Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Heyward-Bey

Dark Superman

I think your forgetting that its my observation so how your opinion factors in matters how ??? Oh

i understand you may not like my opinion.  which is why i told you that the football coach of the indianapolis colts also thinks you are wrong.  which you can easily google to find out how wrong you are.  the colts coach thinks your opinion is not accurate.  i think that trumps yours and mine

i understand you may not like my opinion. which is why i told you that the football coach of the indianapolis colts also thinks you are wrong. which you can easily google to find out how wrong you are. the colts coach thinks your opinion is not accurate. i think that trumps yours and mine

I didn't know Pagano controlled every fiber in Reggie's body ... I know I see a player who takes care of his body on the field and I know I don't need a coaches opinion to control mine

You can be a nice little soldier and march with the band but I'm going to form my own thought and opinions like a full grown person

I didn't know Pagano controlled every fiber in Reggie's body ... I know I see a player who takes care of his body on the field and I know I don't need a coaches opinion to control mine

You can be a nice little soldier and march with the band but I'm going to form my own thought and opinions like a full grown person

fair enough

but the play on the field says you are wrong.  which again leads me to believe you havent  watched the last 2 weeks.  because if you had then your opinion shouldn't be what it is

i encourage you to go watch the games again.  the coach commented specifically that he would rather have had reggie go down over forcing a first down with his effort.  which is painfully obvious if you actually watch the game.  so it seems that me and coach and the tape say that you are very wrong and saying things that make absolutely no sense

fair enough

but the play on the field says you are wrong. which again leads me to believe you havent watched the last 2 weeks. because if you had then your opinion shouldn't be what it is

i encourage you to go watch the games again. the coach commented specifically that he would rather have had reggie go down over forcing a first down with his effort. which is painfully obvious if you actually watch the game. so it seems that me and coach and the tape say that you are very wrong and saying things that make absolutely no sense

Have a nice day not having a mind of your own

Guest TeamLoloJones

I'm fine with it as well. We need him for a few more years more than we need the extra 2-3 yards he could pick up trying to fight for extra yards.

It's funny...I'm not sure I've ever really thought about it until now, but I'm always yelling at Reggie to get down after the catch, but with everyone else I'm saying "break a tackle!"

Guest TeamLoloJones

I always cringe a little when he gets hit. 

I have so much admiration for Reggie that every time he gets hit, a little parental nervousness creeps in.

My personal belief is this maybe how Reggie intends to keep playing Forever

You can see even when he's running with the ball it's like he's protecting his body moreso than gaining as much yardage possible

... I for one am fine with Reggie's choice on how he handles HIS career

We watched Marvin Harrison do the same thing for a long time. 

You've got that right 100GFB!!!

Drill_instructor_at_the_Officer_Candidat

You should have been on the receiving end of those in 1970 when we all thought we were going to Nam. All old Army in those days where they did put their hands on you and did use some words I had never heard before. All the DIs were ex Korean and Vietnam veterans with none of the ROTC wanna be's around. 

My personal belief is this maybe how Reggie intends to keep playing Forever

You can see even when he's running with the ball it's like he's protecting his body moreso than gaining as much yardage possible

... I for one am fine with Reggie's choice on how he handles HIS career

Now to circle yours and dudeski's argument full circle.  What good is Reggie if he gets hurt playing for every yard possible.  He's at that age where he's prone to injury.  No amount of workouts and keeping your body in shape will keep you in 26 year old peak NFL form when you're 34 going on 35.  It just won't - hence why Jerry Rice had such a long career.  So while his effort on some level doesn't put the team first in a play by play sense, long term it does.  He's no good to us on the bench.  Come playoffs, you can guarantee he'll sell out for every single play.  If a superbowl is on the line, Reggie will be balls to the wall because he's old enough that he may never get back.  Regular season you can afford the lack of [extra] effort.  In the playoffs, if he gives regular season effort, it would be a disappointment - but I would bet the mortgage on him selling out anytime he has the opportunity.

Now to circle yours and dudeski's argument full circle.  What good is Reggie if he gets hurt playing for every yard possible.  He's at that age where he's prone to injury.  No amount of workouts and keeping your body in shape will keep you in 26 year old peak NFL form when you're 34 going on 35.  It just won't - hence why Jerry Rice had such a long career.  So while his effort on some level doesn't put the team first in a play by play sense, long term it does.  He's no good to us on the bench.  Come playoffs, you can guarantee he'll sell out for every single play.  If a superbowl is on the line, Reggie will be balls to the wall because he's old enough that he may never get back.  Regular season you can afford the lack of [extra] effort.  In the playoffs, if he gives regular season effort, it would be a disappointment - but I would bet the mortgage on him selling out anytime he has the opportunity.

For the Win! :td:

btw in before the thread is closed due to a possible forum war!   :catfight:

Now to circle yours and dudeski's argument full circle. What good is Reggie if he gets hurt playing for every yard possible. He's at that age where he's prone to injury. No amount of workouts and keeping your body in shape will keep you in 26 year old peak NFL form when you're 34 going on 35. It just won't - hence why Jerry Rice had such a long career. So while his effort on some level doesn't put the team first in a play by play sense, long term it does. He's no good to us on the bench. Come playoffs, you can guarantee he'll sell out for every single play. If a superbowl is on the line, Reggie will be balls to the wall because he's old enough that he may never get back. Regular season you can afford the lack of [extra] effort. In the playoffs, if he gives regular season effort, it would be a disappointment - but I would bet the mortgage on him selling out anytime he has the opportunity.

This is what I was saying about Reggie but dudeski believes athletes don't protect themselves and go all out all the time ...

The one thing I don't like about this forum is the lack if free expression because if I see a * spouting idiocy they should be recognized as such

fair enough

but the play on the field says you are wrong.  which again leads me to believe you havent  watched the last 2 weeks.  because if you had then your opinion shouldn't be what it is

i encourage you to go watch the games again.  the coach commented specifically that he would rather have had reggie go down over forcing a first down with his effort.  which is painfully obvious if you actually watch the game.  so it seems that me and coach and the tape say that you are very wrong and saying things that make absolutely no sense

This is what I was saying about Reggie but dudeski believes athletes don't protect themselves and go all out all the time ...

The one thing I don't like about this forum is the lack if free expression because if I see a * spouting idiocy they should be recognized as such

i believe the Pagano quote was about 1 play.  MFT5 is talking about Reggie overall.  No one, not even dudeski, can argue that Reggie is one of the best at avoiding big hits and getting to the ground after a catch when necessary.  If a LB is about to light him up over the middle, he gets down quick.  if a CB is about to try and light him up, he will probably make a move on him and go for more yards...

also, even though it isnt always stated, the idiocy is recognized.

i believe the Pagano quote was about 1 play. MFT5 is talking about Reggie overall. No one, not even dudeski, can argue that Reggie is one of the best at avoiding big hits and getting to the ground after a catch when necessary. If a LB is about to light him up over the middle, he gets down quick. if a CB is about to try and light him up, he will probably make a move on him and go for more yards...

also, even though it isnt always stated, the idiocy is recognized.

Thanks Kyle