Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning MVP. Locked In?

IndyTrav

If he plays the second year with Denver then yes it worked out well for him. In the end it was less about money and more about Bill according to Wes anyways.

Yep, everything went downhill when he started joking about Rex and his foot fetish.

I mean Bill has a protocol and every player who plays for patriots follow that. He deviated and got the treatment. 

Never mess with Bill.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Denver picks up the second year, its 2 million more than NE?. Just asking.

I guess it's perspective. He'd already been paid much more than market value by NE the two previous seasons (talk about loyalty). 2 years guaranteed for 10 million as opposed to one for 6 million? Careers end every week in the NFL.

Keep those fingers crossed Mr. and Mrs. Welker.

I guess it's perspective. He'd already been paid much more than market value by NE the two previous seasons (talk about loyalty). 2 years guaranteed for 10 million as opposed to one for 6 million? Careers end every week in the NFL.

Lets talk fact here and get to perspective after.

I dont know the contract details ( guaranteed vs non guaranteed ). I will take your word on that. There is a lot of ifs and buts and i dont want to get into that. But if everything goes per plan, Denver is a better deal. For a guy who has hardly missed any playing time in his career, the percentage works in his favor. So yeah, NE is not a better deal.

Either way, it is clear the rift with Belichick is the reason he left not the money.

I don't argue against Brady getting it, but I wouldn't give it to him based on one head to head game.

I wasnt pinning my claim on one game. all im saying is brady is having just as much success record wise with less talent

I disagree 1000% Elway is one of the 4 or 5 greatest QBs of the 20th century...and Is one of Peyton's idols..

not to mention a guy who played on 2 titles teams at the end of his career

..all I can say is that you must not have seen him every week the way I did..

It helps being old sometimes..

Peyton admires John E. as a legend..and I'm sure that's why he's in Denver today

I'm in my mid 30's and my best friend in high school idolized Elway. No I didn't watch every game because it was out of market and in that time we couldn't watch out of market...but I saw plenty of Elway. He is a top 10 hof qb...and his desire to win was relentless....and he was blessed with more physical attributes than just about any qb to ever play....but I don't think he is on the same level of leader that Peyton is. Peyton literally runs practice and is as much a player/coach I've ever seen. Not only does his on the field adjustments win plenty of football games every single man to person says when he walked into that locker room the whole team changed. Elway was great...he was....you don't go to that many SBs and win a couple as well and not be...but he had a couple legendary coaches as well. I just think that as far as LEADERS go...Peyton has few peers....great qbs....sure...he has that list of all time greats...the Brady's, Montana's, Unitas, Marino etc...I just not seen many others set the example for a team and lead the way he does. But it is an opinion...and I realize that.

I wasnt pinning my claim on one game. all im saying is brady is having just as much success record wise with less talent

I think Brady has plenty of talent on his team...sure most of them are on the defensive side of the ball but that defense carried the team early on....it wasn't like Brady was even in the top half of qbs before Gronk got healthy...he managed the game and made some crucial late drives...clutch but MVP of the league...no...possibly not MVP of his team for the first half the season. He certainly has stepped up as late with the defense losing almost everyone...but I don't see how he can be the MVP of the league with only a half a season of elite qb production. To discredit the players he has around him is crazy...and discredit the fact that he has HANDS DOWN the BEST Coach in football...I could argue for other players but I can't argue for Brady (this time). Brees maybe...Calvin...long shot...but if you want to argue for Brady then I would say that vote should just as easily go for Russell Wilson...after all his offensive talent around him isn't even as good as Brady's....if that is your arguement...after all...he has a better record then Peyton and Brady...and stats that aren't that dissimilar to Brady.

Brady

19TDS/8INTS 88RTG 3267YDS

Wison

19TDS/6INTS 105.1RTG 2362YDS (401RUSHING) 1 LESS GAME

To me it comes down to Brees and Manning and in any other year I would be hard pressed not to vote for Drew but kinda like last year with AP...the guy is having a once in a generation type season. They have similar records and just looking at the numbers it seems Peyton has the edge.

Brees

28TDS/8INTS 107.3RTG 3647YDS 1 LESS GAME

Manning

41TDS/9INTS 115.3RTG 4125YDS

I would say its close but really it isn't THAT close this year...at least with the qbs....if you want to throw Calvin in it you can...its hard to compare but there are guys like Josh Gordon etc that are putting up close to similar numbers it kinda makes it hard to make a case. Anything could change...but all things continuing as are...PM MVP #5....and of course that means A LOT....just not as much as winning the SB for him I'm sure.

I have been saying this all year but this may be Brady's finest year since 2006 when he was throwing to Caldwell and Gaffney. But it is not MVP worthy. I think even he would admit that. His play just hasn't been there mostly because of all the new parts and injuries but this year's Pats team is more of a "team" then it has been in recent seasons. All I care about is the Lombardi anyways. Brady has two MVPs including the only unanimous MVP in league history. I would think the race comes down to Manning and Brees and that is only if Manning's play continues to drop in Dec and Brees plays lights out. Manning has been superb all season save for his game in NE which is pretty typical anyways when he faces Brady in the elements.

I think a far more interesting discussion is Coach of the Year. I think Bill is the most deserving but much will be determined on what happens with KC. If they continue to free fall then I would think Bill is a lock but given how much the media hates him, they could snub him as well.

Why shouldn't PM get it? He's once again having a great regular season.

The MVP has kind of gone the way of the Pro Bowl IMO. It's just as much a popularity contest as anything else and Peyton has worked hard on that "Aw shucks I'm a good old boy" image just as much as his game. 

Both amfootball & TAPLOOK make some great points. Now, I don't even really care what Peyton's regular season record is...I will only really give a darn about 1 thing: The Broncos performance in the Playoffs. Tom Brady & Drew Brees have shown me that both QBs can win in the post season. Manning hasn't done that since 2009. If 18 is arguably considered 1 of the best QBs in this league then don't say it; prove it. 

Popularity shouldn't matter production across the entire NFL season should. I agree 100% No one gets points for being close or 2nd place. I can't give Peyton a pass anymore. A lot of people criticized CR91 for making a MVP case for Tom Brady why exactly? Tom took no name players & made then better. Plus, he has won games digging out of a hole in New Orleans & Houston. I have to be honest here: Both Brady & Brees are having fantastic seasons. I support Peyton sure, but I am also a firm believer in fairness too. Don't be too quick to dismiss what Brady & Brees have done. I don't just give it too 18 because he has won 4 MVPs already. This isn't a matching set of fine China or drinking glasses. A QB has to earn it on a level playing field with the rest of their competition fair & square. 

I've said this before. MVP Awards are no consolation prize for SB rings & I firmly believe that. If Manning fails to acquire a 2nd SB ring before he retires, he will still be a 1st ballot HOF winner, but there are different levels of greatness & Manning wouldn't be deemed as great as he otherwise might have been as the only NFL QB to win 2 SBs with 2 different franchises. 

BB has done a marvelous job with that defense especially with Mayo & Wilfork out. I'd be perfectly fine with Coach Of The Year for him. No problem with that at all. But if the Panthers continue to win, Ron Rivera is worth a serious look too IMHO.

8-4 is hardly a terrible record. This is with Colin Kaepernick, a typical sophomore read option QB that teams now have footage to gameplan against. As a result, he's regressed from last season. Still a decent QB, but far from the guy who led the 49'ers to the Super Bowl. The team is 8-4 despite him completely sucking up the joint in several games this season.

Throw Peyton on there and they're a one loss team. Tops.

Put Peyton on half of the teams in the league and they are a one loss team. Manning is good enough to carry and equal 7-8 wins by himself. Kaepernick has played bad at times this season but he isn't the only reason they've struggled. Their defense got shredded in the Seattle game. They couldn't stop the Colts run game all day when they played out in San Fran. They are what their record is which is a mildly above average team, certainly not an elite team.

I think Brady has plenty of talent on his team...sure most of them are on the defensive side of the ball but that defense carried the team early on....it wasn't like Brady was even in the top half of qbs before Gronk got healthy...he managed the game and made some crucial late drives...clutch but MVP of the league...no...possibly not MVP of his team for the first half the season. He certainly has stepped up as late with the defense losing almost everyone...but I don't see how he can be the MVP of the league with only a half a season of elite qb production. To discredit the players he has around him is crazy...and discredit the fact that he has HANDS DOWN the BEST Coach in football...I could argue for other players but I can't argue for Brady (this time). Brees maybe...Calvin...long shot...but if you want to argue for Brady then I would say that vote should just as easily go for Russell Wilson...after all his offensive talent around him isn't even as good as Brady's....if that is your arguement...after all...he has a better record then Peyton and Brady...and stats that aren't that dissimilar to Brady.

Brady

19TDS/8INTS 88RTG 3267YDS

Wison

19TDS/6INTS 105.1RTG 2362YDS (401RUSHING) 1 LESS GAME

To me it comes down to Brees and Manning and in any other year I would be hard pressed not to vote for Drew but kinda like last year with AP...the guy is having a once in a generation type season. They have similar records and just looking at the numbers it seems Peyton has the edge.

Brees

28TDS/8INTS 107.3RTG 3647YDS 1 LESS GAME

Manning

41TDS/9INTS 115.3RTG 4125YDS

I would say its close but really it isn't THAT close this year...at least with the qbs....if you want to throw Calvin in it you can...its hard to compare but there are guys like Josh Gordon etc that are putting up close to similar numbers it kinda makes it hard to make a case. Anything could change...but all things continuing as are...PM MVP #5....and of course that means A LOT....just not as much as winning the SB for him I'm sure.

Both amfootball & TAPLOOK make some great points. Now, I don't even really care what Peyton's regular season record is...I will only really give a darn about 1 thing: The Broncos performance in the Playoffs. Tom Brady & Drew Brees have shown me that both QBs can win in the post season. Manning hasn't done that since 2009. If 18 is arguably considered 1 of the best QBs in this league then don't say it; prove it. 

Popularity shouldn't matter production across the entire NFL season should. I agree 100% No one gets points for being close or 2nd place. I can't give Peyton a pass anymore. A lot of people criticized CR91 for making a MVP case for Tom Brady why exactly? Tom took no name players & made then better. Plus, he has won games digging out of a hole in New Orleans & Houston. I have to be honest here: Both Brady & Brees are having fantastic seasons. I support Peyton sure, but I am also a firm believer in fairness too. Don't be too quick to dismiss what Brady & Brees have done. I don't just give it too 18 because he has won 4 MVPs already. This isn't a matching set of fine China or drinking glasses. A QB has to earn it on a level playing field with the rest of their competition fair & square. 

I've said this before. MVP Awards are no consolation prize for SB rings & I firmly believe that. If Manning fails to acquire a 2nd SB ring before he retires, he will still be a 1st ballot HOF winner, but there are different levels of greatness & Manning wouldn't be deemed as great as he otherwise might have been as the only NFL QB to win 2 SBs with 2 different franchises. 

BB has done a marvelous job with that defense especially with Mayo & Wilfork out. I'd be perfectly fine with Coach Of The Year for him. No problem with that at all. But if the Panthers continue to win, Ron Rivera is worth a serious look too IMHO.

no time to  TRULY weigh in , many are worthy even without the stats, so far Peytons stats are something else though when up there in many a category not just QB rating  & of course I am partial and as SW1 says SB is the goal not the MVP for Peyton , unless its thge MVP for a winning SB team

Wilson excellent, has a much better d, same with Brees and Brady, Pressure would be off Peyton with better D 

Jarwarski on Mike & m,ike after a week to review the tape with more looks  saaid Peyton actually made the right reads Vs Pats , his players didnt follow threw, he said that was something he initially didnt realize without said review

just 1 more stat for all to consider yet i dont fully understand it -- QBR, Peyton only one in 80's

wilson . brady, brees all far behind in 60's , foles close around 75

all thouigh are worthy, beauty in eye of beholder & My eye says Peyton & will admit my eyes are partial 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr    QBR ratings

please read as to why i wont be here posting ., commenting save sparingly,

nor responding to anyone that quotes me here

this was first   comment since the below in MISC section  & with the way I love peyton u know i would of chimmed in earlier after that KC game if could

Dear Friends please read when can   (( ESP SECOND HALF OF IT where blue line stand out ))

http://forums.colts.com/topic/23594-dear-friends-please-read-when-can/

BYE NOW, BARRY

If he plays the second year with Denver then yes it worked out well for him. In the end it was less about money and more about Bill according to Wes anyways.

There's little doubt Denver will pick up Welker's deal is there...?

He seems to be fairly effective when he's not double-teamed like KC did.

Put Peyton on half of the teams in the league and they are a one loss team. Manning is good enough to carry and equal 7-8 wins by himself. Kaepernick has played bad at times this season but he isn't the only reason they've struggled. Their defense got shredded in the Seattle game. They couldn't stop the Colts run game all day when they played out in San Fran. They are what their record is which is a mildly above average team, certainly not an elite team.

Kaepernick also played poorly in the Seattle game and the Indy game. You assume Manning would lead his team to more than 10 points combined in two weeks. Kaep was 26/55, 277 yards, no TDs, 4 picks, in those two games. 

I dont call any of the Denver WRs world class.

They are not tough and they drop a lot of balls when it matters. They are completely over rated.

I will take a 50% Reggie Wayne over them any day.

I'd take Demarius Thomas over anyone the Patriots have had at WR over the last 10 years with the exception of Moss in his prime.

Decker is no slouch either, didn't he just pull down 4 touchdowns against the KC defense on Sunday night?  Pretty solid performance, wouldn't you say?

Gronk is the best tight end in foot ball

Agreed, Gronk is a maniac that was put on this earth to party and play football.  I love having him on the team!

edlemen is very underrated gets great separation and has hands

Edelman has had sparks of greatness, but hes been inconsistent and often injured most of his career.  Its great to see him having the year he is having right now.. on a 1 year deal no less... so hes going to cost the Pats some serious coin this off season :(

dobsin and thompkins are future studs get separartion and have been coming on

Dobson is far from a stud..  Hes been invisible for a large percentage of the year and is now injured and not contributing at all.

Thompkins got off to a good start but he has fallen off and has been looking more and more like a rookie.  He does perform better though in the short, quick passing attack offense.  Dobson is more of a vertical down field threat.

WAAYYYYY too soon to be referring to either one of those guys as "studs"

amandola is a stud

Amendola has missed a lot of games and has not produced the way they envisioned him to produce for the size of contract that he got in free agency.  

I still have high hopes for him, but he needs to stay on the field and become more consistent.

brady has weapons and about 10 seconds to throw the ball every play  

Another misleading statement that references past offensive lines.  Brady's offensive line this year has not been some impenetrable fortress that gives him "all day" to throw the ball the way that some people like to suggest.

Brady has been getting hammered over the last several weeks and his sack total at the half way point this year was higher than his entire sack total last year.

So this is just a misconception that people still cling onto in an attempt to diminish what Brady is doing... He has NOT had a lot of time in the pocket lately and has taken some serious shots.  He took some massive hits in the Texans game and the Broncos game before that as well.

You're seeing something that is not there, just because you think it helps your argument and takes credit away from Brady by praising his "impenetrable" offensive line.

and don't act like decker is a stud put him with a average qb and he is average and so is julius thomas

Didn't Decker just catch 4 touchdowns against the KC defense on Sunday Night Football? 

Pretty solid performance... id say...

Agreed, Gronk is a maniac that was put on this earth to party and play football.  I love having him on the team!

As you should JM51, he's an incredible athlete. My only issue with him & it's a tiny one are his partying antics sometimes that may get him hurt when Brady needs him down the stretch. It's just a byproduct of being young & thinking you are invincible. Everybody goes through that phase in their lives. I sure as hades did anyway. Gronk is a great blocker too. That man can catch anything! 

Edelman has had sparks of greatness, but hes been inconsistent and often injured most of his career.  Its great to see him having the year he is having right now.. on a 1 year deal no less... so hes going to cost the Pats some serious coin this off season :(

Edelman is so talented. I can see why Brady loves him. It's like he's the new Foxboro clutch guy in Wes Welker's old Mr. Reliability Role. He can do anything: punt return, slot WR, a great speed guy too. Jesus, he is elusively fast & deceptive. 

Dobson is far from a stud..  Hes been invisible for a large percentage of the year and is now injured and not contributing at all.

Thompkins got off to a good start but he has fallen off and has been looking more and more like a rookie.  He does perform better though in the short, quick passing attack offense.  Dobson is more of a vertical down field threat.

Keep Thompkins around. He will pay off big time eventually. That game winning TD in New Orleans was amazing! The Saints were stunned & so was I. I have a good feeling about that kid for your squad BTW. I always want NE at full strength even if my Colts or Broncos play your team because I respect your organization so much & victories mean more over a worthy adversary with all their tools intact on a level playing field. 

WAAYYYYY too soon to be referring to either one of those guys as "studs"

True, but their potential looks promising. BB is not the Red Cross or charity. Players earn a roster spot. They are never given anything out of need, guilty, or pity. I was kind of sad when BB cut WR Austin Collie. I won't lie, but I trust his judgement & if Collie fell short...he fell short. That's 1 of my problems with the Colts under the Tony Dungy & Jim Caldwell HCing regimes, we kept aging players too long for sentimental reasons. Thankfully, our new regime won't do that. I hope anyway.

Amendola has missed a lot of games and has not produced the way they envisioned him to produce for the size of contract that he got in free agency.  

I still have high hopes for him, but he needs to stay on the field and become more consistent.

Yup, availability is often more essential than talent. I couldn't agree more. Amendola is a chain mover when he is on the field & with Vereen, Blount, & Bolden running the ball so well Amendola is even more deadly IMO. 

You are very fair & objective JM51. I respect that. 

I'd take Demarius Thomas over anyone the Patriots have had at WR over the last 10 years with the exception of Moss in his prime.

Decker is no slouch either, didn't he just pull down 4 touchdowns against the KC defense on Sunday night?  Pretty solid performance, wouldn't you say?

Take DT and send Julius Eldenman. He is tough and doesnt drop the balls when it mattered.

The weird thing is after the Broncos lost their 24-0 halftime lead & eventual loss the game courtesy of the Patriots I always get a kick out of reading the responses & seeing who honestly says "Wow, man we have some work to do." That's what the best teams in this league do week in week out. They don't give a darn about individual stats, what the talking head naysayers spew, or look for excuses from the refs to explain why they lost. They just shut up, look at the film, & go what the hades do I need to fix & improve upon? The best coaches in this league live by this creed: Tom Coughlin, Mike Tomlin, BB, John Harbaugh, & Chuck Pagano just to name a few elite men that I respect in the NFL. 

Any fool can point fingers at someone else for a devastating loss, but the hardest thing to do is swallow your pride, acknowledge your role in the loss, & admit that your squad will sink or swim together as a collective unit, & that you are only as strong as your weakest link. Truthful self examination after a devastating loss is not easy. Plus, there is a fine line between being critical & destroying a team's chemistry & mojo too.

Success in this league longevity in this league is all about the ability to adapt on the fly, having selective amnesia to move on, & being strong enough to handle fans & your head coach telling you firmly that you played like crap & need to fix x, y, & Z ASAP.   

I don't what my point is other than this: I respect bloggers on here like Yehoodi,  Gopats, & Superman who can be honest about a lackluster game performance...Enough said...

Kaepernick also played poorly in the Seattle game and the Indy game. You assume Manning would lead his team to more than 10 points combined in two weeks. Kaep was 26/55, 277 yards, no TDs, 4 picks, in those two games.

There's always a flip side to that coin. There was the arguement for years (still kinda true in Denver) that because Mannings offenses would score so much and/or very quick that the teams defense would be out there an absorbent amount of time and be gassed by the of games. The same could of happened to the 49ers given that its happened with Manning in Denver.

It's weird but it just feels like every good and bad thing that has happened with Peyton over his career is an amplified version in Denver now. Even crazier stats but tougher lossses. Seemingly more insurmountable lead against teams that should of lost. Bigger comebacks (24 point chargers game) but bigger lost leads (pats game). Strange stuff.

Peyton Manning should definitely be considered one of the favorites for the MVP this season.  His stats and team record speak for itself.

But I don't think he should be an automatic lock for it as there needs to be discussion and close look at other players too around the league.

Others who should be considered MVP too in no particular order...

Cam Newton

Russel Wilson

Nick Foles

Calvin Johnson

Tom Brady <<<<< Two new rookie WR's.  No more Wes Welker, Dion Branch, Brandon Lloyd, Aaron Hernandez, Danny Woodhead.  Gronk and Amendola have been injured for many games in the first half of the season.  His #1 target is Julian Edelman.  The Pats' Defense has no Wilfork or Mayo.

There's always a flip side to that coin. There was the arguement for years (still kinda true in Denver) that because Mannings offenses would score so much and/or very quick that the teams defense would be out there an absorbent amount of time and be gassed by the of games. The same could of happened to the 49ers given that its happened with Manning in Denver.

It's weird but it just feels like every good and bad thing that has happened with Peyton over his career is an amplified version in Denver now. Even crazier stats but tougher lossses. Seemingly more insurmountable lead against teams that should of lost. Bigger comebacks (24 point chargers game) but bigger lost leads (pats game). Strange stuff.

About the Niners, I'm just saying that the defensive struggles haven't been the only issue with them. Kaep looked pretty bad for a couple weeks there. Manning has had bad games, but in recent years, he hasn't put together two games in a row like that.

As for Peyton with the Broncos, I hadn't really thought about that. You're right though. He's had a very interesting career. Some people think it's just excuse making, but Manning's teams have had more ups and downs in big games than any other QB. No other QB has helped his team to a 4th quarter lead, only to see it surrendered by the defense, as many times as Manning. He has some of the biggest comebacks, but after the Pats game a couple weeks ago, one of the biggest comebacks against as well. I just shrug at this point.

Good points. The hurry up all game long is not a good strategy for winning in general for the reasons you just outlined. The defense gets gassed and if the O has a three out it is a 60 second turn around. But for Manning rushing to the line is part of how he dissects a defense which works if he is scoring, if not it is a killer on his D.

Good points. The hurry up all game long is not a good strategy for winning in general for the reasons you just outlined. The defense gets gassed and if the O has a three out it is a 60 second turn around. But for Manning rushing to the line is part of how he dissects a defense which works if he is scoring, if not it is a killer on his D.

I think the hurry up is overblown, in Manning's case. It's been rare that the offense actually tries to play at a breakneck pace. They'll hurry to the line, but they usually don't snap the ball any faster than a normal offense. They'll quick snap you to catch you subbing. They'll go a possession or two at a fast pace, but it's more of a hurry up and wait, than an actual hurry up.

If they do fail on some of those drives, it can tax the defense. Scoring quickly does the same thing. But I don't think you'll see very much of a Manning offense going hurry up and getting stopped in three plays.

I think the hurry up is overblown, in Manning's case. It's been rare that the offense actually tries to play at a breakneck pace. They'll hurry to the line, but they usually don't snap the ball any faster than a normal offense. They'll quick snap you to catch you subbing. They'll go a possession or two at a fast pace, but it's more of a hurry up and wait, than an actual hurry up.

If they do fail on some of those drives, it can tax the defense. Scoring quickly does the same thing. But I don't think you'll see very much of a Manning offense going hurry up and getting stopped in three plays.

I need to check the stats but I believe the Broncos are one of the top if the top offense in plays run this season and they were second last season. You don't get there without snapping the ball fast play to play.

I do think it would benefit his team more if he slowed it down. Brady often talks about the hurry up and the need to have balance to keep the defense from getting a beat on you but to also help your own defense get a rest.

I need to check the stats but I believe the Broncos are one of the top if the top offense in plays run this season and they were second last season. You don't get there without snapping the ball fast play to play.

I do think it would benefit his team more if he slowed it down. Brady often talks about the hurry up and the need to have balance to keep the defense from getting a beat on you but to also help your own defense get a rest.

Sure you can, if you put together long drives.

I'm not saying the Broncos don't play at a faster pace; they do. I'm just saying it's not hurry up pace all the time, despite being mostly no huddle. 

Sure you can, if you put together long drives.

I'm not saying the Broncos don't play at a faster pace; they do. I'm just saying it's not hurry up pace all the time, despite being mostly no huddle. 

Right but when his teams have struggled the hurry up has hurt them. I am not saying it is the sole reason but def. part of the picture. That trend has bled over from Indy to Denver IMO.

Right but when his teams have struggled the hurry up has hurt them. I am not saying it is the sole reason but def. part of the picture. That trend has bled over from Indy to Denver IMO.

We never ran hurry up. We ran no huddle, and Peyton himself said he wouldn't call the offense he plays hurry up.

The Pats' Defense has no Wilfork or Mayo.

Still second in the AFC in takeaways. Only behind KC. Tied for 5th overall.

Seattle - 27

Carolina -26

Kansas City - 26

Dallas - 25

Tampa Bay and New England - 24

This is a down year for them. They've led the AFC for the past three seasons. Also they've been 2nd to 4th overall.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/givetake/league/nfc

It's important to remember that these turnovers often come as game enders. Say what one will about giving up yardage, but turnovers are what makes a defense worth its salt. Ends games and either keeps points off the board or gives your offense great field position. Or both.

Another misleading statement that references past offensive lines.  Brady's offensive line this year has not been some impenetrable fortress that gives him "all day" to throw the ball the way that some people like to suggest.

Against Houston he had a play where even the announcer said Brady threw out of boredom. It doesn't happen regularly like it used to, but he's gone from having great/the best pass protection in football downgraded to very good. Mostly due to injuries, but they're still very well coached.

Barring a blown block/missed assignment he still usually gets plenty of time. It's not a bonafide vault at present, but I guarantee you a guy like Rodgers or Luck would love to have it and it would be a substantial upgrade for most QB's.