Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Terrel Davis says the Jags get their first win in week 17....

coltsfansince65

The starters didn't rest week 17 of last season.

Yeah I agree here, we won't be resting the starters.  Last season we had nothing to play for in Week 17 against the Texans and we played our starters.

I don't think Pagano likes to rest the starters in these situations.  

Besides I would think we would at least have seeding to play for in Week 17.  

Here's the question I ask you folks: if the Colts have clinched the division and a win won't give us a first round bye or change anything, would you prefer to see the Colts lost to the Jags?  I would hate to see a guy like Gus Bradley have an 0-16 record under his name.  I really like Bradley and how he keeps getting full effort from his team despite fighting uphill battles each week.  0-16 is historically bad and I don't think Bradley deserves that.

Here's the question I ask you folks: if the Colts have clinched the division and a win won't give us a first round bye or change anything, would you prefer to see the Colts lost to the Jags?  I would hate to see a guy like Gus Bradley have an 0-16 record under his name.  I really like Bradley and how he keeps getting full effort from his team despite fighting uphill battles each week.  0-16 is historically bad and I don't think Bradley deserves that.

The only reason I  would want to see us lose to the Jags is if JAX needs a loss to secure the #1 overall pick.

Here's the question I ask you folks: if the Colts have clinched the division and a win won't give us a first round bye or change anything, would you prefer to see the Colts lost to the Jags? I would hate to see a guy like Gus Bradley have an 0-16 record under his name. I really like Bradley and how he keeps getting full effort from his team despite fighting uphill battles each week. 0-16 is historically bad and I don't think Bradley deserves that.

Are you suggesting that somebody take it easy on them because the coach is working real hard?

Are you suggesting that somebody take it easy on them because the coach is working real hard?

In a sense haha.  Bradley inherited that team; he didn't build it into a perennial loser.  It's like during the Lions' 0-16 season when the Colts almost lost to them and people were saying Dungy took it easy on them because he was friends with Marinelli.  I'm not saying the Colts should do it.  Just a question for discussion.

I think it's feasible.  Come week 17, i expect us to have 12 or so wins. However, I think we're going to be in a dog fight with New England for the 2nd seed (and all that brings) towards the end of the season.  We will likely need to beat Jacksonville to possibly clinch a 1st round bye.

In a sense haha.  Bradley inherited that team; he didn't build it into a perennial loser.  It's like during the Lions' 0-16 season when the Colts almost lost to them and people were saying Dungy took it easy on them because he was friends with Marinelli.  I'm not saying the Colts should do it.  Just a question for discussion.

Well, if that's what you're asking, then I say no. And I don't think he or his team would appreciate winning because somebody was purposefully taking it easy on them.

As far as the Colts resting their starters if they make it to the post-season, my heart won't be broken if they do.  I think the situation is much different than when Manning and Co. were sat out.  There wouldn't be any of the fumbling that occurred every time Curtis Painter took the field.  Having said that, I'd prefer it if the starters play.

Edited by 21isSuperman

Seriously??? Any coach that would want to get a win that way isn't worth anything IMO. I don't believe in taking it easy on anybody is sports. They're all professionals(supposedly) and if they take a butt whipping each and every week, then it is their responsibility to get better and not someone's else's to take it easy on them. That's little league crap to keep the kids from getting their feelings hurt.