Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning MVP. Locked In?

IndyTrav

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many of those games were in a dome? look this isnt just manning. teams tend to run more when it gets colder.

This dome talk is getting old buddy.

Last 2 years, there is no Dome in Denver. He almost won an MVP last year and on verge of one this year. For a 37 yr old with banged up neck, not too bad. Lets cut it out.

Guest TeamLoloJones

your fact was just to be annoying not to support your claim

How is me reminding you that Peyton has a better record than Brady not support my claim of Peyton being the MVP?

Guest TeamLoloJones

because I said just as much success record wise

Should I post a stats comparison? Or would that just be annoying too?  Since it obviously wouldn't support my claim either.

Should I post a stats comparison? Or would that just be annoying too?  Since it obviously wouldn't support my claim either.

you can go ahead. peyton is throwing to three top wrs that can all be ones on another offense. brady's got a wounded TE, a qb turned wr, and two rookies

Guest TeamLoloJones

you can go ahead. peyton is throwing to three top wrs that can all be ones on another offense. brady's got a wounded TE, a qb turned wr, and two rookies

ok ok ok...we can just agree to disagree.   Remember we're on the same team.

I dont call any of the Denver WRs world class.

They are not tough and they drop a lot of balls when it matters. They are completely over rated.

I will take a 50% Reggie Wayne over them any day.

And if Brady and Peytons production was comparable you would have a valid case, but they're production is not comparable. 

I dont call any of the Denver WRs world class.

They are not tough and they drop a lot of balls when it matters. They are completely over rated.

I will take a 50% Reggie Wayne over them any day.

and you say I lack sense? welker never drops passes and if he does its rare. thomas is probably one of the best deep threats in the game along with YAC. decker can take over a game at any moment

and you say I lack sense? welker never drops passes and if he does its rare. thomas is probably one of the best deep threats in the game along with YAC. decker can take over a game at any moment

lolwut?

Welker led the league in drops last year.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Yes the MVP is all about stats.

Calvin Johnson hasn't won it because he's a WR.

Peyton Manning 2009 MVP................68% 4,500 yds 7.88 yds/att.  33 TDs  16 INTs

Drew Brees 2009 MVP runner-up......70% 4,388 yds 8.54 yds/att.  34 TDs  11 INTs

I will just take the last game as an example.

Denver WRS had 7 clear drops. All of them game changing. Not to mention the gaffe by Welker in the OT.

Dustin also highlighted about Welker.

clap clap clap. congrats you have one game. come back when that happens for a season

Guest TeamLoloJones

didnt know that, but thats one season so what

clap clap clap. congrats you have one game. come back when that happens for a season

haha...now that's funny!

never said he couldnt win it just that I think brady deserve it more for having that as much success record wise with far less talent

Then you must have been devastated in 2010.

That year Peyton played brilliantly despite a weaker cast of skill players than Brady has now, and dragged a team (with vastly less defense than NE has now) into the playoffs. He was also already starting to show signs of the injury issues that later sidelined him. It might have been his best performance ever, yet he was overwhelmed in his voting by Brady's dominating stats with a better team.

And I didn't have a problem with that - it's the way the "game" is played.

More importantly, Brady has looked liked crud for most of this season, only stepping up the past 2-3 games. The Pats record isn't a reflection of his play - just ask a Pats fan. He shouldn't even be in the MVP conversation.

So even if you make it about the injured skill players, you could easily say that Peyton dealt with the problems in 2010 far better than Brady has dealt with his this year. And Peyton is on course to have a better year statistically than Brady had in 2010. So to the original question, I'll say again that if he slips he may lose it to Brees - it's far from locked up. But if he leads the league in TDs and yards while leading the Broncos to the #1 seed he IS going to win the MVP. I don't see any rational basis to think otherwise.

Brees is long overdue for an MVP but I doubt they give it to him cause he always gets snubbed. But, if he beats Seattle/Carolina and they get the #1/#2  seed in the end my vote is Brees possibly...

Peyton had a poor game in NE and a lackluster game against the Colts until the end when he almost came back and won in a furious comeback......."almost".....Beating KC is nice and all but it's not a statement win either to me.

But, it probably goes to Peyton as long as they win the AFC West.

It looks a bit like 2009 in a way with Peyton being ahead of Brees again in standings and both teams fighting to be the #1 seed......