Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lacy and Richardson have a lot in common

azcolt

No one called for those types of things Browns rookie year. It wasn't until the end of his second season when people were hardly impressed by what Donald brought to the table.

Don't make stuff up to prove a point lol.

That's revisionist history...my man....The earth's not flat

Many were critical of Brown here because they though he should gain near 1,000 yards...his first season

We thought sure he would..he'd gained 2,000 in college

They talked about how easily he went down and how we wasted the pick....1st year...rookie year..trust me

the old timers here will recall that..

It brings me back to my point.

Is it simply that WE didn't draft TRich.?

That we judge him differently?

That's revisionist history...my man....The earth's not flatMany were critical of Brown here because they though he should gain near 1,000 yards...his first seasonWe thought sure he would..he'd gained 2,000 in collegeThey talked about how easily he went down and how we wasted the pick....1st year...rookie year..trust methe old timers here will recall that..It brings me back to my point.Is it simply that WE didn't draft TRich.?That we judge him differently?

Expectations were not that high for Brown. He was brought in to replace Dominic Rhodes and split carries with Addai. I didn't start to sour on him until he'd been in the league a few years.

He's doing nicely this year, but the critique that he goes down easily is valid. He balances that weakness with speed and quickness to not to get hit in the first place.

Many were critical of Brown here because they though he should gain near 1,000 yards...his first season

They talked about how easily he went down and how we wasted the pick....1st year...rookie year..trust me

I don't get your point really? How is he not attracting the same sort of boundless negativity as Brown?

You can also argue the situation is not the same as Brown's rookie year, as stated before TRich hasn't had a preseason with us as yet and in addition came in one could arguably with more pressure having being traded by a team after a year. I.e. in some people's eyes having already "failed". 

But why the double standard, seriously......Brown had 100-yard games before this year

Is it because we all saw TRich play in college (only his momma saw Donald B play at UConn) and developed an affection for him..

.....a rooting interest... we don't want to be wrong?

Look at the numbers.....I don't know why isn't TRich judged the way Brown was?

all of those have something to do with it.

How is he not? Every game he plays is getting dissected and picked apart to find every mistake and flaw.

Brown at least had an entire year of good faith before people started turning on him. Trent? Critics from day one.

he isn't a rookie, this is his second year.

I believe that we'll get TRich to produce. I still support the acquisition. 

But facts are facts. To this point, Richardson has not produced. He's producing the same average we would get with a James Mungro, who averaged 3.2 yards per carry as well. 

IMO...Richardson needs intensive coaching and stability. After time, his incredible physical gifts will flourish. We've seen a few peeks at what the kid can do in space. Now, it's a matter of playing him to his strengths, which we're not doing. 

That is completely wrong on so many levels lol. People were getting so sick of Joe at the stage Donald was drafted, that he was the next great hope to be our feature back.

People were so excited when he was in, and when he took snaps instead of Addai, because we thought the potential was there. It wasn't until at least his second year that people started to question why he was taken where he was.

Perhaps you're too much of an old timer and forgot what Browns early history was like. The negativity came when he wasn't producing for the various reasons.

There is a reason there is such a strong Donald contingency on this board, and it certainly wasn't because people always hated him. That makes no sense.

But to answer your question for the hundredth time. How are people giving Trent a pass? People crush him on here every single day. After every single game. Some believe his lack of tremendous success can be attributed to other things, but that's no different then the Donald supporters saying the exact same things.

You just want the level of negative Donakd accrued over serveral years, to all be on Trent over the course of 6 games. Not going to happen.

It's no use no one seems to get this I would love to see brown in that formation he would be crushed with our crappy line he would more then likely be injured if he had to do TRich's job

Brown`s Career has been primarily about running into the butt`s of his lineman with a hole one spot over, mixed with an occasional hitting of a Big Hole to the outside.

It has been nice seeing him look like the guy we have been paying for all these years. i`m all for it, better late than never DB!

Brown`s Career has been primarily about running into the butt`s of his lineman with a hole one spot over, mixed with an occasional hitting of a Big Hole to the outside.

It has been nice seeing him look like the guy we have been paying for all these years. i`m all for it, better late than never DB!

I'm fine with DB doin good there are players that disappoint me but I still cheer for them cause they are colts (McGlynn Satele) just think its a joke when ppl are acting as tho DB is a god now when we all know he could not do TRich's job without getting hurt

On top of that he would have a worse YPC doin TRich's cause when brown is in that formation he don't even get back to the LOS TRich is so powerful he fights back to the LOS after getting hit as soon as he touches the ball

Ps this is not a bash on brown

It remains to be seen but sometimes I think we are getting out of the running game a bit too early sometimes.

Other times I think Richardson is being used in the wrong type of running plays.  I was glad to see him being

used a bit more in the passing game last night.  I didn't think he was running all that bad on the plays to the 

outside, but it seems the interior runs always seem to get stuffed. 

exactly get him on the edge or outside on flat passes

Brown has been called everything but a child of God since his rookie year..

They've called him a total bust and totally worthless..they said 'release him'

..and they also said a player MUST BE judged based on where he was drafted.

What's changed?

What's changed is he is playing much better this year. He used to frustrate me also but I never bashed him like guys are doing now with Trent. And quite frankly it doesn't matter what the heck fans think. He's here, he's going to be here. Night as well put him in the best position to help us win.

No there is not! Other than college, trent has never been good in the nfl and never will be. Lacey is a rookie and is ten fold better than him and they are playing with only one good receiver,where as we had a couple good receivers and a very mobile qb

Lol stop it. Rodgers is just as mobile as Luck just not as big. GB is constantly in 3 or 4WR sets. While T-Rich runs in jumbo sets, 1 wide, or I formation. Not to mention his GB interior line is better

yea that true but trent need to explode when he get the rock

As we saw against the Texans when he has some space he can. On 3 plays (2 screens, 1 toss) he showed some explosiveness.

The issue IMO is threefold. Play calling, interior O line play and Trent's decision making when approaching the line of scrimmage on inside runs.

Lol stop it. Rodgers is just as mobile as Luck just not as big. GB is constantly in 3 or 4WR sets. While T-Rich runs in jumbo sets, 1 wide, or I formation. Not to mention his GB interior line is better

I still don't believe the bolded. Are they better than the last couple of years? Sure, but they aren't THAT good. On top of that Lacy has been the most competent runner they've had in years. McCarthy rarely telegraphs his plays. As you said they spread everything out and make the defense try and guess at what they are going to do. Manning's/Moore's offense was like that for years, and you couldn't tell if it were a run or pass pre-snap. Pep has got to get teams thinking the same way with Trent as they do Donald. It's clear teams don't respect Donald running the ball, because A) rarely is there a safety in the box when he's in and B) the formation is usually a 21 or 31, so pass is normally expected. Why not do EXACTLY the same with Trent, and keep the defense on their heels? However, it's no coincidence when Trent has been in with these formations he finds himself 7-10 yards down field the majority of the time.

Sure, I get the need for goal-line/power formations, when necessary, but inside the 20's? COME ON MAN! I'm just glad Pep admitted to not giving much help to Trent in terms of giving him the chance to work in space. They've got to keep teams from just teeing off on Trent and continue to use the screen game like last week. You can be a good running team without the label of "Power Running" and Green Bay is showing that. I just don't see the need to force the issue on what you want to be (power running), when you don't have the resources (interior line) to do it and be successful.

I still don't believe the bolded. Are they better than the last couple of years? Sure, but they aren't THAT good. On top of that Lacy has been the most competent runner they've had in years. McCarthy rarely telegraphs his plays. As you said they spread everything out and make the defense try and guess at what they are going to do. Manning's/Moore's offense was like that for years, and you couldn't tell if it were a run or pass pre-snap. Pep has got to get teams thinking the same way with Trent as they do Donald. It's clear teams don't respect Donald running the ball, because A) rarely is there a safety in the box when he's in and B) the formation is usually a 21 or 31, so pass is normally expected. Why not do EXACTLY the same with Trent, and keep the defense on their heels? However, it's no coincidence when Trent has been in with these formations he finds himself 7-10 yards down field the majority of the time.

Sure, I get the need for goal-line/power formations, when necessary, but inside the 20's? COME ON MAN! I'm just glad Pep admitted to not giving much help to Trent in terms of giving him the chance to work in space. They've got to keep teams from just teeing off on Trent and continue to use the screen game like last week. You can be a good running team without the label of "Power Running" and Green Bay is showing that. I just don't see the need to force the issue on what you want to be (power running), when you don't have the resources (interior line) to do it and be successful.

How do you not agree?? Satele n McGylnn suck

How do you not agree?? Satele n McGylnn suck

I apologize, I misinterpreted what you were saying. I was just referring to Green Bay's line and that they aren't really that good. Even in comparison to our line they aren't THAT much better. I just think they are systematically/schematically better at this point and that gives off a much better perception at them being better.

And yes, of course, McGlynn and Satele are the biggest issues with our line.