Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

why do I know how to fix the OL and the coaches don't...

ruf

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Things just got terrifying/bizarre. Anybody else uncomfortable with this situation. :loco:

What's that suppose to mean?

Luck has a pretty quick release. I will say he has different releases at times, and I wish his release was more consistent. Also wish he had a more natural grip.

Translation:

I hate Andrew Luck and will bash him every chance I get because we cut Peyton Manning (who, himself, was unsure he'd be the same player ever again) to draft him.

Seriously i dont know why these posters dont just go root for the Broncos and be happy instead of bitter and negative on this board.

because they keep lying to them selves saying they are real " colts fans " when in reality they are just " peyton manning " fans

I have an idea on how to fix the OL.

1.  Steal Jadeveon Clowney from SC and place him at C

2.  Move Mike McGlynn to slot WR, I've been a big advocate of McGlynn moving to the slot.

3.  Feed Cherilus pancakes on Wednesday.

4.  Make Andrew Luck play the role of Bo Jackson in Super Tecmo Bowl.

5.  Feed Cherilus more panckes.

6.  Send the whole team to Las Vegas for women, gambling and alcohol once a week for a few days.

and!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's done!

BAM!

best post ever!!!!!!!!!

It doesn't matter what you do. You can pick any OL in the NFL and Luck's slow release and inability to read defenses quickly and not be able to hit check down receivers will mean that he will ALWAYS be pressured and give up a lot of sacks. He can still be a very good QB that way, look at Big Ben. But a thing of beauty who gets rid of the ball quickly and hopes that the defense blitzes him, he will never be.

:facepalm:  :sigh:

Translation:

I hate Andrew Luck and will bash him every chance I get because we cut Peyton Manning (who, himself, was unsure he'd be the same player ever again) to draft him.

Seriously i dont know why these posters dont just go root for the Broncos and be happy instead of bitter and negative on this board.

JWF-  I think you just joined the long list of the members of this forum who knows what and who a troll is. Unfortunately this is an open forum and this type of stuff has to be part of the whole picture. Trolls are very careful on how they word their comments and know exactly what buttons to push without going over the line. I guess it's easier just to sit and do nothing but come up with negative comments trying to get under peoples skin. It's OK because we all know who they are and can see right through them. Peace.

GoodTimes is either obvious troll or worst Debbie downer ever. Luck has a slow release and inability to read defenses? Are you high!?!? When he gets time he is unreal. Guys with slow releases that can't read defenses don't set rookie records for passing and have eight 4th quarter comebacks...and almost a 9th. With a sub average line....wow. I am done with BadTimes. What a turd

I think it is messed up that someone has an avatar of Ariel Castro and has a moniker of good times. We need Charles Ramsey to go kick in his door.

Retiz to LT

AC to LG

Thorton (rookie) to RG

leave the C and RT as is for now or even think of starting the rookie holmes at C

how many of you think I should be coaching the OL since I seem to know what to do to fix this problem

This is the most ^&%#*) up post I've seen here in a long time. Wow. Did you forget to take your meds?

Posted · Hidden by Superman, September 17, 2013 - inflammatory
Hidden by Superman, September 17, 2013 - inflammatory

It doesn't matter what you do. You can pick any OL in the NFL and Luck's slow release and inability to read defenses quickly and not be able to hit check down receivers will mean that he will ALWAYS be pressured and give up a lot of sacks. He can still be a very good QB that way, look at Big Ben. But a thing of beauty who gets rid of the ball quickly and hopes that the defense blitzes him, he will never be.

You need to stop be annoying. You say you're not a troll, but you need to look up the definition. Plus, you're obviously a hater who is trying to convince colts fans that Luck is going to be average at best. Why do you bother? Go away. You're like a mosquito that won't go away. 

You seem to think we care about what YOU think. %&*$ off, OK?

Retiz to LT

AC to LG

Thorton (rookie) to RG

leave the C and RT as is for now or even think of starting the rookie holmes at C

how many of you think I should be coaching the OL since I seem to know what to do to fix this problem

IMO Reitz is terrible at LT. If we leave Costanzo at LT and move Reitz to LG with the rest of the line as you say I believe it would work better.

That isn't true and everyone who comments on NFL games has noted it. Lots of posters here have mentioned it too.

Agreed it is not his mechanics. He holds the ball a little too long trying to make the big play when a quicker shorter play would help to keep the drive alive. Luck also needs to learn to audible better which is something that Peyton was great at. Luck will learn all these things and hopefully gets us more SBs.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, September 17, 2013 - inflammatory
Hidden by Superman, September 17, 2013 - inflammatory

You need to stop be annoying. You say you're not a troll, but you need to look up the definition. Plus, you're obviously a hater who is trying to convince colts fans that Luck is going to be average at best. Why do you bother? Go away. You're like a mosquito that won't go away. 

You seem to think we care about what YOU think. %&*$ off, OK?

Then you are free to use your ignore button. I think I have about 30 likes of posts. So there are people who agree with me. Some of you shout them down and they don't post much but they are definitely out there. If you definition of being a troll that one has to agree with the most hard care fans on everything or you are a troll? That would seem to be pretty limited thinking and the forum would become very boring with only people who agree with each other on everything. That is just my opinion.

Agreed it is not his mechanics. He holds the ball a little too long trying to make the big play when a quicker shorter play would help to keep the drive alive. Luck also needs to learn to audible better which is something that Peyton was great at. Luck will learn all these things and hopefully gets us more SBs.

I don't know about the Super Bowls because not every great player gets there. Look at how long it was between Super Bowls for the Colts before Peyton came along. The Colts had a lot of great players on those teams that never got us there. That said, you are right in my mind on everything else and too believe he will learn these things and become at least very good if not great.

Edited by Superman

The problem isn't Lucks release, it's him holding the ball because of either coverage, having to scramble or not making the right read. This past week it was more coverage and not making the right read. Week one it was more protection and coverage.

Agreed. As an example Luck could have called a run up the gut instead of letting Wheeler run in around Jones (who was occupied) and bat the ball down.

Retiz to LT

AC to LG

Thorton (rookie) to RG

Retiz to LT

AC to LG

Thorton (rookie) to RG

This is a favorable % in dynamics and I would see this really working right out of the game.  Just curious, how did you come up with this?  This is pretty amazing.  I don't say that about too many posts but some time and error comes to %.  how long will it take for my sleeping pills to wear off, they are Ambien 12.5 ER.  Any help thanks

This is a favorable % in dynamics and I would see this really working right out of the game.  Just curious, how did you come up with this?  This is pretty amazing.  I don't say that about too many posts but some time and error comes to %.  how long will it take for my sleeping pills to wear off, they are Ambien 12.5 ER.  Any help thanks

I would make a pretty amazing coach. but here is the genus behind my plan. It's easy to figure out. #1 Reitz is a better pass blocker than AC (who is better at run blocking).

the right side will be ok with Cherlius at RT and Hugh the rookie at RG. the rookie Holmes can start if the C now does not improve when these moves.

we should have the 3 wr set more often(which will help the OL) with 1 TE and 1 RB (the one that can pass block). I think Reitz has proven to be the better pass blocker especially against faster DE

I like the joe Reitz to tackle idea. He wouldn't do great off the bat but he wouldn't suck. I'd put cherilus at guard since he's bigger and shorter. 6'7 guards are not ideal for me. Put Reitz at RT maybe. O by the way, did I mention that mcglynn and satele are bums?! I thought it was mcglynn that went down in the dolphins game :(

I think for the good of this thread you should officially contact the Colts with your proposal and tender you interest in the position of Head Coach and share the response with us.

Great Idea!! but let's make it instead of Head Coach OL coach and if we can get enough signatures from this fan board maybe they will take me on because of my great football mind.

Great Idea!! but let's make it instead of Head Coach OL coach and if we can get enough signatures from this fan board maybe they will take me on because of my great football mind.

I think that your application would be given the consideration it deserves without any support from the boards. Get it done and share the response with us :)