Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign Chris Rainey

HtownColt

Just hit my Colts app

Good signing! Goodbye David Reed!!!!! *Crosses Fingers & Hopes he is cut* :wave: :cheer:

:colts:

@KBowenColts: The @Colts have signed RB-Chris Rainey to the active roster. He played in 16 games in 2012 for Pittsburgh and played a variety of roles.

Wishfull thinking on 'goodbye Reed'.....Reed is a Pagano pal.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably more like Herron leaving....Reed is 'Pagano-charmed'.

Kind of like Satele and McGlynn???  Pro Bowlers for sure....

Reed is a waste of a roster spot...I will say it over and over again....

Herron had his nose to the football last week....but then again Lawrence Guy blocked that kick and was gone on the next Tuesday...What have ya done for me lately brother?  :)

Guest TeamLoloJones

So the Colts now have 4 Rbs that were drafted in 2012.

Richardson-3rd overall

Rainey-159th overall

Ballard-170th overall

Herron-191st overall

So the Colts now have 4 Rbs that were drafted in 2012.

Richardson-3rd overall

Rainey-159th overall

Ballard-170th overall

Herron-191st overall

Crazy draft class isn't it? People would've flipped out if I came to school my senior year saying the Colts drafted Andrew Luck, Trent Richardson, & Chris Rainey in the same draft

Apparently he had a try out for the chiefs in sept and ran a 4.3. Hope to see that on returns. Reading on him he sounds like a quick little back like sproles but with his head screwed on backwards. So now we have Rogers and Rainey who have been knuckle heads with some talent. Hopefully it works out for both of them.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Crazy draft class isn't it? People would've flipped out if I came to school my senior year saying the Colts drafted Andrew Luck, Trent Richardson, & Chris Rainey in the same draft

I'm hoping Rainey can play a Dexter McCluster like roll for us.  He's an inch taller and 10 lbs heavier than McCluster but I see alot of similarities.

Just hit my Colts app

Good signing! Goodbye David Reed!!!!! *Crosses Fingers & Hopes he is cut* :wave: :cheer:

:colts:

@KBowenColts: The @Colts have signed RB-Chris Rainey to the active roster. He played in 16 games in 2012 for Pittsburgh and played a variety of roles.

adding another piece to the short pass west coast offense

I like the Rainey signing so long as he doesn't fumble the ball, or do anything stupid off the field.  I think he's got really good value on special teams, and an extra added dimension in the screen game, and short passing game as a running  back out of the back field.

I think down the road this could turn out to be an important signing for us. I've always wanted a Darren Sproles type of player on the team, and I think this guy(Rainey) has that type of ability.  He's got the type of game I think they were looking for out of Kerwynn Williams but they didn't totally get what they wanted out of him in the return game on top of other things that led to his release.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Really like the signing he is really fast anyone by chance know how many punt and kicks he has returned for TDs

Zero in the NFL

Two punt return TDs in college but no KR TDs

Guest TeamLoloJones

But there's at least 2 PR for TDs in the video above

2 PR Tds in preseason vs. Panthers

1 KR Td in regular season vs. Giants

All of them were called backed by penalties.

If the guy can catch the ball in special teams and take the knee he's already better then David Reed.

And we can't afford to have TY returning punts.

Can you imagine what our offense would look like if TY got hurt?

Luck would complete 40 percent of his passes and we'd fall behind 21 to 0 every week.

I believe he was brought in to light a fire under TR.  Just like it did to Brown I'm hoping it will do the same for TR.  If Rainey can come in and instantly produce at the RB position, it will then be a definite issue with Trent and if that is the case can people stop defending him.

I believe he was brought in to light a fire under TR. Just like it did to Brown I'm hoping it will do the same for TR. If Rainey can come in and instantly produce at the RB position, it will then be a definite issue with Trent and if that is the case can people stop defending him.

Rainey is not really top flight RB material. Hes always been used primarily as a return man. Also if Donald Brown doubling your production doesnt motivate you, nothing will.

Rainey is the end of David Reed, not Trent Richardson.

I believe he was brought in to light a fire under TR. Just like it did to Brown I'm hoping it will do the same for TR. If Rainey can come in and instantly produce at the RB position, it will then be a definite issue with Trent and if that is the case can people stop defending him.

Rainey will be lucky to carry the ball 15 times here. He was brought in to be a pure KR.

Rainey is not really top flight RB material. Hes always been used primarily as a return man. Also if Donald Brown doubling your production doesnt motivate you, nothing will.

Rainey is the end of David Reed, not Trent Richardson.

I did not say it will be the end of TR.  This signing is the end of Whalen.  How do you know he does not have top flight RB material, he has not been giving a chance yet.  Just saying.