Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

keys to beating chargers.

Stephen

You know I don't understand these threads...here let me 'splain it for y'all

There is no key(s) [plural] to beating the chargers...or any team.

There is but one simple key to beating any team...are you ready for it? You might want to sit down for this one....

SCORE at least 1 more point then they do.... BAM! Problem solved from my end.

Force mistakes from Rivers with tight coverage for our DBs. Put pressure on Rivers, force bad throws. Strong play from the front 7, shut down Matthews and Woodhead.

Create running lanes. Run the ball through said running lanes. Disguise our runs better by running form the spread with no FB, not just from the power I. A lot of T-Rich's longer runs were out of 3 wide sets. Exploit the Chargers secondary which has looked bad thus far. Utilise TY and DHB deep. Get Fleener involved in mismatches.

Looking at the Chargers message boards for a while will give you an idea of their fan's expectations going into the game. They're NOT expecting much. Not many of their fans are predicting this to be even close. Interesting.

Prediction:

Colts 34 - 17 Chargers

Luck 304 Yds 3TDs no picks

Trent 23 carries 112 Yds 1TD

Defense: 4 Sacks, 2 picks.

I think the game will hinge on creating pressure on Philip "Cry Baby" Rivers and establishing our run game early to help slow their pass rush down.

I think with the year Mathis is having and the fact that Rivers isn't too mobile of a QB the Colts should be able to pin their ears back and get after him.

I haven't watched much of the Chargers this year so I am not sure how dominant of a run game they have.

Oh and as always... score more points.

We need to run more hurry up offense. Seattle didn't seem to have an answer for it

We are much better when we are not trying to control the ball..

..I think we only got 58 plays Sunday...

SD is vulnerable...little rush.,..questionable corners..

This is a crucial game. we already lose a tiebreaker with Miami....we cant let SD (and Denver) hold that over our heads, too

I really wish Freeney was still playing so we cold just run left the entire game and run up 1000 yards lol. 

I'm also glad Sproles is no longer on the Bolts.

If we play nickel, put Butler on Antonio Gates. If not, put Freeman on him.

One of our DB's will pick off Crybaby Rivers. There, I said it. 

I also agree with the no huddle, and let's let T-Rich run out of a WR formation instead of a power formation with a stacked box every single time. 

Danny Woodhead is looking pretty decent out there so I suspect them to run the ball a lot. You know they are going to be watching us on film knowing we have Butler, Davis, Toler, and Howell looking for that Pick.

TRich needs to step up big in this game.

Defense does whatever possible to make them score a FG on each drive rather than a TD. Chargers offense has been really good, but if we can hold them to field goals every now and then it will be a lot easier. Their defense for the most part has been mediocre, so the offense has to make the most of each drive and hopefully can score 30+.

All I know is I cant wait till the game because of the fact I'm going to it...first ever nfl game, Hilton jersey all ready to go  :thmup:

I will be there too... T-Rich jersey ready to go!!! not first NFL game, but first time seeing Luck!!!

I don't want to talk about the last time I saw the Colts in San Diego...