Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Love this Pep offense/We're bad (Official blame thread) (MEGAMERGE)

dw49

I love that some are always positive and all. They say "oh its just one game, block it out and move on". What they seem to forget is that this just happened 2 weeks ago against another inferior team. There is a huge problem and there is no way this team will win one game in the playoffs. I was a big fan of the coaches but i am quickly losing faith. Terrible preparation, stupid personnel moves, and complete stubborness has been the downfall of this team.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that some are always positive and all. They say "oh its just one game, block it out and move on". What they seem to forget is that this just happened 2 weeks ago against another inferior team. There is a huge problem and there is no way this team will win one game in the playoffs. I was a big fan of the coaches but i am quickly losing faith. Terrible preparation, stupid personnel moves, and complete stubborness has been the downfall of this team.

When you say "some" I feel like you mean me lol.

Die Hard fans won't complain about how bad a team is, when It's only 1 game.

lol, one bad game.

colts suck, straight up. Its hard to watch them anymore. I've been watching the colts for 10 seasons and I've never seen the colts play with so little heart or desire. The oline never protects luck, whether it be while the play is going, or after the play is over. I'm sorry but when I see an olineman get in a dlinemans face because he pushed his oline buddy, but NEVER does it when they do that to luck or anyone else for that matter, I have zero respect for you. This team is pathetic. If you aren't going to play. gtho of this league. As for pagano I thought he could fire this team up but Arians looks more emotional.get in a guys face when he's sucking. God.

lol, one bad game.

colts suck, straight up. Its hard to watch them anymore. I've been watching the colts for 10 seasons and I've never seen the colts play with so little heart or desire. The oline never protects luck, whether it be while the play is going, or after the play is over. I'm sorry but when I see an olineman get in a dlinemans face because he pushed his oline buddy, but NEVER does it when they do that to luck or anyone else for that matter, I have zero respect for you. This team is pathetic. If you aren't going to play. gtho of this league. As for pagano I thought he could fire this team up but Arians looks more emotional.get in a guys face when he's sucking. God.

A whole 10 seasons. impressive. Google colts circa 84-98

Colts have to change things up in the first half.  They have just gotten destroyed in the first half for a solid month now.  Honestly take out the Broncos game and it goes back further than that.  They had a slow start in the Chargers and Seahawks games as well. 

Personally I think the play calling has to change.  Look at the game they started fast in.  That was the 49ers game.  What did the Colts do?  They threw the running game open.  I think they need to go back to that.  No huddle throwing the ball on the first drive and then come back with the run. 

It might only work for a game or two but you know what at this point they have to find some kind of spark because what they are doing is just simply not working. 

On defense the secondary has been a hot mess since the Broncos game.  Honestly the Colts secondary was spot lighted in that game as refusing to come out of their man-to-man defense no matter what so teams have figured out ways too attack that secondary and without Toler they are getting shredded.  They should mix in a little zone defense from time-to-time.  It wouldn't kill them. 

We are not a solid 7-4 team, we are lucky to even be above .500 as there are several games we didnt deserve to win at all. I had my doubts bought this team after week one how bad we played Oakland,with that said I still stand behind my 8-8 prediction. No way we beat cincy kc prolly not Tennessee either,jax has been playing pretty good d lately n houston depends on what team shows up. Im looking forward to 2014. Btw people are not just saying this stuff after loses,this team plays pathetic in quite a few wins too.

How do you stay so positive ? its so hard to watch when since reggie went down the wr core and whole offense just looks really bad yes we are still in a good spot but do you honestly believe we can make a run?

Yes, we can make a run. Do you remember how bad our defense was the year we won the superbowl?

A whole 10 seasons. impressive. Google colts circa 84-98

You're not a better fan because you've watched the colts longer than some other people... I've been a fan for 21 years, because that's how long I've been alive. It really irks me when old timers get on their high horses because they've watched the colts "since before you were born" or "since your parents were in diapers" etc... It's so annoying. I'm fully aware of the indianapolis colts history, and I know it wasn't all losing seasons from 84-98

No, it has been more than just you. Like I said, Im glad that some can stay positive, but this team has taken a huge step backwards and there's no sense in pretending anything different.

I'm certainly no advocating pretending this team is perfect.

Only that dwelling on terrible losses is only going to serve the purpose of bringing you down. There's nothing that we as fans can do. Just hope that the team who was fending off SB contenders can find their way back to the field lol.

Even with the loss, the Colts are 7-4, they have a big lead in their division and can really put a monster stranglehold on it with a win next week.

Today's loss hurts a lot, but the season is far from over, and there's a lot to look forward to.

Unfortunately there is really nothing the Colts can hang their hats on as being really good at.  Defense can't stop pass or run, Offense can't run, can't pass because we can't pass block and well special teams nothing special.

I'll be happy we make the playoffs even though I think we are going to make a quick exit

Pep took Andrew Luck, an absolute stud of a QB and turned him into a dink and dunker. I understand that the O-line stinks. It did last year and Arians still let Luck play. It's not like Luck is not getting hit this year. He's getting hit just as much, but throwing for a lot less yards. This was true even with Reggie in. I'm over this offense and Pagano's desire to be a "power" offense and defense.

I want the offense to by high-flying. Forget this power B.S.

This is what happens when you hire a db coach who's only been a defensive coordinator for one year as your head coach. Pagano is a good guy but from and x's and o's standpoint he's one of the worst coaches in the league. It's ironic that the year Pagano leaves the Ravens the next year they win the superbowl. Were not winning a SB with this guy as our head coach this team needs a offensive guru like Gruden or Pete Carmichael.

I'm certainly no advocating pretending this team is perfect.

Only that dwelling on terrible losses is only going to serve the purpose of bringing you down. There's nothing that we as fans can do. Just hope that the team who was fending off SB contenders can find their way back to the field lol.

I hope they can get back to who they were earlier in the yr. too, but unless the coaches get off their stubborness kick, this team will continue to get manhandled by weaker teams. They need to shake up the o-line, they need to try Rogers out(at least he may be able to get open every once in a while). If he drops it or if he sucks, who cares? It won't be any worse than the guys were using now. Lastly, they need to stop trying to pound the ball at the beginning of the game. They can't possibly be this stupid to not recognize how pathetic the o-line is.