yes we were running out of gas and the Eagles had there back up QB in the game . . .

I know he is off color and I cant post his videos here but there is a local comedian in Boston that does webcasts about our sports team and he has funny story about the Balt and Phila games and how we nearly got beat . . .

Like I've said many times- the Eagles were one of the few teams that wasn't intimidated (that ol' definition of running up the score we're accused of ;)

They played their style and were tough. It was a great game. Ditto Steelers and Ravens. But alas Brady magic still trumped. :)

Like I've said many times- the Eagles were one of the few teams that wasn't intimidated (that ol' definition of running up the score we're accused of ;)

They played their style and were tough. It was a great game. Ditto Steelers and Ravens. But alas Brady magic still trumped. :)

Yup that Brady magic led them to an undefeated season and a Super Bowl wi-

Aww wait....

Peyton will probably get the MVP based on who had the more "sexy" season with individual stats, and his team is doing great.  But the Broncos overall are a superior team than the Patriots with a better offense and defense with less injuries, specifically less season ending injuries to their best players on both sides of the ball.

Why should Brady get the MVP?  Many reasons...

Let's start off with the horrible events in the off season with Aaron Hernandez who is no longer with the team.  The Patriots losing Wes Welker.  No more Brandon Lloyd, Deion Branch, Danny Woodhead.  Injured Gronk who wasn't ready for the first half of the season.  Two new rookie WR's which lead to a new offense which is still a work in progress.  Tom Brady does not have the weapons that Peyton does.  The Broncos' offense now as almost 2 full seasons to get accustomed to each other.

Defense.  Season ending injuries to Vince Wilfork and Jerod Mayo.  Aquib Talib hobbling around on a gimp hip.  Alfonzo Dennard missing multiple games.

Going into this season the Broncos were favored and still are favored to go to the Super Bowl and even win it.  The Patriots were to have an off year as many predicted they would only go 9-7.  The Patriots are 10-3.  Brady should be the MVP based on taking an inferior team to the playoffs and as possibly the #1 seed in the AFC as of now.

But the Broncos overall are a superior team than the Patriots...

...What?

Offense: The Broncos have better active TE's and WR's. The O-line is more or less even at the moment given the injuries to both teams. The running backs and QBs are close enough to even, though the numbers don't reflect it.

Defense: The Broncos are atrocious even with their starters. The Patriot D is rather mediocre with all the injuries.

Special Teams: Usually I'd say Denver, but they've been abysmal for 4-5 weeks in a row sans their field goal kicker. NE is average but has a reliable returner with Edelman.

Coaching/Discipline/Not doing stupid stuff: The Patriots win by a mile. Best coaching in the game VS among the worst in the game.

The Patriots are, currently, mediocre all around aside from coaching which remains great. The point is they're balanced. Not great at anything but, more importantly, not terrible at one or more facets of the game. New England has often looked average on all fronts and won this season. They're a balanced team, but not a great one. Better balanced teams exist in the league.

I'd rather be balanced and decent at everything opposed to great at one thing and suck at all else. This leaves a team with no fall back if that one great aspect can't drag a dead weight team to victory nearly every week.

Denver has a great O, no coaching, no D, and no special teams sans a field goal kicker. If the O doesn't play lights out every single time they'll lose.

Manning was a fool for not going to San Fran when he had the chance. He might not have the record breaking numbers, but he'd do fine stat wise,have a team that is balanced overall and is good defensively.

...What?

Offense: The Broncos have better active TE's and WR's. The O-line is more or less even at the moment given the injuries to both teams. The running backs and QBs are close enough to even, though the numbers don't reflect it.

Defense: The Broncos are atrocious even with their starters. The Patriot D is rather mediocre with all the injuries.

Special Teams: Usually I'd say Denver, but they've been abysmal for 4-5 weeks in a row sans their field goal kicker. NE is average but has a reliable returner with Edelman.

Coaching/Discipline/Not doing stupid stuff: The Patriots win by a mile. Best coaching in the game VS among the worst in the game.

The Patriots are, currently, mediocre all around aside from coaching which remains great. The point is they're balanced. Not great at anything but, more importantly, not terrible at one or more facets of the game. New England has often looked average on all fronts and won this season. They're a balanced team, but not a great one. Better balanced teams exist in the league.

I'd rather be balanced and decent at everything opposed to great at one thing and suck at all else. This leaves a team with no fall back if that one great aspect can't drag a dead weight team to victory nearly every week.

Denver has a great O, no coaching, no D, and no special teams sans a field goal kicker. If the O doesn't play lights out every single time they'll lose.

Manning was a fool for not going to San Fran when he had the chance. He might not have the record breaking numbers, but he'd do fine stat wise,have a team that is balanced overall and is good defensively.

How long is it going to take you guys to realize that Manning and Harbaugh would not co-exist for a minute let a lone for a season. :scratch:    Harbaugh is a control freak and Manning is strong willed.    Wouldn't happen or work.  Harbaugh also stated himself he didn't even want to try out Manning it wasn't his idea. Does that tell you anything :???:

Peyton will probably get the MVP based on who had the more "sexy" season with individual stats, and his team is doing great.  But the Broncos overall are a superior team than the Patriots with a better offense and defense with less injuries, specifically less season ending injuries to their best players on both sides of the ball.

Let's start off with the horrible events in the off season with Aaron Hernandez who is no longer with the team.  The Patriots losing Wes Welker.  No more Brandon Lloyd, Deion Branch, Danny Woodhead.  Injured Gronk who wasn't ready for the first half of the season.  Two new rookie WR's which lead to a new offense which is still a work in progress.  Tom Brady does not have the weapons that Peyton does.  The Broncos' offense now as almost 2 full seasons to get accustomed to each other.

Defense.  Season ending injuries to Vince Wilfork and Jerod Mayo.  Aquib Talib hobbling around on a gimp hip.  Alfonzo Dennard missing multiple games.

Going into this season the Broncos were favored and still are favored to go to the Super Bowl and even win it.  The Patriots were to have an off year as many predicted they would only go 9-7.  The Patriots are 10-3.  Brady should be the MVP based on taking an inferior team to the playoffs and as possibly the #1 seed in the AFC as of now.

Let me ask you prior to the season did you see Manning breaking the TD record and yardage? I certainly didn't. I thought he would have good numbers but nowhere near what he has done.

Second, do you think Manning's cast is as good as his Indy days with Harrison, Wayne, Clark and James when he threw 49 TDs? I don't think it is and yet he is going to surpass what he did in 2003.

Third, I love what Brady is doing this year but many of the wins were a team effort of defense and ST along with Brady's magic. I would love to make a case for him but statistically he is not even in the neighborhood and the MVP has always been about numbers. I was saying the same thing about the Pats in 2007 who were a juggernaut. Brady was the most deserving given his season even if other guys may have been more important to their teams winning that year.

I believe this season will go down as Brady's finest even surpassing 2006 which I didn't think was possible and if the Pats get the trophy at the end then he will have won the real prize that everyone is striving for. But Manning deserves the MVP and really there is not a case for any other player this year.

Let me ask you prior to the season did you see Manning breaking the TD record and yardage? I certainly didn't. I thought he would have good numbers but nowhere near what he has done.

Second, do you think Manning's cast is as good as his Indy days with Harrison, Wayne, Clark and James when he threw 49 TDs? I don't think it is and yet he is going to surpass what he did in 2003.

Third, I love what Brady is doing this year but many of the wins were a team effort of defense and ST along with Brady's magic. I would love to make a case for him but statistically he is not even in the neighborhood and the MVP has always been about numbers. I was saying the same thing about the Pats in 2007 who were a juggernaut. Brady was the most deserving given his season even if other guys may have been more important to their teams winning that year.

I believe this season will go down as Brady's finest even surpassing 2006 which I didn't think was possible and if the Pats get the trophy at the end then he will have won the real prize that everyone is striving for. But Manning deserves the MVP and really there is not a case for any other player this year.

Once the Broncos got Welker I just felt the 49ers/Broncos were the two best teams before the season started and I picked them as my two super bowl teams to meet each other.  I had a feeling Denver would have a BIG year.  I can't remember if I ever believed Denver would break records offensively or not but I had a feeling this season for them would be HUGE and it's not surprising to me at all that Peyton is on record to throw more than 51 td's.

Brady this year alone is doing more with less than Peyton is.

Once the Broncos got Welker I just felt the 49ers/Broncos were the two best teams before the season started and I picked them as my two super bowl teams to meet each other.  I had a feeling Denver would have a BIG year.  I can't remember if I ever believed Denver would break records offensively or not but I had a feeling this season for them would be HUGE and it's not surprising to me at all that Peyton is on record to throw more than 51 td's.

Manning is going to have one of the best seasons in the history of the sport. Hard to look at anyone else.

I love the season the Pats are having but it has not been all Brady. Not this year anyways. Early on the D really bailed out the O and the STs have been key in a few games. They are playing like a team and are showing tremendous grit and mental toughness which is why I like them this post-season moreso than previous seasons. I will take the SB MVP for Brady any day over the league one. ;)

Please stop with the nonsense of Brady winning an MVP in 2013. Thank God there is zero chance of many voters thinking this way. 

"Brady this year alone is doing more with less than Peyton is."

That's a great and convincing statement.

Could you please explain exactly and completely what you are trying to say......

He's doing "more " than who ?

What do you mean by "this year alone ?"

"Brady this year alone is doing more with less than Peyton is."

That's a great and convincing statement.

Could you please explain exactly and completely what you are trying to say......

He's doing "more " than who ?

What do you mean by "this year alone ?"

Peyton will probably get the MVP based on who had the more "sexy" season with individual stats, and his team is doing great.  But the Broncos overall are a superior team than the Patriots with a better offense and defense with less injuries, specifically less season ending injuries to their best players on both sides of the ball.  Broncos didn't lose their best defensive lineman and their best linebacker.  Both of their corners have been healthier than the Pats' two corners.

Let's start off with the horrible events in the off season with Aaron Hernandez who is no longer with the team.  The Patriots losing Wes Welker.  No more Brandon Lloyd, Deion Branch, Danny Woodhead.  Injured Gronk who wasn't ready for the first half of the season.  Now Gronk is out for the season.  Two new rookie WR's which lead to a new offense which is still a work in progress.  Dobson their rookie WR has been injured.  Tom Brady does not have the weapons that Peyton does.  Tom Brady's #1 receiver has been Julian Edelman.  lol Patriots #1 RB has been benched due to fumble problems.  The Broncos' offense now has almost 2 full seasons to get accustomed to each other.

Now at almost every position the Broncos are better than the Patriots especially on offense.  Give the Patriots the Broncos' two WR's and Welker and see what happens.  Give Tom Brady the Broncos' offense and he'll put up record numbers too.

Defense.  Season ending injuries to Vince Wilfork and Jerod Mayo.  Aquib Talib hobbling around on a gimp hip.  Alfonzo Dennard missing multiple games.  Patriots haven't hard a true strong safety since Rodney Harrison.

Going into this season the Broncos were favored and still are favored to go to the Super Bowl and even win it.  The Patriots were to have an off year as many predicted they would only go 9-7.  The Patriots are 10-3.  Brady should be the MVP based on taking an inferior team to the playoffs and possibly the #1 seed in the AFC as of now.

Your personal dislike and hatred of the Patriots and Brady doesn't allow you to see with unbiased eyes.

This is my opinion.  Don't like it?  Well there's nothing you can do about it.  Go pound sand.  :thmup:

Julius Thomas
Erik Decker
Wes Welker
Andre Caldwell
Trindon Holliday

Peyton will probably get the MVP based on who had the more "sexy" season with individual stats, and his team is doing great.  But the Broncos overall are a superior team than the Patriots with a better offense and defense with less injuries, specifically less season ending injuries to their best players on both sides of the ball.  Broncos didn't lose their best defensive lineman and their best linebacker.  Both of their corners have been healthier than the Pats' two corners.

Let's start off with the horrible events in the off season with Aaron Hernandez who is no longer with the team.  The Patriots losing Wes Welker.  No more Brandon Lloyd, Deion Branch, Danny Woodhead.  Injured Gronk who wasn't ready for the first half of the season.  Now Gronk is out for the season.  Two new rookie WR's which lead to a new offense which is still a work in progress.  Dobson their rookie WR has been injured.  Tom Brady does not have the weapons that Peyton does.  Tom Brady's #1 receiver has been Julian Edelman.  lol Patriots #1 RB has been benched due to fumble problems.  The Broncos' offense now has almost 2 full seasons to get accustomed to each other.

Now at almost every position the Broncos are better than the Patriots especially on offense.  Give the Patriots the Broncos' two WR's and Welker and see what happens.  Give Tom Brady the Broncos' offense and he'll put up record numbers too.

Defense.  Season ending injuries to Vince Wilfork and Jerod Mayo.  Aquib Talib hobbling around on a gimp hip.  Alfonzo Dennard missing multiple games.  Patriots haven't hard a true strong safety since Rodney Harrison.

Going into this season the Broncos were favored and still are favored to go to the Super Bowl and even win it.  The Patriots were to have an off year as many predicted they would only go 9-7.  The Patriots are 10-3.  Brady should be the MVP based on taking an inferior team to the playoffs and possibly the #1 seed in the AFC as of now.

Your personal dislike and hatred of the Patriots and Brady doesn't allow you to see with unbiased eyes.

This is my opinion.  Don't like it?  Well there's nothing you can do about it.  Go pound sand.  :thmup:

I didn't ask you to burp all all that ridiculous gibberish about why Brady should be MVP. You already spouted that poop all over the board in post 323. All I asked you is to explain that silly one line statement where you said ...

"Brady this year alone is doing more with less than Peyton is." That at least in the country I live in (the USA)  can't possibly translate into all the above poop. Are you saying Brady has done more than Peyton this year ? More yardage ? more wins ? better QB rating ? What do you mean ? 

What is the "this year alone " mean ? Am I stupid or does that just not make any sense ? 

Now as far as you claim to why Brady is the MVP...

What is all this talk about CB's being injured ? Is Brady playing both ways now ?  Denver's CB's are healthier than NE's . so Brady's the MVP. God help me...

Fact is he's still playing behind a great O line and has all day to throw the ball and this is probably his worst year as far as accuracy goes. Also lets not forget that 2-3 of those wins were ridiculous and lucky. 10-3 could easily have been 8-5 if not for some great breaks . 

I don't hate the Pats and I don't hate Brady. I just hate it when people poop on the board.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 15, 2013 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, December 15, 2013 - personal argument

I didn't ask you to burp all all that ridiculous gibberish about why Brady should be MVP. You already spouted that poop all over the board in post 323. All I asked you is to explain that silly one line statement where you said ...

"Brady this year alone is doing more with less than Peyton is." That at least in the country I live in (the USA)  can't possibly translate into all the above poop. Are you saying Brady has done more than Peyton this year ? More yardage ? more wins ? better QB rating ? What do you mean ? 

What is the "this year alone " mean ? Am I stupid or does that just not make any sense ? 

What is all this talk about CB's being injured ? Is Brady playing both ways now ?  Denver's CB's are healthier than NE's . so Brady's the MVP. God help me...

Fact is he's still playing behind a great O line and has all day to throw the ball and this is probably his worst year as far as accuracy goes. Also lets not forget that 2-3 of those wins were ridiculous and lucky. 10-3 could easily have been 8-5 if not for some great breaks . 

I don't hate the Pats and I don't hate Brady. I just hate it when people poop on the board.

Ok, let's analyze this teenage girl response above.  Now "poop" is used, ok that's mature and intellectual.

What a dumb ignorant thing to say: "2-3 of those wins were ridiculous and lucky."  lol  Every team and every game on every weekend there are crazy plays, bad calls and lucky bounces that may go your way or the other team's way.  Patriots are no more lucky than anyone else.  Every team this year could have 2-3 more wins or 2-3 more loses.

Broncos still have a better offensive line than the Patriots do.  Ron Jaworski explains Brady was sacked nine times by week 5 when blitzed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/26/tom-brady-is-feeling-the-pressure/

Ok, let's analyze this teenage girl response above.  Now "poop" is used, ok that's mature and intellectual.

What a dumb ignorant thing to say: "2-3 of those wins were ridiculous and lucky."  lol  Every team and every game on every weekend there are crazy plays, bad calls and lucky bounces that may go your way or the other team's way.  Patriots are no more lucky than anyone else.  Every team this year could have 2-3 more wins or 2-3 more loses.

Broncos still have a better offensive line than the Patriots do.  Ron Jaworski explains Brady was sacked nine times by week 5 when blitzed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/26/tom-brady-is-feeling-the-pressure/

Nah, Peyton just get's the ball out quicker.

Nah, Peyton just get's the ball out quicker.

lol hahahaha no, that's a immature fan boy response.  Former NFL QB and NFL analyst Ron Jaworski explained in detail in the link above.  He knows far more than you and all the other fan boys who's closest they ever got to playing in the NFL is playing Madden video games.  lol haha

Guest TeamLoloJones

lol hahahaha no, that's a immature fan boy response.  Former NFL QB and NFL analyst Ron Jaworski explained in detail in the link above.  He knows far more than you and all the other fan boys who's closest they ever got to playing in the NFL is playing Madden video games.  lol haha

Jaworski also said that Kaepernick will be an all time great.  So....yeah I'll take Dustin's opinion over his.

No there's actually sites that keep track of how fast QBs get the ball out of their hands. Peyton gets rid of the ball faster than any QB in the NFL and that's just a fact.

Plus, that article you linked nowhere stated that the Broncos oline is better than the Patriots.

For someone who ridiculed someone above for posting a "teenage girl response" that apparently was dumb and immature, you sure do love to use ad hominems in your responses. 

No shrunzo... some teams are fortunate and have a better record than how they've actually played. The 2012 Colts were a great example of that . In fact .. truth is ...the 2013 Colts are another example of that. Of coarse you can always take a couple of wins away as you say but when you are talking about a span of 13 games , luck can play into it. Get it ? Naa... I really doubt that you do. 

You still don't have a clue how to defend that totally ignorant statement you made about how Brady has done more than Manning. Just was really stupid and even you don't have any idea of what it's suppose to mean. You explained it by talking about healthy CB's. Must you really plaster all this garbage all over the board. 

I'm sorry for picking on you. I didn't realize that you can't even read. Read the article you posted two.. three times and maybe you'll understand that Smith is saying that Brady is having a bad year and all the sacks when blitzed is EVIDENCE THAT HE"S HAVING A BAD YEAR. It was by no means a knock on the Pat's O Line , it was a knock on T Brady.

To help you a bit , it's up to the QB to see the blitz coming and get the ball to his hot read.  Often offensive lineman have nothing to do with the QB being sacked by a blitz. They can't pick up more guys than they are capable of blocking. More often than not it's on the TE < RB or QB rather than the O Line. To say that Denvers line that was missing Clady all year and the RT also was better than NE's is more nonsense.

Here's an exert from the guy you say knows QBing in the NFL. 

From the very article you provide the link ....

Smith......

"Just about any way you slice it, Brady is having his worst season. In his previous 11 seasons as the Patriots’ starter, Brady never had a completion rate lower than 60 percent and never had a passer rating lower than 85. This year Brady’s completion rate is 55.4 percent and his passer rating is 75.3. He’s also on pace to be sacked 46 times this season, which would top his previous high of 41 in his first year as the Patriots’ starter."

No there's actually sites that keep track of how fast QBs get the ball out of their hands. Peyton gets rid of the ball faster than any QB in the NFL and that's just a fact.

Plus, that article you linked nowhere stated that the Broncos oline is better than the Patriots.

For someone who ridiculed someone above for posting a "teenage girl response" that apparently was dumb and immature, you sure do love to use ad hominems in your responses. 

Did you actually read that article he posted ? Too funny... The author rips Brady a brand new * and this Ptas guy reads it as a compliment. Gotta be kidding me.

This award shouldn't take place until after the superbowl. The playoff games should carry more weight for this award.

They do have the superbowl mvp. I kind of like the MVP award for the regular season. Maybe they should come up with another award for outstanding performance in the playoffs.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 15, 2013 - baiting post and responses
Hidden by Nadine, December 15, 2013 - baiting post and responses

No shrunzo... some teams are fortunate and have a better record than how they've actually played. The 2012 Colts were a great example of that . In fact .. truth is ...the 2013 Colts are another example of that. Of coarse you can always take a couple of wins away as you say but when you are talking about a span of 13 games , luck can play into it. Get it ? Naa... I really doubt that you do. 

You still don't have a clue how to defend that totally ignorant statement you made about how Brady has done more than Manning. Just was really stupid and even you don't have any idea of what it's suppose to mean. You explained it by talking about healthy CB's. Must you really plaster all this garbage all over the board. 

Looks like I got a new stalker here.  Congratulations.  I am enjoying getting you all worked up as you "poop" all over this thread kiddo.  Try getting your as% up from your computer once and a while and walk 10 feet to your bathroom, it might be a new concept to you but it should help.

The bottom line is Brady has done more with less this year than Peyton has, I know that one confuses you.  You're so ignorant on football and what a "TEAM" is that you think everything falls on one man's shoulders when it doesn't.  lol  It's a "TEAM" game *.  Give Jay Cutler the Broncos' offensive line and watch his TD to INT ratio improve as he won't get killed like he's been getting the last few years, but according to your logic that's all Jay Cutler's fault because he doesn't have a "quick release."  lol hahaha  When YOU have 4 to 6 guys weighing 300lb coming at you full speed it's kind of hard to make sure you perfectly throw the ball at the precise time at a moving target down field....oh that's right you never played football so you'd never know let alone be an NFL QB.  You're the Al Bundy of the Indy Colts forum.  lol  :thmup:

Now this is the one for some odd reason that you can't simply grasp...here it goes, I'll explain it slowly for you so pay attention real closely.  >>>>>  Peyton has waltzed into the 2013 season with a championship caliber team already built around him with Wes Welker served to him on as silver platter.  Broncos have been super bowl favorites by most.  You still for some bizarre reason can't grasp the idea of how Peyton has Julius Thomas, Erik Decker, Wes Welker, Andre Caldwell, Trindon Holliday and Brady has lost Aaron Hernandez, Wes Welker, Gronkowski, Deion Branch, Brandon Lloyd, Danny Woodhead and now has two rookie WR's who can't grasp the offense who drop balls and both are now injured, they're #1 RB is benched due to fumbles, they're TE can't stay healthy and now he's gone leaving them with no real TE,  Danny Amendola can't stay healthy and they're #1 go to guy is Julian Edelman and their offensive line has been injured with Sebastian Vollmer out for the season.  Patriots lost their best D-lineman and best LB and their CB's can't stay healthy and they have no true strong safety.

Patriots offensive problems are due to quite a bit of problems which Peyton hasn't had to endure this season.

Patriots’ problems on offensive line are perplexing...

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/11/08/patriots-problems-offensive-line-are-perplexing/YSrSEr3iFil70Iz8XpRPdI/story.html

Sebastian Vollmer out for season...

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9899871/sebastian-vollmer-new-england-patriots-placed-injured-reserve

So let's compare...

Broncos = 

Julius Thomas
Erik Decker
Wes Welker
Andre Caldwell
Trindon Holliday

Patriots = 
Gronkowski <<<<Missed first half of season now gone for the rest of the season.  Pats has no real TE left.
Kenbrell Thompkins  <<<Rookie WR who can't grasp the offense and drops balls and has been injuried.
Aaron Dobson <<<<Rookie WR who can't grasp the offense and drops balls and has been injured.
Danny Amendola <<<<Missed multiple games this season due to injuries.
Steven Ridley <<<<Their best RB who is benched due to fumbles.
Julian Edelman <<<<The Pats' most reliable offensive weapon so far!!! lol 
Sebastian Vollmer <<<<Offensive lineman out for the season.

MIAMI -- Rookie New England Patriots wide receivers Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins have been ruled out for Sunday's road game against the Miami Dolphins.

Dobson will miss his third straight game with a foot injury, while Thompkins will miss his second straight with a hip injury.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/10138730/aaron-dobson-kenbrell-thompkins-ruled-new-england-patriots

Reading your ignorant posts you must have never played football in your life and you obviously don't follow football teams closely to do a simple basic task that an 8 year old can do like check a team's injury report through out the season so get back to playing Madden and make sure when you're watching you team to wear your lucky stained jersey you haven't washed in 15 years as your good luck charm.  lol   :highfive2:

Looks like I got a new stalker here.  Congratulations.  I am enjoying getting you all worked up as you "poop" all over this thread kiddo.  Try getting your as% up from your computer once and a while and walk 10 feet to your bathroom, it might be a new concept to you but it should help.

The bottom line is Brady has done more with less this year than Peyton has, I know that one confuses you.  You're so ignorant on football and what a "TEAM" is that you think everything falls on one man's shoulders when it doesn't.  lol  It's a "TEAM" game *.  Give Jay Cutler the Broncos' offensive line and watch his TD to INT ratio improve as he won't get killed like he's been getting the last few years, but according to your logic that's all Jay Cutler's fault because he doesn't have a "quick release."  lol hahaha  When YOU have 4 to 6 guys weighing 300lb coming at you full speed it's kind of hard to make sure you perfectly throw the ball at the precise time at a moving target down field....oh that's right you never played football so you'd never know let alone be an NFL QB.  You're the Al Bundy of the Indy Colts forum.  lol  :thmup:

Now this is the one for some odd reason that you can't simply grasp...here it goes, I'll explain it slowly for you so pay attention real closely.  >>>>>  Peyton has waltzed into the 2013 season with a championship caliber team already built around him with Wes Welker served to him on as silver platter.  Broncos have been super bowl favorites by most.  You still for some bizarre reason can't grasp the idea of how Peyton has Julius Thomas, Erik Decker, Wes Welker, Andre Caldwell, Trindon Holliday and Brady has lost Aaron Hernandez, Wes Welker, Gronkowski, Deion Branch, Brandon Lloyd, Danny Woodhead and now has two rookie WR's who can't grasp the offense who drop balls and both are now injured, they're #1 RB is benched due to fumbles, they're TE can't stay healthy and now he's gone leaving them with no real TE,  Danny Amendola can't stay healthy and they're #1 go to guy is Julian Edelman and their offensive line has been injured with Sebastian Vollmer out for the season.  Patriots lost their best D-lineman and best LB and their CB's can't stay healthy and they have no true strong safety.

Patriots offensive problems are due to quite a bit of problems which Peyton hasn't had to endure this season.

Patriots’ problems on offensive line are perplexing...

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/11/08/patriots-problems-offensive-line-are-perplexing/YSrSEr3iFil70Iz8XpRPdI/story.html

Sebastian Vollmer out for season...

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9899871/sebastian-vollmer-new-england-patriots-placed-injured-reserve

So let's compare...

Broncos = 

Julius Thomas
Erik Decker
Wes Welker
Andre Caldwell
Trindon Holliday

Patriots = 
Gronkowski <<<<Missed first half of season now gone for the rest of the season.  Pats has no real TE left.
Kenbrell Thompkins  <<<Rookie WR who can't grasp the offense and drops balls and has been injuried.
Aaron Dobson <<<<Rookie WR who can't grasp the offense and drops balls and has been injured.
Danny Amendola <<<<Missed multiple games this season due to injuries.
Steven Ridley <<<<Their best RB who is benched due to fumbles.
Julian Edelman <<<<The Pats' most reliable offensive weapon so far!!! lol 
Sebastian Vollmer <<<<Offensive lineman out for the season.

MIAMI -- Rookie New England Patriots wide receivers Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins have been ruled out for Sunday's road game against the Miami Dolphins.

Dobson will miss his third straight game with a foot injury, while Thompkins will miss his second straight with a hip injury.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/10138730/aaron-dobson-kenbrell-thompkins-ruled-new-england-patriots

Reading your ignorant posts you must have never played football in your life and you obviously don't follow football teams closely to do a simple basic task that an 8 year old can do like check a team's injury report through out the season so get back to playing Madden and make sure when you're watching you team to wear your lucky stained jersey you haven't washed in 15 years as your good luck charm.  lol   :highfive2:

You should get a prize for all the ignorant , ridiculous crap you post. Big deal that the Broncos have a better offense than the Pats. They have a better QB and Wr's than every team in the NFL. So what ? So did Brady when he threw for 50 TDs and I don't remember anyone wanting to take the MVP away from him.  If Brady had a similar year to PM , then of coarse , I could see your point. Just because the Pats have only lost one less game due to a couple fluke wins , you conclude that  Brady has done as much as Manning. One guy has around 22 Tds and 9-10 ints and the other has around 47 Td's and the same # of ints. Of coarse Manning has better weapons , but so what ? The two guys aren't even in the same stratosphere when it comes to 2013  performance.

BTW... Denver has a horrible defense and are still the best team in the AFC due to their QB.

Lets see how many voters agree with me and how many agree with you. 

You truly are a typical Pats fan. I did everyday business with produce buyers in Boston. They were *s that thought and talked just like you. I would bite my tongue as I listened to stuff  like you have here. But in the end , I skinned them bad enough to retire at 55 so I guess it was worth it.

You should get a prize for all the ignorant , ridiculous crap you post. Big deal that the Broncos have a better offense than the Pats. They have a better QB and Wr's than every team in the NFL. So what ? So did Brady when he threw for 50 TDs and I don't remember anyone wanting to take the MVP away from him.  If Brady had a similar year to PM , then of coarse , I could see your point. Just because the Pats have only lost one less game due to a couple fluke wins , you conclude that  Brady has done as much as Manning. One guy has around 22 Tds and 9-10 ints and the other has around 47 Td's and the same # of ints. Of coarse Manning has better weapons , but so what ? The two guys aren't even in the same stratosphere when it comes to 2013  performance.

BTW... Denver has a horrible defense and are still the best team in the AFC due to their QB.

Lets see how many voters agree with me and how many agree with you. 

You truly are a typical Pats fan. I did everyday business with produce buyers in Boston. They were *s that thought and talked just like you. I would bite my tongue as I listened to stuff  like you have here. But in the end , I skinned them bad enough to retire at 55 so I guess it was worth it.

Retired at 55. That is awesome. My dad left teaching at age 58 and retired but then got a government job that he has been working for the last 23 years. I wonder if he will ever officially "retire." ;)

Lots of snow today. Wish the Dolphins had to come here for the game as it would have been over by halftime. Those southern boys hate the snow and cold. :)

I need a big day from Edleman , so please no snow. Yeah , I guess being a bum at 55 is OK but working is not so bad. Ohhh... and your dad was no dummy. Teaching provides a really good pension , so he was probably fully vested and made close to what he was earning by quititng.

I need a big day from Edleman , so please no snow. Yeah , I guess being a bum at 55 is OK but working is not so bad. Ohhh... and your dad was no dummy. Teaching provides a really good pension , so he was probably fully vested and made close to what he was earning by quititng.

He was very smart to retire when he did. Nice pension and he has SS too. One of the few who actually get that. My dad is pretty much my hero in life. Worked two jobs his entire life (teaching and then the gov.). Never complained. Raised seven kids with his wife getting sick in her 50's and kept right on plugging away. I joke with him that my mom is the one responsible for the Red Sox championships as she passed in 2002 and then bam Word Series after World Series. He is a baseball junkie and Sox die hard. This season was very special for him especially when one of the national media said the Sox of this century are like the Yankees of last century. That statement might have made his life. :D

The Oline has not been very good this year. Injuries there and just poor play all around. Brady has been sacked the most this year I think than any other year of his career and rushed constantly.

The Oline has not been very good this year. Injuries there and just poor play all around. Brady has been sacked the most this year I think than any other year of his career and rushed constantly.

I did forget that the RT is on IR and I only have watched your team in bits and pieces this year , so I'll take your word on hat one.Of coarse Brady is still Brady but unless these last 3 games break strangely , Manning will get at least 90% of the MVP votes. 

He was very smart to retire when he did. Nice pension and he has SS too. One of the few who actually get that. My dad is pretty much my hero in life. Worked two jobs his entire life (teaching and then the gov.). Never complained. Raised seven kids with his wife getting sick in her 50's and kept right on plugging away. I joke with him that my mom is the one responsible for the Red Sox championships as she passed in 2002 and then bam Word Series after World Series. He is a baseball junkie and Sox die hard. This season was very special for him especially when one of the national media said the Sox of this century are like the Yankees of last century. That statement might have made his life. :D

This year was no doubt an amazing year for the Red Sox. I still can't figure out how they beat both the Tigers and Cards as those teams had ,IOM way better starting pitchers. Usually that holds up but the Red Sox overcame it twice.

I did two monster FBL's with my son and had a rebirth following baseball. Was always a huge Pirate fan and had given up about 7-8 years ago. What I find amazing is how baseball is taking a step forward as far as coaching and strategy. Teams like Ptt and TB are saving tons of runs with defensive shifts and new pitching technique. They even now have it broke down on how many wins a certain player really means. I think this will bring an end to trades like Shields for Meyers. You have to be an * to keep making trades like that.  Football on the other hand is mostly still being run in the same conservative way that it was 30 years ago. You guys are lucky to have a guy like Belichick whose smart enough to toss aside the old thinking and make moves that give his team a better chance to win. Our guy Pagano is a classic example of the old school and is a horrible game manager. Anyway nice to hear about your dad . Seven kids and then a sick wife is no doubt a full plate.

I did forget that the RT is on IR and I only have watched your team in bits and pieces this year , so I'll take your word on hat one.Of coarse Brady is still Brady but unless these last 3 games break strangely , Manning will get at least 90% of the MVP votes. 

Manning should get 100 percent of the votes IMO.

This year was no doubt an amazing year for the Red Sox. I still can't figure out how they beat both the Tigers and Cards as those teams had ,IOM way better starting pitchers. Usually that holds up but the Red Sox overcame it twice.

I did two monster FBL's with my son and had a rebirth following baseball. Was always a huge Pirate fan and had given up about 7-8 years ago. What I find amazing is how baseball is taking a step forward as far as coaching and strategy. Teams like Ptt and TB are saving tons of runs with defensive shifts and new pitching technique. They even now have it broke down on how many wins a certain player really means. I think this will bring an end to trades like Shields for Meyers. You have to be an * to keep making trades like that.  Football on the other hand is mostly still being run in the same conservative way that it was 30 years ago. You guys are lucky to have a guy like Belichick whose smart enough to toss aside the old thinking and make moves that give his team a better chance to win. Our guy Pagano is a classic example of the old school and is a horrible game manager. Anyway nice to hear about your dad . Seven kids and then a sick wife is no doubt a full plate.

Yeah, I am not sure how they pulled it off either. The Tigers and Cards were better teams but they both made too many mistakes. Tigers could not run a base to save their lives and the Cards relief pitching was not there. The Red Sox bullpen also outperformed both teams and of course David Ortiz who is the one of the best clutch players in the game.

I do like what baseball is doing. The whole Moneyball concept from Billy Beane is now part of the game which gives small budget teams a fighting chance if you have good mgmt like you said. Of course you can have all the money in the world like the Yankees and keep giving monster contracts to aging vets. I still can't believe they paid Ellsbury $21 mil a year and let Cano walk.

Football is such a different beast. You are right about Belichick. He knows when to move on but boy does Brady cover him a lot. I really hope he gives us the chance to watch him coach post-Brady. But I have a feeling he will disappear like Walsh did after Montana.

Manning should get 100 percent of the votes IMO.

Of coarse , I mean you can't even consider anyone else at this stage of the season. I really have tried to let that kind of stupid stuff go as it just  always ends up to be a board war . I mean is just not even a half way intelligent argument. Brady is a great QB but the year he's having is just not the what has defined an NFL MVP. Pretty sure Brees will finish ahead of him also if the saints don't implode.

Denver is 11-3 with terrible D, terrible special teams sans field goal kicker and * poor discipline. (Buttload of penalties and blunders) Forget all the stats that go with it - the fact that they have that record in spite of a bad overall team is pretty telling in and of itself for who the MVP is.

A lot of credit has to go to the O-line, too. They've done very well for losing the best tackle in the game in Clady.  Moreno at RB has put in a great effort week in and week out. The receivers are all hot/cold as far as drops go, but obviously someone has to be catching those passes and they've all done very well as a whole.

The offense is carrying Denver.

Come playoff time if those receivers (or QB) play mediocre Denver will lose MVP or not. Expecting them to play lights out 1-3 games in a row against top competition is absurd. At some point the rest of the team needs to get off the bus. (Aside from Von Miller, who always looks good on D)