Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Breaking news: Colts trade for Trent Richardson (((merge)))

NCost12

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dream come true. I love this trade and think even more of Grigson. People laugh at Jshipp but it looks like he was right about Lacy from the reports I have read and I think he was right about us needing a top back. The oline will be squared away soon and very soon and when it is, we will have a dominant offense in every way imaginable. It doesn't matter if we get the backs first or the line first as long as we get them and we will.

Mods PLEASE edit LockedDown's post and remove any suggestion that jshipp was right. Quickly, BEFORE jshipp sees it!!

Lol

I can honestly say that this is the 1st time I've been really disappointed in a Grigson transaction. You would think as a former O-lineman, he would know that the running game starts up front with the O-line and Trent Richardson IS NOT going to help with our running game. The RB position is SOOOOO over rated it's pathetic and I hate giving up a 1st rder. for one.

I agree with some of what you say, but it's crazy to suggest that Richardson isn't going to make the run game better. He doesn't fix it, but having a better back is better than not having him.

Some of you guys are just so ungrateful :facepalm:

I understand we need an oline, but look at who we just got for only a 1st rounder which will probably be in the 20's.

Think of it like this, in the 2012 NFL draft, the Indianapolis Colts selected Andrew Luck at #1 & Trent Richardson at #3

That doesn't make it better. I didn't like Richardson at #3.

what are you going to give up? Trent is 1st Rd material and a beast. You can get OL in rds 3,4,5 for that matter.

Yeah, that's exactly what Polian thought too. Good O-line talent comes early in the draft more often than not. People need to get past the Polian philosophy for putting together O-line's...it don't work and that should be obvious by now. BTW, Richardson didn't exactly tear it up behind Cleveland's very good O-line, I hate to think what will become of him behind our very mediocre O-line.

Yeah, that's exactly what Polian thought too. Good O-line talent comes early in the draft more often than not. People need to get past the Polian philosophy for putting together O-line's...it don't work and that should be obvious by now. BTW, Richardson didn't exactly tear it up behind Cleveland's very good O-line, I hate to think what will become of him behind our very mediocre O-line.

Hard to do against a stacked box. No one takes the Browns WR's seriously. I remember us stacking the box a bit against the Browns last year too

I agree with some of what you say, but it's crazy to suggest that Richardson isn't going to make the run game better. He doesn't fix it, but having a better back is better than not having him.

Thats just it, if it don't fix the problem, why do it? It would be different if we were a good RB away from being a top running team, but in no way, shape, or form is that the case.

Thank goodness this was only one pick. I HATED the Dickerson trade when it happened, all the way through his career in Indy, and to the current date. One of the most absurd trades in NFL history, and the common element is Jim Irsay. On the heels of some of his recent tweets, that's precisely why I'm a bit uncomfortable with the Richardson trade. If just feels more an impulsive reaction than a stepping stone to building a better team.

Hope I'm wrong.

i completely agree.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Since Cleveland is giving up,  We should give up the rest of our picks for some of their players and just skip the 2014 draft altogether.  2nd for Joe Thomas, 3rd for Joe Haden, and Donnie Brown for Alex Mack. BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE.  Ok...not really...Cleveland isn't that stupid...or are they?

Thats just it, if it don't fix the problem, why do it? It would be different if we were a good RB away from being a top running team, but that in no way, shape, or form is the case.

Thing is though so far the online has been doing a pretty good job run blocking

WE didn't agonize about the future costs.....we didn't hesitate.

5 days after our leading rusher goes down...we trade big to replace him

We jumped at a talented prospect..and got him for no one presently on the roster..

We may wan our offense to be conservative..but our management is defintly NOT conservative...

Thats just it, if it don't fix the problem, why do it? It would be different if we were a good RB away from being a top running team, but that in no way, shape, or form is that the case.

*Offers glass of apple juice*

We rushed for 100+ last week. I think run blocking is decent. It's pass blocking that's the issue. And when we run that power formation

There may be some truth to that and I hope that Richardson prove's me wrong, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

I understand your viewpoint. But also note this. 23 first downs last week vs MIA. 14 were from passes, & 9 were from runs

9 rushing first downs isn't bad. Could it be better? Sure it could. But it's not bad when you factor in that it was behind our offensive line

Guest TeamLoloJones

People are freaking out about losing our 1st rd pick...but here's a thought.  Next year, during the draft if a Stud O-lineman is there that our Front Office wants, we can always trade back into the first using our future picks.  We don't need as many players next year after all the moves we made this year, so quality over quantity will more likely by the strategy.  I agree a 1st rd pick for a RB is a stretch but he may still be better than anyone we would end up getting next year in the 15-25 range, so I think people may be overreacting a little about the value of the trade.  

:bored:

Somewhere out there, there is a magical unicorn that will be worth all the 1st round picks in the world and bestow upon the members of it's new team the ability to sweep away all opposition on the field.  Then it will lead the team in a gleeful prance to the endzone.

:unicorn:                      :36dancing:  :yahoo:  :headspin:  :banana:  :dance:  :disco:  :monkeydance:

"Follow me!! I know the way!"

:loco:  

I understand your viewpoint. But also note this. 23 first downs last week vs MIA. 14 were from passes, & 9 were from runs

9 rushing first downs isn't bad. Could it be better? Sure it could. But it's not bad when you factor in that it was behind our offensive line

I understand that Richardson is young and has good potential, but at this point in time, I just don't see what more he has to offer than Bradshaw. Their pretty much the same type of back. Sure Bradshaw may have injury problems, but so does Richardson. Now we have 4 RB's on the roster again and were a guard short. I hope there are other moves in the near future to balance out the roster a little better.

I dont care how good your O-line is, its tough to run the ball well when the other teams defense can bring their safeties down without being punished by it in the passing game

I understand that Richardson is young and has good potential, but at this point in time, I just don't see what more he has to offer than Bradshaw. Their pretty much the same type of back. Sure Bradshaw may have injury problems, but so does Richardson. Now we have 4 RB's on the roster again and were a guard short. I hope there are other moves in the near future to balance out the roster a little better.

Well, now we have 2 BLOCKING backs. Donald Brown might be back on special teams again. Who knows what's about to happen. But I like it. 2 bruiser backs to wear down a defense. Then let Andrew Luck torch them through the air