Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fran Tarkenston Video- he is angry & mad at Irasy taking a shot at one of the greatest to ever play the game,compares him to dad leaving Balt

bayone

5 minute video,

watch Tarkentons demeanor & tone of voivce , he is really really mad & that's an understatement, he is just plain disgusted & more but doesn't use that word nor other expletives

cant remember all of it

Says football is all about team & respects it so much that is why he is " angry & outraged " at what Irsay said \

Discuses the great Balt Colts history that started the real, NFL as we know it, and what dad did to it by moving, and how bad Indy Colts  basically were   before peyton and then all peytons accomplishments etc in varying order in video

keeps going back  to manning in well disbelief  I guess Irsay can say all those things we all heard already in video, says Irsay is  acting like he himself is taking  credit for the 1 ring & he never played nor put on a ... strap, Says Irsay should be happy he won a superbowl , many an owner would think thats a blessing to win one , says Irsay is an embarrassment to league & founding fathers of the league and wonders what is the impression this leaves in the Mind of Luck and the week Peyton is coming to play u yet, says 

Says he is disgracing Peyton and a great family of football and its even worse than what his father did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UK_V8gzY42c

Just last week I was looking forward to this week. I knew there would be an insane amount of hype and annoying questions and hypotheticals but I did not expect this level of chaos. I can't wait for it all to blow over.

I wish this week wasnt on the schedule, before too i was looking quite forward to it , 1 day u say u will honor him , next u rant about him in other ways , media splash all over the place etc etc etc , in a negative way

Its a shame, Irsay why could u no matter what u meant just said it all at another time and just honor him now for what he did and not complain that u only won 1 ring 

This game should only be about 2 teams playing a great sport and having a classic Sunday night showdown and nothing else

& hear BigMcAfeeWithCheese,  I thought u would take a shot at me for spelling Irsay wrong in  thread / topic title ( LOL )

I wish this week wasnt on the schedule, before too i was looking quite forward to it , 1 day u say u will honor him , next u rant about him in other ways , media splash all over the place etc etc etc , in a negative way

Its a shame, Irsay why could u no matter what u meant just said it all at another time and just honor him now for what he did and not complain that u only won 1 ring 

This game should only be about 2 teams playing a great sport and having a classic Sunday night showdown and nothing else

& hear I thought u would take a shot at me for spelling Irsay wrong in  thread / topic title ( LOL )

I was telling someone this yesterday. It's sad that a football game can't just be a football game anymore. There has to be some drama and hype around it. As if this game didn't have enough already.

I actually didn't even notice the spelling! The brain doesn't care about the order of letters in the middle haha.

I was telling someone this yesterday. It's sad that a football game can't just be a football game anymore. There has to be some drama and hype around it. As if this game didn't have enough already.

I actually didn't even notice the spelling! The brain doesn't care about the order of letters in the middle haha.

How very true, unfortunately many things in life these days are dramatized, i have nothing in particular thats really against what he said as it is literally true, though he allowed Polian to build the team that way and if not for trhat he wouldnt be building a balanced team now

Its just u dont say u r going to honor the man, then say something that can be construed as controversial towrdas that same man

& in another article,  Strangely enough, Luck might not even be in Indy had it not been for some advice he collected from Manning about turning pro early.

http://www.boston.co...TqMO/story.html

For a nice piece about the friendship of the Manning & Luck families to settle u down read this thread i wrote, above is comment 2,  I added to original story OP, link below 

http://forums.colts.com/topic/21843-now-for-a-change-a-nice-article-on-the-family-relationship-between-the-lucks-the-mannings-lets-forget-about-those-he-said-she-said-topics/

i added that as 1 time i misspelled something in the title and got a comment back about it as  the person was  hoping i could change it before u cant edit again

Meanwhile read my signature

take care, I am leaving now

I didn't watch the video, but I think he's taking this a little personal. He had an 18 year career himself and was never able to get a Super Bowl win. I'm sure he's addressing his own critics with his little diatribe along with everything else.

I just wish it all never happened, i just want fotball, the honoring and the comments could of been better timed

as far a Fran , u may be right, i dont know

again I am off now , other priorities

I can honestly say I have no respect for Tarkenton.....Saying Jim never handled himself with class before and that he is an embarrassment to the league? Ouch

Tarkington is 1 of the greatest ever and Johnny Manziel before Manziel....He went to 3 Super Bowls and as much as I hate what he said if you look at it unbiased as a Colts fan you would probably agree...I love Jim but it was not necessary to make public and demean the Manning era before we play them and his dad was a joke and as classless as they come if you know anything about him....Jim is the man though and wouldn't want any other owner, but he is embarrassing at times..

Tarkington is 1 of the greatest ever and Johnny Manziel before Manziel....He went to 3 Super Bowls and as much as I hate what he said if you look at it unbiased as a Colts fan you would probably agree...I love Jim but it was not necessary to make public and demean the Manning era before we play them and his dad was a joke and as classless as they come if you know anything about him....Jim is the man though and wouldn't want any other owner, but he is embarrassing at times..

Jim did not say one word about Manning, He didn't demean anything at all, He said he wanted to redo the model a little bit, Build it to win more times in January and February9thats a shot at how Polian built the team not Peyton or any accomplishments of the team), We were not built to do that in the Peyton era, we did not win the SB with an air attack, Thats not a shot thats a fact. We won with tough defense and running it down the Bears throat, Which I LOVED watching them impose there will like that

Jim did not say one word about Manning, He didn't demean anything at all, He said he wanted to redo the model a little bit, Build it to win more times in January and February9thats a shot at how Polian built the team not Peyton or any accomplishments of the team), We were not built to do that in the Peyton era, we did not win the SB with an air attack, Thats not a shot thats a fact. We won with tough defense and running it down the Bears throat, Which I LOVED watching them impose there will like that

But people hear what they want to hear so that they can say what they want to say

I started to listen to that video and thought it had a bizarre tone to it...........like we're talking about the royal family or something

Just weird to me.

All these people are big boys who make a lot of money.  

Enough already

If it's working I'd be all for it, we are letting teams stay in games that should be blown out...The art of coaching is getting the most out of the talent we have, our personnel is not what it needs to be yet to play like that on a consistent basis...We are turning Andrew Luck into an Alex Smith game manager...Play uptempo spread d's out and tire them out and don't allow the to sub in fresh players and then run it down their throats when they are tired..We will run much more effictively out of this too and not have so many 3rd and longs...Not too mention if the defense has a lead they can go after the qb much more and opposing offenses won't be able to dink and dunk us to death and grind out 10 minute drives..It all works together..

Fran Tarkenton is also on record as saying that the Colts are a horrible organization and that Andrew Luck will never win a Super Bowl. As others have noted, he has an agenda and its pretty clear. This whole charade gave him an opportunity to express that again. EVEN THOUGH HE NEVER WON A SUPER BOWL AND HAS ABSOLUTELY NO CONNECTION TO ANYONE AT ALL.

/EndRant

Though I'm embarrassed that Irsay choose this time to, yet again, drudge up negativity by discussing the Luck/Manning exchange, I find Fran to be a sterling example of a hypocrite ex-athlete that thinks he has some pulpit to speak from. 

Fran didn't mention how the city of Baltimore essentially put a gun to Bob's head and asked him if he wanted to see if it was loaded. 

The city of Baltimore was trying to absorb the Colts franchise via eminent domain legislature, effectively taking control of the team from the owner. Bob immediately scooted out of town. 

Fran's own precious franchise, the Vikings, were just threatening to leave Minnesota. 

Hypocrite!!

If it's working I'd be all for it, we are letting teams stay in games that should be blown out...The art of coaching is getting the most out of the talent we have, our personnel is not what it needs to be yet to play like that on a consistent basis...We are turning Andrew Luck into an Alex Smith game manager...Play uptempo spread d's out and tire them out and don't allow the to sub in fresh players and then run it down their throats when they are tired..We will run much more effictively out of this too and not have so many 3rd and longs...Not too mention if the defense has a lead they can go after the qb much more and opposing offenses won't be able to dink and dunk us to death and grind out 10 minute drives..It all works together..

why are we talking about this era, I was talking about the Peyton era.......And in the Peyton era it won us a SB and came close to winning us a 2nd one till the pick 6

I know he played at SMU around the eric Dickerson days or at least they were same general era. Fran and my "agenda" as you call it are 180.

Your saying the same things he is or am I making assumptions? If you feel I am perhaps you might see where Irsay is coming from.

Just last week I was looking forward to this week. I knew there would be an insane amount of hype and annoying questions and hypotheticals but I did not expect this level of chaos. I can't wait for it all to blow over.

I was looking forward to this game for awhile but with all the foolishness etc going on I can't wait till its done and over and hopefully by game time hope i  care who wins because at the moment I don't know if I care who wins anymore. For some reason I never felt this way about a game before? And that's since 1958 JUST SAYING???? :headspin: :hmm: :rollseyes::dunno:

Your saying the same things he is or am I making assumptions? If you feel I am perhaps you might see where Irsay is coming from.

Fran's rant went deep into Bob Irsay / Baltimore territory. Fran is treading in waters polluted from old-age. And saying Irsay has never done anything positive....clearly he has an "agenda" against the entire Indy Colts existence, and I certainly do not.

Fran's rant went deep into Bob Irsay / Baltimore territory. Fran is treading in waters polluted from old-age. And saying Irsay has never done anything positive....clearly he has an "agenda" against the entire Indy Colts existence, and I certainly do not.

Well then I apologize .

Fran's annoying. I don't know why he's mad about this nor should he care.

Exactly. Seems like everybody wants a piece of the pie. Can't wait for it all to end. Hopefully the hype surrounding the AFC Championship game (when we face Denver again) won't nearly be as bad ;)

hmmmm that sounds a lot like our last 10+ years that only netted one championship.

And we are only year two into the remodel, give it some more time...we are still way ahead of the curve that many had predicted.

I was looking forward to this game for awhile but with all the foolishness etc going on I can't wait till its done and over and hopefully by game time hope i  care who wins because at the moment I don't know if I care who wins anymore. For some reason I never felt this way about a game before? And that's since 1958 JUST SAYING???? :headspin: :hmm: :rollseyes::dunno:

wish i had a few likes , id give u all,  never before was i so happy to see a game on the sched just to have it destroyed by a media circus

no more likes

That gores for many others, have a good night

wish i had a few likes , id give u all,  never before was i so happy to see a game on the sched just to have it destroyed by a media circus

I don't know what else to say?? But get all goofy and stuff around here?? I haven't lost it yet but you'll know? I think?? :(  :Nuke:  :Mope:  :puke:  :ill:

I don't know what else to say?? But get all goofy and stuff around here?? I haven't lost it yet but you'll know? I think?? :(  :Nuke:  :Mope:  :puke:  :ill:

i lost it last night, came home at 4 and couldnt get in garage, power outage, was with Mom till then at assted living and going there soon again 

With # of Blackouts , some for days ,. at my complex , it just may happen Sunday night, then again Mom's a colt fan but she calls Luck,  Peyton Thinking thats his new Nick Name , at age 95 with some dementia she doesnt understand , we have watched games together and useless to explain

If I were  to watch Sunday's game with her it will be terrible trying to excplain ,  , may have to go to sports bar  , take care I am outta here

i lost it last night, came home at 4 and couldnt get in garage, power outage, was with Mom till then at assted living and going there soon again 

With # of Blackouts , some for days ,. at my complex , it just may happen Sunday night, then again Mom's a colt fan but she calls Luck,  Peyton Thinking thats his new Nick Name , at age 95 with some dementia she doesnt understand , we have watched games together and useless to explain

If I were  to watch Sunday's game with her it will be terrible trying to excplain ,  , may have to go to sports bar  , take care I am outta here

Heard that.