Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Heyward-Bey

Dark Superman

I know his stats don't pop out but I'm really liking this kid in the blue and white.

He hustles and isn't afraid to use his size in order to throw a block.

He's having fun and seems to really enjoy being here.

He plays hard.. Even though I'm still waiting for Luck to find him deep.

I'm hoping his breakout game comes soon..

I know his stats don't pop out but I'm really liking this kid in the blue and white.

THIS!! 

I am very pleased with his effort going after passes.  He almost hauled in the one hander yesterday!!

For the football purist in me, I have been EXTREMELY happy with his blocking.....not afraid to use that big body!  Thumbs up to DHB!!!!   :thmup:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It shows hes a Team player IMO you cant get enough of players like this . :thmsup:

It shows hes a Team player IMO you cant get enough of players like this . :thmsup:

I really like the way he is playing.  I honestly have no complaints.  We are not getting TY the ball in great YAC positions either.  One of these days the offense will click and put 50 on someone!

Not to change Subject but Fleener didn't look half bad,and Brazil can come back now,not sure where he fits in right now,but can deffinately be a plus on special teams.

If Fleener had dropped those the forums would have exploded....wide open :)

tumblr_m8nwz4pIMn1qzvlz6o1_500.gif

Whalen going to get cut?  Reed? Whalen to IR?  

I personally would like to see Mathews get cut, and Guy stick...... :thinking:

Yeah, he has a hard time tracking the ball through the air.

It's part of the reason he's only been getting thrown short to intermediate passes.

I'll take your word for it, I never followed him in the pros. I thought that he did a good job of it in college.

On another note, and I love Reggie, but if DHB had as many drops as Reggie he'd be getting scoured on this forum. Granted, Reggie's drops were on passes no one expected a normal receiver to make.

I'll take your word for it, I never followed him in the pros. I thought that he did a good job of it in college.

On another note, and I love Reggie, but if DHB had as many drops as Reggie he'd be getting scoured on this forum. Granted, Reggie's drops were on passes no one expected a normal receiver to make.

I am glad you said that Smonroe.

Not just Reggie's drops, but I would like to see a better effort trying to 'break up' passes like a CB or safety to avoid INTs....he has ALWAYS been good at this, but lately seem to not be going after them...2 games in a row.

@Colts_Comments: Darrius Heyward-Bey has the highest blocking grade of any WR in the NFL this season according to PFF (+3.2 grade, 2nd has +2.4 grade) #Colts

If this were my first day on this forum, it would have been my last because I would have thought that that is the most insanely outrageous thing I'd ever heard and I wouldn't believe you. 

Thankfully, I do know you and think it's just a stat that I'd never thought the day would come where DHB was #1 at anything.

I am glad you said that Smonroe.

Not just Reggie's drops, but I would like to see a better effort trying to 'break up' passes like a CB or safety to avoid INTs....he has ALWAYS been good at this, but lately seem to not be going after them...2 games in a row.

I feel like Reggie stopped playing defense on bad passes beginning last season. There were a few INTs last season where it looked like he just watched the defender make a play. Granted, some of those were bad throws by Luck, especially last season, but still it is perplexing why Reggie seems to be content to just let the pass go where it will recently.

I feel like Reggie stopped playing defense on bad passes beginning last season. There were a few INTs last season where it looked like he just watched the defender make a play. Granted, some of those were bad throws by Luck, especially last season, but still it is perplexing why Reggie seems to be content to just let the pass go where it will recently.

this is wrong

I am very pleased with his effort going after passes.  He almost hauled in the one hander yesterday!!

For the football purist in me, I have been EXTREMELY happy with his blocking.....not afraid to use that big body!  Thumbs up to DHB!!!!   :thmup:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As Coach Brent says, you don't block you don't play!

DHB needed a change of scenery and a mentor(87)  While I still think he was drafted too high, I can see him sticking around here for a chance to play for a contender.  Hopefully he can develop into somewhat of a possession receiver a la Wayne.  Either way, thus far, it seems like Grigs knows what he is doing.

My personal belief is this maybe how Reggie intends to keep playing Forever

You can see even when he's running with the ball it's like he's protecting his body moreso than gaining as much yardage possible

... I for one am fine with Reggie's choice on how he handles HIS career

You can see even when he's running with the ball it's like he's protecting his body moreso than gaining as much yardage possible

I'm fine with it as well. We need him for a few more years more than we need the extra 2-3 yards he could pick up trying to fight for extra yards.

have you been watching the games this year?

if so,  how do you have that opinion?  especially hearing that pagano wasn't happy with reggie going balls out to get first downs. 

have you been watching the games this year?

if so, how do you have that opinion? especially hearing that pagano wasn't happy with reggie going balls out to get first downs.

Yeah I've watched every game this far and clearly Reggie's running smart instead of ALL OUTwhen he has the ball

Not knocking him but I see his YAC effort as a way to prolong what is a HOF career

4 games..

, we know 4 games is nothing,..

but we still make statements based on what happened in the first 4 games..

Its 4 games...good or bad,..its nothing

myself and chuck pagano think you are wrong.

if you dont want to believe me, that is fine. check the head coach though. you will see your observation is beyond foolish

I think your forgetting that its my observation so how your opinion factors in matters how ??? Oh