Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

call me whatever, but there is something off about Luck

GoodLuck

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A 62% completion rate on 24 for 39 attempts for 283 yards....and giving the opponent some credit....if Pozlusny doesn't bat down that pass attempt to Fleener then Luck is at 65% with well over 300 in yardage and another TD.

Forgive me....but I think we're nitpicking here.

The primary offensive area I'm concerned with vs Seattle next week....it's the right side OL run-blocking.

Naw I think Luck played great once the offense settled.

They came out a little worked up. Almost like they were expecting to be up really fast, and it didn't happen initially.

How are people still questioning the kid at this point. He's proven he can play. He needs to keep improving though. Not forgetting he's a second year player.

He has a long wind up and seems to throw with a loose arm, thats why he overthrows some of his wide open receivers on his medium routes in my opinion, he looks to sling it in there at rocket speed instead of putting some touch on the ball consistently

Wait.   What?    Huh?

Rocket speed?     I'm not even sure Luck has a "rocket speed".....    seriously.     If he does, he almost never uses it.

The guy is all about touch passes.    

I'm not sure what game you're watching......?

Naw I think Luck played great once the offense settled.

They came out a little worked up. Almost like they were expecting to be up really fast, and it didn't happen initially.

How are people still questioning the kid at this point. He's proven he can play. He needs to keep improving though. Not forgetting he's a second year player.

I'm like you. Offense was a little too worked up but settled down after the 1st. quarter. The defense is playing really good with giving up only 10 points in 2 games. Luck could go 25/30 with 400 yards and 4 TDs but there will still be the ones who have something negative to say about him. There is a big difference between bringing up something that is or may become an issue but some just want to be negative in a troll kind of way. 

Wait.   What?    Huh?

Rocket speed?     I'm not even sure Luck has a "rocket speed".....    seriously.     If he does, he almost never uses it.

The guy is all about touch passes.    

I'm not sure what game you're watching......?

I dont know what games your watching either, he dont show alot of consistent touch on his passes when he needs to

I mean as a player its something just not right. His throwing motion looks a little weird. And the ball just doesnt look good coming out of his hand. I cant be the only one to notice this.

I mean as a fan its something just not right. His communication sounds a little devisive. And the absence after the start of the thread just doesnt look good. I cant be the only one to notice this.

Just for clarification, I used you're same tone just to show how it sounds. There is a time at which a certain idea is driven past the appearance of just saying what needs to be said, and driving a point home at every opportunity. I can comfortably say that most everyone is aware of your doubts about Andrew Luck.

I mean as a fan its something just not right. His communication sounds a little devisive. And the absence after the start of the thread just doesnt look good. I cant be the only one to notice this.

Just for clarification, I used you're same tone just to show how it sounds. There is a time at which a certain idea is driven past the appearance of just saying what needs to be said, and driving a point home at every opportunity. I can comfortably say that most everyone is aware of your doubts about Andrew Luck.

I replied to this thread. Was I suppose to just stay logged in all day and night

If we wanted a game manager we shouldby have spent the #1 pick on him.. Smith would be good at this.

Well I kind of agree but also disagree.  I don't think there's anything wrong with having games in which Luck doesn't have to do anything more than be a game manager.  That means the running game and defense are both working very well.  However, there are definitely going to be games where we need Luck to be more than just a game manager, and he's shown that he is able to do that.  I don't think Smith has the ability to be much more than "just a game manager".  He can be a very good Qb, but I don't think he'll ever be the type that can take the offense on his back and still be able to move the ball.  

I will be the first to admit that I had some doubts about Luck coming out of college.  Not because I'd seen him do things that were bad, but there were a several very difficult things I never saw him do for the simple reason that he didn't have to because of what a good, well-rounded team that Stanford was his last year there.  He has, however, had to do some of those difficult things so far in the pros and for the most part has done them very well.  Based on what I'd seen from him at Stanford, I didn't think he was worth the #1 overall pick compared to what we could have gotten for him in a trade.  And to be perfectly honest, I still think we could have come out ahead even if we did trade that pick because some of the other QB's have proven that they weren't as far behind Luck as many thought they were.  Still though, if we were going to use that #1 pick and not trade it, then I'm very glad Luck was the guy that we were able to use it on.  

A 62% completion rate on 24 for 39 attempts for 283 yards....and giving the opponent some credit....if Pozlusny doesn't bat down that pass attempt to Fleener then Luck is at 65% with well over 300 in yardage and another TD.

Forgive me....but I think we're nitpicking here.

The primary offensive area I'm concerned with vs Seattle next week....it's the right side OL run-blocking.

And there was that negated TD.

Of course, my point is something is wrong with his mechanics. The perfect prospect should have near perfect mechanics. He has sloppy mechanics imo.

Peyton Manning himself dont always have perfect mechanics and he sure didn't 20 games into playing in the NFL