Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WR in free agency available?

bap1331

Dear Jim Irsay (or Grigson)

We really need someone tall and dependable at reciever. I know it sounds desperate but how about Randy Moss? Or anybody that can catch a ball!!!!! To replace Wayne...

I know any of those players will come at a cheap price.

When they interviewed Reggie he sounded like a guy that was determined to come back.  Said he was going to prove all the "nay sayers" wrong.  Hopefully he can come back and give us one last big year ... buy us a year to get another WR in the fold, and break a few more records to ensure his entry into the HOF.

Nope Jeremy Maclin is the guy i hope we go after. 

Wayne Maclin Hilton are a very good WR corps. 

lack height though 

Personally id prefer Decker over Maclin. Decker gives us more size and more of a possession type guy over the middle. Can see him going for more money though.

Dear Jim Irsay (or Grigson)We really need someone tall and dependable at reciever. I know it sounds desperate but how about Randy Moss? Or anybody that can catch a ball!!!!! To replace Wayne...I know any of those players will come at a cheap price.

We all need to win the lottery too. Make it happen Mr, Irsay.

Seriously, you have to know Moss wasn't even good at SF, right? So who do you suggest?

Personally id prefer Decker over Maclin. Decker gives us more size and more of a possession type guy over the middle. Can see him going for more money though.

He probably won't leave Denver.  Denver will have the money to re-sign him.  They just need to cut Champ Bailey who's been hurt the whole time and played poorly when he has played and they've got 10 million in cap space opened up with no dead money.  I think they can re-sign Decker for under 10 million.

But if Decker makes it to Free Agency we should certainly make a run at him.  

Rogers needs to buckle down and learn the playbook. This isn't high school or college where most guys ou face won't sniff the nfl. You want it you need to show it.

Have been a supporter of DHB but his lack if hands are really ticking me off. You don't catch with your damn body. If he doesn't make a huge improvement from now till end of the year no reason to resign him.

what about Blair White or is there only room on the roster for one pre-season warrior at WR at a time?

I mentioned the "Blair White Project" a couple of weeks ago...:)

Get Brazill some more reps...and it appears Griff knows where the 1st down marker is...lets play football.

To Danhart:  Get off of DHB.....we should of had a TD in the 1st Qtr when he ran by everyone and was interfered with....

We just gotta make do with what we got till offseason, Wayne will be back, Hilton will have had more time to grow as a wr along with being targeted significantly more times, DHB will be gone and probably in the arena league or buried on some other teams depth chart. It will get better, we got the win in Houston despite being handicapped only starting 1 Corner (yes that was a shot Vaughn, the dudes ability as a Corner is an embarrasment to the position)

We just gotta make do with what we got till offseason, Wayne will be back, Hilton will have had more time to grow as a wr along with being targeted significantly more times, DHB will be gone and probably in the arena league or buried on some other teams depth chart. It will get better, we got the win in Houston despite being handicapped only starting 1 Corner (yes that was a shot Vaughn, the dudes ability as a Corner is an embarrasment to the position)

Agreed on Vaughn (Of course I have stated that 1 million times on he and Gordy both)....still not giving up on DHB.  We score after the interference call and it is a different game.

We could probably draft someone in like the 5th round that is better then Vaughn.  

We just gotta make do with what we got till offseason, Wayne will be back, Hilton will have had more time to grow as a wr along with being targeted significantly more times, DHB will be gone and probably in the arena league or buried on some other teams depth chart. It will get better, we got the win in Houston despite being handicapped only starting 1 Corner (yes that was a shot Vaughn, the dudes ability as a Corner is an embarrasment to the position)

vaughn isn't that bad

vaughn isn't that bad

He's pretty bad. And he got picked on last night. Unfortunately, the rest of the secondary was just as bad in the first half, and our pass rush couldn't get home. But Cassius Vaughn is exposed every time he's on the field as a starter. Keep him at dimeback and things are okay, but I hope we draft some depth at corner before next season. 

vaughn isn't that bad

he is pretty a good at covering, he just can't play the ball.  QBs are learning that once Vaughn turns his hips to run with a WR he is done for.  the dude just cant EVER locate the ball in the air

Shouldn't have to do anything. with Reggie gone, our Recievers should be able to step up, this is why they made the big leagues. We don't need someone to catch and break for huge yards (as nice as that would be) we need them all just to catch the damn ball period, to open up the run game, which really needs a big change. Our playmaking is way too predictable, they never hide the fact that they are going to run the ball. We need more unconventional plays that just blows the Defense minds, and we need a team leader, it seems that was Reggie.

Laurent Robinson please.

Why?

If we were to bring anyone in, I'd like it to be a proven guy who is definitely better than the young guys we're trying to plug in. The only guy that I can think of who fits the bill is Brandon Lloyd, and he's not interested in playing anymore. I'd like Austin Collie back, but he's in New England. 

But if I had to choose between our young receivers who know the playbook and have been around the team for months or longer, and someone like Laurent Robinson, I'm more comfortable with our guys. 

he is pretty a good at covering, he just can't play the ball. QBs are learning that once Vaughn turns his hips to run with a WR he is done for. the dude just cant EVER locate the ball in the air

exactly how I see it. Saying he is terrible is just wrong