Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

why do I know how to fix the OL and the coaches don't...

ruf

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Retiz to LT

AC to LG

Thorton (rookie) to RG

leave the C and RT as is for now or even think of starting the rookie holmes at C

how many of you think I should be coaching the OL since I seem to know what to do to fix this problem

If you start coaching will you quit posting?

Retiz to LT

AC to LG

Thorton (rookie) to RG

leave the C and RT as is for now or even think of starting the rookie holmes at C

how many of you think I should be coaching the OL since I seem to know what to do to fix this problem

Maybe you could tweet Irsay and apply for a job. I am sure he would be real interested in hiring you.  :spit:

Retiz to LT

AC to LG

Thorton (rookie) to RG

It doesn't matter what you do. You can pick any OL in the NFL and Luck's slow release and inability to read defenses quickly and not be able to hit check down receivers will mean that he will ALWAYS be pressured and give up a lot of sacks. He can still be a very good QB that way, look at Big Ben. But a thing of beauty who gets rid of the ball quickly and hopes that the defense blitzes him, he will never be.

Reitz is alright at LT, dont think with Lucks propensity to hang onto the ball to long it would be a good idea for Reitz to play LT, He is decent but not good enough to be counted on with Luck throwing the ball at this time, Castonzo is much more a Guard at this point I agree, not sure if he, Thornton of course to RG is good

I think the coaches have a better idea of what to do than anyone on the forums.  They literally spend all day working on this kind of stuff.  They see the guys in practice and know who has good footwork, good technique, experience at different positions, etc.  Furthermore, I don't think Reitz is very good and I can't see Castonzo being a good guard since he is not a good enough run blocker

It doesn't matter what you do. You can pick any OL in the NFL and Luck's slow release and inability to read defenses quickly and not be able to hit check down receivers will mean that he will ALWAYS be pressured and give up a lot of sacks. He can still be a very good QB that way, look at Big Ben. But a thing of beauty who gets rid of the ball quickly and hopes that the defense blitzes him, he will never be.

Luck has one of the quickest releases in the league. Quicker than Brady's and Brees.

Translation:

I hate Andrew Luck and will bash him every chance I get because we cut Peyton Manning (who, himself, was unsure he'd be the same player ever again) to draft him.

Seriously i dont know why these posters dont just go root for the Broncos and be happy instead of bitter and negative on this board.

Until you've been on the practice field, in the locker room, talked with the o-line personnel, and been in the film room, you have no way of knowing the best positions for our o-linemen. Perhaps one of them is nursing a hidden injury? Perhaps one of them prefers the position they're at? Perhaps one o-lineman has better chemistry with the man next to him?

GoodTimes is either obvious troll or worst Debbie downer ever. Luck has a slow release and inability to read defenses? Are you high!?!? When he gets time he is unreal. Guys with slow releases that can't read defenses don't set rookie records for passing and have eight 4th quarter comebacks...and almost a 9th. With a sub average line....wow. I am done with BadTimes. What a turd

Yeah, stick to your day job, I don't think the NFL is calling any time soon.

Honestly if this person has aspiration of being an NFL coach, he needs to go after it. I honestly don't know how far he'll get but go after that dream.  If he thinks he knows more than the coach, prove it, prove it on the field and not here on the forum.

GoodTimes is either obvious troll or worst Debbie downer ever. Luck has a slow release and inability to read defenses? Are you high!?!? When he gets time he is unreal. Guys with slow releases that can't read defenses don't set rookie records for passing and have eight 4th quarter comebacks...and almost a 9th. With a sub average line....wow. I am done with BadTimes. What a turd

thats an insult to turds everywhere..

Its trolling of sorts. It use to be much worse right after Manning was released. There were tons of this type of poster on here who were very bitter (understandable btw). Thankfully a good portion did themselves and us a favor and either moved on or left the forum.

Reitz was tried at T in the pre season...   it did not look good. 

The OL is what it is.   Last season's success and Andrew Luck's success have totally warped the realistic expectations for this team.     This team is more talented than last seasons.    But it could win half the games.    Andrew CANNOT be expected to win the game in a last minute drive EVERY GAME.      It finally caught up with Indy.

Thomas's injury "REALLY" hurts the team.    But Thornton is a keeper.      Now just get Samson S and McGo-by-me OUT OF THE LINEUP and this line will improve.     The Colts are just PATHETICALLY BAD UP THE MIDDLE.   This has got to be addressed.    The ideal cure was H Thornton at RG and Thomas at LG.     But.....    par for the coarse Indy has already been hit by the injury bug.

Maybe put Reitz at RG or LG and let Hugh go where he feels comfortable early?

Time to hit he waiver wire for C's or G's...      Why did we ever let AQ Shipley go over SS?   That was just a terrible call on Grigs part.

Retiz to LT

AC to LG

Thorton (rookie) to RG

Retiz to LT

AC to LG

Thorton (rookie) to RG

horrible idea.  you are close though

AC - LT

JR - LG

SS - C

HT - RG

GC - RT

I have an idea on how to fix the OL.

1.  Steal Jadeveon Clowney from SC and place him at C

2.  Move Mike McGlynn to slot WR, I've been a big advocate of McGlynn moving to the slot.

3.  Feed Cherilus pancakes on Wednesday.

4.  Make Andrew Luck play the role of Bo Jackson in Super Tecmo Bowl.

5.  Feed Cherilus more panckes.

6.  Send the whole team to Las Vegas for women, gambling and alcohol once a week for a few days.

and!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's done!

BAM!

Guest TeamLoloJones

Luck has one of the quickest releases in the NFL, Aaron Rodgers may be the only one quicker.

Honestly if this person has aspiration of being an NFL coach, he needs to go after it. I honestly don't know how far he'll get but go after that dream.  If he thinks he knows more than the coach, prove it, prove it on the field and not here on the forum.

If it keeps him from posting, I completely agree with you.

SS is not involved in ANY SCENARIO to the fix for this OL,   ..  in fact he is one of the viruses that plagues it.

Time for Holmes to get his booty on the field.    It can't get any worse.

horrible idea.  you are close though

AC - LT

JR - LG

SS - C

HT - RG

GC - RT

SS is not involved in ANY SCENARIO to the fix for this OL,   ..  in fact he is one of the viruses that plagues it.

Time for Holmes to get his booty on the field.    It can't get any worse.

holmes needs the season to learn and get stronger.  satele is the best option this season