Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning MVP. Locked In?

IndyTrav

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why shouldn't PM get it? He's once again having a great regular season.

The MVP has kind of gone the way of the Pro Bowl IMO. It's just as much a popularity contest as anything else and Peyton has worked hard on that "Aw shucks I'm a good old boy" image just as much as his game. 

Dustin

To lose the MVP now?

Peyton would have to call a press conference and admit that Elisabeth Hasselbeck is his 'love child',

the product of a 1990s affair with Hillary Clinton

(and independents would still vote for him)

Elizabeth Hasselbeck and Peyton are the same age.

Please tell me if the 49ers have such a loaded and "better" team, why doesn't their record reflect that?

Ill tell you why, because they aren't better.

8-4 is hardly a terrible record. This is with Colin Kaepernick, a typical sophomore read option QB that teams now have footage to gameplan against. As a result, he's regressed from last season. Still a decent QB, but far from the guy who led the 49'ers to the Super Bowl. The team is 8-4 despite him completely sucking up the joint in several games this season.

Throw Peyton on there and they're a one loss team. Tops.

You have?.

Is that why you were happy they let him go?.

They didn't let him go. They offered him two contracts over the past two years that he turned down. As great as he has been he is a slot guy and slot guys are not hard to replace from a production standpoint. Endleman is on pace for 90+ catches but more importantly the Pats have become an offense that is more down the field and less over the middle. Their O is much less predictable and harder to defend and that is a good thing especially when the playoffs roll around.

IM sick of people down playing wide receivers just because they are not house hold names.  Gronk is the best tight end in foot ball edlemen is very underrated gets great separation and has hands dobsin and thompkins are future studs get separartion and have been coming on  and amandola is a stud brady has weapons and about 10 seconds to throw the ball every play.....  and don't act like decker is a stud put him with a average qb and he is average and so is julius thomas

Can you show me one of your post from earlier this season praising the Patriots wide receivers?

They didn't let him go. They offered him two contracts over the past two years that he turned down. As great as he has been he is a slot guy and slot guys are not hard to replace from a production standpoint. Endleman is on pace for 90+ catches but more importantly the Pats have become an offense that is more down the field and less over the middle. Their O is much less predictable and harder to defend and that is a good thing especially when the playoffs roll around.

But you were very happy when he was dropping all the balls and you have a welker emoticon etc and said he doesn't play well when mattered and now you call him the best slot receiver?.

But you were very happy when he was dropping all the balls and you have a welker emoticon etc and said he doesn't play well when mattered and now you call him the best slot receiver?.

Ah the drops. Painful to think about. He is the best slot receiver in terms of production. Can't argue that. But he comes up small in big moments and that can't be denied either and he led the league in drops last year. It is what it is. I am perfectly happy with the state of the Pats offense at this point.

He and Peyton are a good match. Wes is a great regular season player.

Ah the drops. Painful to think about. He is the best slot receiver in terms of production. Can't argue that. But he comes up small in big moments and that can't be denied either and he led the league in drops last year. It is what it is. I am perfectly happy with the state of the Pats offense at this point.

Well cant call someone the best slot player when they drop balls especially in big moments.

Well cant call someone the best slot player when they drop balls especially in big moments.

It depends how you view things. For last six years, Wes is unmatched in his production. But he has had some big drops. In the end, I want players that play their best ball in the biggest games but then again in NE we measure things by championships not stats.

You'd have to ask Wes. His new bride is from Denver so maybe that played a part? I hope you're not so misinformed as to think Denver's offer was better?

You need to relax, did i say Denver offer was better?. I just asked why he left since you happen to know a lot about it.

It depends how you view things. For last six years, Wes is unmatched in his production. But he has had some big drops. In the end, I want players that play their best ball in the biggest games but then again in NE we measure things by championships not stats.

When you call someone the best player, stats, clutch moments all are taken into account. You dont just say he is the best player and he also drops passes when mattered.

Get your facts straight. He was offered a better contact by the Patriots than the one he signed in Denver. As his replacement Edelman is having a better year IMO. 

May be you need to get the facts straight a bit?. 

This is from the Boston article.

"Denver Broncos for two years and $12 million instead of re-upping with New England for two years and $10 million"

You need to relax, did i say Denver offer was better?. I just asked why he left since you happen to know a lot about it.

I'm relaxed. Who said Denver was better? Ask Wes why he left. I have know idea all I know is NE offered a better deal than Denver.

May be you need to get the facts straight a bit?. 

This is from the Boston article.

"Denver Broncos for two years and $12 million instead of re-upping with New England for two years and $10 million"

Two yeas ago the Pats offered Wes a two year deal at $16 mil that he turned down. Pats franchised him and paid him 9.5 mil. Had he take that deal he would be making 8 mil this year instead of 6. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/17/patriots-now-offering-welker-less-than-they-offered-last-year/

Two yeas ago the Pats offered Wes a two year deal at $16 mil that he turned down. Pats franchised him and paid him 9.5 mil. Had he take that deal he would be making 8 mil this year instead of 6.

Honey, those were 2 years ago and Denver wasnt even in the picture.

Lets talk last year. Denver offered more than NE based on your link.

It totally does.

Last week you were all happy about Welker dropping balls, glad he isnt playing for Pats, comes up short in the big moments, Welker emoticon etc and now that Elway signed him, he is the best slot receiver?

I said he was the best slot receiver then too. But very happy about his miscues as it cost the Broncos the game at the end.

Honey, those were 2 years ago and Denver wasnt even in the picture.

Lets talk last year. Denver offered more than NE based on your link.

No question but that does not change the fact the Pats offered more two years ago then Denver this past year. And the 16 mil was fully guaranteed. That is not true with his current contract.

RIght but i hear NE offered 2 yr 10 millions vs 2 yr 12 millions which Denver did unless i am missing something

Wrong. Denver is a ONE YEAR deal with a CLUB option to pick up the second season. The Patriots deal was two years guaranteed and structured to pay him 8 million in 2013.

No question but that does not change the fact the Pats offered more two years ago then Denver this past year. And the 16 mil was fully guaranteed. That is not true with his current contract.

Yeah but one year makes a lot of difference.

Lets talk when both are even last year. Pats offered less than Denver.

Yeah but one year makes a lot of difference.

Lets talk when both are even last year. Pats offered less than Denver.

No one is denying it but it does not change the fact that he left for 1 mil more a year and could have had 2 more mil and a completely guaranteed contract if he had signed the Pats deal two years ago. His agent completely misjudged the market for him.

No one is denying it but it does not change the fact that he left for 1 mil more a year and could have had 2 more mil and a completely guaranteed contract if he had signed the Pats deal two years ago. His agent completely misjudged the market for him.

If he signed that contract, it would end this year. Now he has another year with Denver. He actually made more money by franchise tag for one year with Patriots. Moneywise, it worked out well for him. May be thats what he wanted.

If he signed that contract, it would end this year. Now he has another year with Denver. He actually made more money by franchise tag for one year with Patriots. Moneywise, it worked out well for him. May be thats what he wanted.

If he plays the second year with Denver then yes it worked out well for him. In the end it was less about money and more about Bill according to Wes anyways.