Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lacy and Richardson have a lot in common

azcolt

It remains to be seen but sometimes I think we are getting out of the running game a bit too early sometimes.

Other times I think Richardson is being used in the wrong type of running plays.  I was glad to see him being

used a bit more in the passing game last night.  I didn't think he was running all that bad on the plays to the 

outside, but it seems the interior runs always seem to get stuffed. 

It's the Packers great schemes, play calling and o-line. They have the best guard in the league in Josh Sitton, even James Starks ran well. The way the Packers are using Lacy is how Pep should be using Richardson but he's not. Trent is also a lot faster and more quicker then Lacy he just doesn't have Mike Mccarthy as his o-coordinator.

If we want to get technical here, they have quite a lot in common. Both are from African American descent, both are employed by the NFL, both had surgeries due to prior injuries, both are behind two future HOF QB's, both have won national titles in college, both have dreads, both play the RB position, both have a salary of more than a million, etc etc etc

Some of you guys need to stop hating on Trent. He's only played a handful of games, and you're acting like he's behind an all-pro line. If Eddie Lacy played in our system, with our line, and with the conditions Trent was put under (learning a new playbook, getting acquainted with a new city, etc) he would more than likely experience the same success Trent is currently achieving. Some of us fail to realize that Eddie has had a full offseason to learn the playbook/schemes, etc while Trent has not. Again, just to reiterate, some of you guys need to chill. Most of you had unrealistic expectations once Trent came to Indy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming that he's going to have a HOF career; however, I'm going to reserve my judgement until I've seen him play with a full offseason under his belt..and hopefully an improved line...rather than bashing the guy for the first 5-6 games.

If we want to get technical here, they have quite a lot in common. Both are from African American descent, both are employed by the NFL, both had surgeries due to prior injuries, both are behind two future HOF QB's, both have won national titles in college, both have dreads, both play the RB position, both have a salary of more than a million, etc etc etc

Some of you guys need to stop hating on Trent. He's only played a handful of games, and you're acting like he's behind an all-pro line. If Eddie Lacy played in our system, with our line, and with the conditions Trent was put under (learning a new playbook, getting acquainted with a new city, etc) he would more than likely experience the same success Trent is currently achieving. Some of us fail to realize that Eddie has had a full offseason to learn the playbook/schemes, etc while Trent has not. Again, just to reiterate, some of you guys need to chill. Most of you had unrealistic expectations once Trent came to Indy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming that he's going to have a HOF career; however, I'm going to reserve my judgement until I've seen him play with a full offseason under his belt..and hopefully an improved line...rather than bashing the guy for the first 5-6 games.

I can only like your post once but your getting like a + 50 from me I couldn't agree more

It's no use no one seems to get this I would love to see brown in that formation he would be crushed with our crappy line he would more then likely be injured if he had to do TRich's job

What's funny is Trent is every bit as good as Lacey if not better. How many linemen got drafted in the first round yet got drafted period for Lacey. Trent is faster also. It's how the packers are using him. Same as it's how Pep is using Trent.

What's funny is Trent is every bit as good as Lacey if not better. How many linemen got drafted in the first round yet got drafted period for Lacey. Trent is faster also. It's how the packers are using him. Same as it's how Pep is using Trent.

I agree 100% many ppl just expected him to be an all pro for us right from the start and its not gonna happen Idc if your driving a bulldozer you aren't getting throught with McSuck and Satele blocking for you to run a power formation you need powerful linemen

It's no use no one seems to get this I would love to see brown in that formation he would be crushed with our crappy line he would more then likely be injured if he had to do TRich's job

They put Brown in that formation I know of at least two times, in the Denver game, and he never even made it back to the line of scrimmage on either of those carries.

Do you realize everyone the Colts have put in this year has run well except one guy?

Who all had a full preseason and T/C aside from Bradshaw and he was at least exposed to the play book and his team mates. 

I really miss FJC sometimes, I'm sure by now he'd have come up with a formation (and run type) vs YPC for all our backs that would highlight one of the main issues which is the unimaginative play calling. When we started using him in some screens in the Texans game (eventually) he looked a different player. When you throw in the insistence of running him up the gut with a interior O-line that seems to be served by supermarket greeters it won't be pretty.

Has TRich lived up to his trade value yet? No

Is it entirely his own doing? No

Is YPC the be all and end all of his worth to the team? No

Is it too early to write him off? Yes

It seems the vogue on here has gone from only say something if you have something nice to say to only say something if you have something negative to say. Anyone who defends TRich is accused of wearing the blue tinted glasses. What about the converse, can the coterie of "negative" posters not be accused of having exactly just the same bias, but  in reverse. I've said it before and I will continue to say it. In a "forum" in the truest sense of the word all opinions are welcomed but be prepared to offer an arguement that consists of something more than a poor attempt at being humorous. If you're unhappy with TRich break it down and show where he's going wrong aside from generic "dancing" insults. Show us a play broken down where he made the wrong decision and what the correct decision would have been. A good example of this was when Walden was in line for some mud slinging by people on here and Superman did a great breakdown of how he was doing his job and doing it pretty well. 

:rantoff:

Is the difference between Brown and TRich..that 'we' didn't draft T-Rich?

Obviously he's being held to different, softer standards of comment

How come?

Not from what I read on this board. Tons of guys have thrown him under the bus. Called him a bust it average even ps player. Every single day I see Trent's name being dragged through the mud. Sad actually.

Is the difference between Brown and TRich..that 'we' didn't draft T-Rich?

Obviously he's being held to different, softer standards of comment

How come?

I give him the benefit of the doubt because he has only been here for 6 weeks, with no off-season training. He has obvious talent when we run him to the outside and throw him screens, yet he is continually asked to run straight up the middle out of the jumbo package with Satele and McGlynn blocking for him...

He looks awesome on sweeps, stretches and screens.

Not from what I read on this board. Tons of guys have thrown him under the bus. Called him a bust it average even ps player. Every single day I see Trent's name being dragged through the mud. Sad actually.

Brown has been called everything but a child of God since his rookie year..

They've called him a total bust and totally worthless..they said 'release him'

..and they also said a player MUST BE judged based on where he was drafted.

What's changed?

Brown has been called everything but a child of God since his rookie year..

They've called him a total bust and totally worthless..they said 'release him'

..and they also said a player MUST BE judged based on where he was drafted.

What's changed?

Until this year. Brown was all those things lol.

The only thing that's changed are the Brown supporters, now took back all their comments on why people should wait on Brown, because then they would have to be applies to Trent, and their complaining falls apart.

But why the double standard, seriously......Brown had 100-yard games before this year

Is it because we all saw TRich play in college (only his momma saw Donald B play at UConn) and developed an affection for him..

.....a rooting interest... we don't want to be wrong?

Look at the numbers.....I don't know why isn't TRich judged the way Brown was?

But why the double standard, seriously......Brown had 100-yard games before this year

Is it because we all saw TRich play in college (only his momma saw Donald B play at UConn) and developed an affection for him..

.....a rooting interest... we don't want to be wrong?

Look at the numbers.....I don't know why isn't TRich judged the way Brown was?

How is he not? Every game he plays is getting dissected and picked apart to find every mistake and flaw.

Brown at least had an entire year of good faith before people started turning on him. Trent? Critics from day one.

Nobody's calling for Trent to be benched or released..

(like they did with Brown early on)

No one called for those types of things Browns rookie year. It wasn't until the end of his second season when people were hardly impressed by what Donald brought to the table.

Don't make stuff up to prove a point lol.